[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Skylon

I wonder what else they will do to counter the quite extreme offset center of thrust for the Skylon IRL... Granted the exhaust curves downwards a bit and it can gimbal but it seems like a really wasteful workaround, especially for a SSTO that prides itself on efficiency.

Can you post a craft file for that Skylon?

This mod is great! Totally gives me a challenge playing KSP again. I'm using the Planet Factory Version and it works fine, but for some reason the textures and clouds are not being recognized. I really want to have it look like it does here http://imgur.com/a/IkAx3#0 but that's not happening for some reason. Anyone know why and how I might fix it?

Hiya all-

I have been playing KSP for 270+ hours now, and I would figure that this gives motre challenge. I have just encountered 2 rather severe bugs that I was wondering if anyone had any data on.

The first is whenever I leave "Earth's" SOI, my craft immediately accelerates to 27000ms, is on a solar system escape trajectory, and engines no longer affect the speed.

The second is that when I use the highest 2 warp settings that were added by RSS, when I turn then down, my craft immediately explodes, and even if I go back to a quick save, it still explodes after the quick save is loaded.

Anyone have any tips?

For your first question, I am using Mechjeb, Stretchy Tanks, FAR, procedural Fairings, KW Rocketry for the engines, and the Planet Factory extention to RSS.

Regarding question 2, I should clarify. It explodes as in pieces come apart, and the craft root goes into a heavy spin. NOT lithobrake style explosion. Also, what is KJR?

Ah, Planet Factory. Sounds like bad interaction between Krag's timewarp and mine, maybe? metaphor would know more about interoperation, but for now you could remove the timewarp node in RealSolarSystemSettings.cfg.

KJR is Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, by Ferram. It improves part physics.

It explodes as in pieces come apart, and the craft root goes into a heavy spin. NOT lithobrake style explosion. Also, what is KJR?

KJR is Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. I have it and I have exactly the same problem. Explodes just the way you describe. And it's the launchpad, like Nathan said. Except I recall downloading the latest version so I don't know what I did wrong.

It exploded ONLY after leaving high time warp, as in LEO, or anywhere else. Fancy lander, or basic RTG probe, the only thing left was the root part with a few non structural parts remaining. NOT flung at kraken velocity.

I was using the latest spaceport version I downloaded yesterday. I will try and clean up the cfg file, as I believe the warp issues are causing most of the problems. BTW, FAR is incredible, and you should be proud!

I must've downloaded slightly before 1.7. The latest version in my downloads folder is 1.6 so I guess that's very likely what I'm using. I will download the new version once someone figures out my stuck loading bar.

So, I have successfully used this mod along with the other realism overhaul mods. However, something strange has started to happen. Whenever i load up KSP, I only have one chance to launch anything. If I revert, or leave to the space center, on the next launch the UI comes up, but the navball is empty and reads NAN m/s. Furthermore, I cant leave to the space center either. Any help would be appreciated on how to fix this glitch.

Thanks

Spica

So, I have successfully used this mod along with the other realism overhaul mods. However, something strange has started to happen. Whenever i load up KSP, I only have one chance to launch anything. If I revert, or leave to the space center, on the next launch the UI comes up, but the navball is empty and reads NAN m/s. Furthermore, I cant leave to the space center either. Any help would be appreciated on how to fix this glitch.

Thanks

Spica

Are you by chance using an outdated version of StretchySRB? Because that was the major issue in the previous version of SSRB when one used solid fuel boosters on his craft.

I found out what was wrong, stretchytanks had updates without my knowing. I was getting the blackscreen with the sea level srb.

Thank you Wallenberg and NathanKell for the help.

Spica

Just something interesting between the bug reports and problems, if you don't mind. I just accidentally built an SSTO.

Gotta work on the return, though.

ARfJvkzl.png

It was originally supposed to be the first stage of a Saturn V replica, but it seems to be a slight bit too powerful. Also the engines are attached using the forced surface attachment from Editor Extensions and they sank in there quite a bit.

Interesting. :]

A note: when you set something to radially attach and it doesn't have a node_attach, it uses the part origin (0,0,0) as the place to attach. For most parts, that's in the center of the part. Hence your issue. If you want to enable radial attachment for that engine, add a node_attach with the same numbers as the node_stack_top

Hello NathanKell,

It's quite awesome and epic mod. I want to know, does this version supports changing multiple MODULE and/or RESOURCE nodes within one configuration node?

I will provide you example, so it will be easier for you to understand my question. For example "Engine X1000" in config file has MODULE for ModuleEngines, MODULE for ModuleResourceIntake and RESOURCE to store the intake. Question is: what I need to add to config file, in order just with one button to change two MODULEs and RESOURCE nodes?

WarStalkeR: Sorry, I think you may have posted in the wrong thread. This is the thread for Real Solar System; it changes planets and moons, etc. I think maybe you're thinking of Module Manager?
Just something interesting between the bug reports and problems, if you don't mind. I just accidentally built an SSTO.

Gotta work on the return, though.

http://i.imgur.com/ARfJvkzl.png

It was originally supposed to be the first stage of a Saturn V replica, but it seems to be a slight bit too powerful. Also the engines are attached using the forced surface attachment from Editor Extensions and they sank in there quite a bit.

It's an SSTO when it actually makes it to orbit :wink:

Let us know when that happens; we'll expect a full pictorial report.

First of all thanks metaphor, this is beautiful. I love it. I made a new install (firstly RealSolarSystem, PlanetFactory, VisualEnhancements(Clouds and City Lights), UniverseReplacer mods) and after that your mod. I don't have: Saturn, Uranus and theese systems, Neptune's system and pluto's. What could be the problem?

EDIT: Problem solved, I loaded the sentar expansion and it works properly. Thanks again! :)

Edited by Chebalu