[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

@NathanKell: Yeah, it turns out that SLC-6 was used for Athena launches in the 90's before being converted for Delta IV launches.

I've got a list of all the launch sites that I've worked out (including stock Cape Canaveral so I can easily reset it) available in this text file. It includes the coordinates and setup for these sites, with the locations moved east or west slightly to be more correct with the PQS than actual location:

I'm looking into more to add, since it turns out that it's relatively quick to do if you use a small enough MapDecal; any suggestions?

Edited by ferram4

The most recent version is the only version that's been posted so far. :)

Ferram: Heh, I keep forgetting Slick 6 is finally in use after all those years. Neat article (by the excellent Dwayne Day) on its history, and The Curse.

Speaking of all those space centers--anyone got hires topographic data? MapDecal is, after all, a decal, so rather than a simple flat heightmap we can use a hirez heightmap for, say, KSC.

I'm having some balancing issues with v6.0 preview. For some reason, the rockets tend to be less able on the,launchpad compared to RSS Kerbin. Not sure why this is?

In adition, I found this strange bug where certain physics objects will do bothing once they touch the ground, and once you switch to them or get within about 100m of them, they suddenly come alive and continue:

ZAl7pni.png

This is after a simulated abort: the SRB's detached flew around a bit but as son as they touched the ground they just stopped and hanged there like that.

rJi00oM.png

After I switched to them they suddenly came alive and started interacting with physics again. It doesn't happen only in 4x Physics time warp. 1x Does the same.

I'm having some balancing issues with v6.0 preview. For some reason, the rockets tend to be less able on the,launchpad compared to RSS Kerbin. Not sure why this is?

In adition, I found this strange bug where certain physics objects will do bothing once they touch the ground, and once you switch to them or get within about 100m of them, they suddenly come alive and continue:

http://i.imgur.com/ZAl7pni.png

This is after a simulated abort: the SRB's detached flew around a bit but as son as they touched the ground they just stopped and hanged there like that.

http://i.imgur.com/rJi00oM.png

After I switched to them they suddenly came alive and started interacting with physics again. It doesn't happen only in 4x Physics time warp. 1x Does the same.

That's because rockets like to fly. They don't want on the ground.

Sry but I dont get it in the First thread there are 2 download links, wich provides different Downloads. The first one provides realsolarsystem 5.5 wich has only 204 kb the other one is called realsolarsystem master has the size of ca.50mb

Wich one is the right one to install into game data.?

Sincerly Durchschuss

Edited by Durchschuss

It's 3E+08, not 09. Or for accuracy, 2.9979E+08

I remember someone posting a few months ago it takes 1 minute for signals to reach the Moon, which isn't true IRL but RT2 seems to have slower speed of light to adjust for the shorter distances though it's weird since speed of light is 3E8..

I remember someone posting a few months ago it takes 1 minute for signals to reach the Moon, which isn't true IRL but RT2 seems to have slower speed of light to adjust for the shorter distances though it's weird since speed of light is 3E8..

1 minute with RSS or stock? Either way, I've sent probes to the moon with signal delay on and it took 1.2 seconds, exactly as long as is should take. So if you set it to 3E+9, your speed of light will be waaaay too fast.

Yeah, but it's really looking and changing the 'Grid' cfg file in the Kethane GameData

I am confused, do you mean it is really bad looking? And what grid size do I set it to? I have been looking in the grid cft file.

Change the following like this:

ConsumptionMultiplier = 0.1

RangeMultiplier = 10

SpeedOfLight = 3E+09

Thank you for that !

I am also looking for the information about the exact position of the Kerbin station for RemoteTech_setting file for RSS please, because mine is maybe not at the right position.

GroundStations

{

STATION

{

Guid = ?

Name = Mission Control

Latitude = ?

Longitude = ?

Height = ?

Body = 1

Antennas

{

ANTENNA

{

Omni = ?

}

}

}

}

Edited by kiko1004

I know this isn't a priority, but can someone, maybe Nathan or AbeS give me a hand with trying to figure out why AbeS' launch window calculator is off?

I cross referenced all of the orbital elements with Celestia, (I don't have Orbiter on this comp, but someone who does can give it a shot) and everything matches up, particularly the planets are where they are supposed to be, when they are supposed to be there. I'm out of ideas.