[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

How were you able to reach 5km/s? Did you need to use SABRES in rocket mode, or can you get up to those speeds breathing air?

Sabres indeed, I'm starting to dislike them though, works pretty weird as a jet engine.

1.8km/s @ 35km -> rocket mode -> 5km/s @ 105km.

May try again sometime with seperate jet and rocket engines.

They are just three Maverick-V from KW Rocketry pack that I have put into a dark room, for a few hours, and "convinced" them they were SSMEs (also increasing their gimbal range seemed to help :D)

I see ;) Should try Atlas V replica today.

They are just three Maverick-V from KW Rocketry pack that I have put into a dark room, for a few hours, and "convinced" them they were SSMEs (also increasing their gimbal range seemed to help :D)

No, there are five lights.

I'm currently battling a couple of problems: Kerbin's rotation period is screwed since about the v2 update of the mod (fixed at 6h, no matter what I put in rotPeriod) and solar panels don't work (initially I get billions of energy units being generated and as soon as I get a bit away from Kerbin on escape it tips over into the negative billions). Anybody help please?

diablos: expect v5 shortly, it fixes those errors.

Fractal_UK: nice, very nice.

What's new then in v5? And what happened to v4? The thread still says v3. I haven't downloaded any of these recent versions due to lack of spare time, so what is the total feature set right now?

I think it would have been nicer, and more subtle, if the "chain of command" was lower case and not bold. Then this could have been continued for quite a while.

Wait, I thought this was v4. Ah.

Changelog

v4 -- \/

*Switched to new config file system

*Fixed max zoomout on map camera

*Fixed some scaledspace issues (configurable)

*Changed VAB/SPH camera for more freedom (with a fix: thanks, asmi!) (configurable)

*Removed 5x and 50x timewarp; added 1 million x and 10m x timewarp (configurable)

*Adjusted solar panels to inverse-square law (configurable)

Changelog

v4 -- \/

*Changed VAB/SPH camera for more freedom (with a fix: thanks, asmi!) (configurable)

*Removed 5x and 50x timewarp; added 1 million x and 10m x timewarp (configurable)

Yeeey. Do we need to delete something or simply overwrite?

Edit: Archive 4 days old. Is that it?

Changelog

v4 -- \/

Hang on, so have you just got the numbers mixed up and this is the changelog for a new version coming out soon, or did you think that you had released v4 at some point and not actually done so, and this is the changelog for that version, not the one you're about to release?

Slight issue with timewarp; it's been redacted from v4 for now.

Yes, I thought we were on v4, but apparently it's v3. I must have absentmindedly created a new line in the changelog for new features, then did it again. The changelog on the OP is correct now.

Slight issue with timewarp; it's been redacted from v4 for now.

Yes, I thought we were on v4, but apparently it's v3. I must have absentmindedly created a new line in the changelog for new features, then did it again. The changelog on the OP is correct now.

And the title?