[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

No, I mean, you have to raise the numbers in the 'Grid' cfg file and just open KSP, look at the change and it's just eyeing the numbers. There's no 'easy' way to do it..

Ok thanks. Will futs around with it and see what I hammer out.

I've refined my config for RSS 6 and PF today. Changes (that I remember):

-All bodies' inclination are relative to their parent's equator

-Radii fixed for Phobos and Deimos

-Double checked and fixed all SMA's, orbital and rotational periods

-Integrated the color and height maps for all planets and moons, these are from metaphor's pack but use RSS 6 instead of Universe Replacer.

-Changed multiple fade altitudes, most notably Kerbin fades in at 110km. Basically no timewarp lag in LEO.

-Fixed Titan atmospheric pressure (4.5 -> 1.45atm)

Download here, requires clouds and PF. TextureReplacer is for skybox only.

Nathan, you forgot to explain what deformity is. I'd like to know what the stuff in the following do:

Andrey, the clouds on Duna/Mars are a little thick still... Can barely see the surface of the Planet. Otherwise it's a very well done configuration. Was just thinking of setting one up this weekend. Now I don't have to! Thanks mate.

uEpphnj.png

p.s. Is there any chance of getting a texture for Ceres/Minmus? And alos removing the "rings" around the one moon of Neptune I think. Forgot the in-game name.

Edited by ANWRocketMan

ANWRocketMan: No idea. And I've never heard of it happening to anyone else either.... :\

Captain_Party: I have to look into exactly how KSP determines where to launch from; If memory serves there's a transform childed to the KSC city object that is the actual place that launches from. However, space center would bug out if it didn't have the other buildings, I think...or at least it wouldn't work if you couldn't click on the VAB!

kiko1004: use the same latitude and longitude as is set for KSC in the RealSolarSystem.cfg.

ANWRocketMan: No idea. And I've never heard of it happening to anyone else either.... :\

It just happened to me too... instead of splashing down in the sea I just... stopped... floating in the aira few meters above the water. the pod had some some spent sepratrons that instantly started firing without actually having any fuel (or making any thrust)... so something is making stuff just freeze and fire the srb animations instead of actually interacting with the ground.

It just happened to me too... instead of splashing down in the sea I just... stopped... floating in the aira few meters above the water. the pod had some some spent sepratrons that instantly started firing without actually having any fuel (or making any thrust)... so something is making stuff just freeze and fire the srb animations instead of actually interacting with the ground.
This only hapenned after I installed and added ECLSS to my stuff. Or at least, I never noticed it before.

Ok, time to break out the output_log.txt files guys

Seriously. No funning this time.

Andrey, the clouds on Duna/Mars are a little thick still... Can barely see the surface of the Planet. Otherwise it's a very well done configuration. Was just thinking of setting one up this weekend. Now I don't have to! Thanks mate.

p.s. Is there any chance of getting a texture for Ceres/Minmus? And alos removing the "rings" around the one moon of Neptune I think. Forgot the in-game name.

I haven't changed the clouds from metaphor's pack so that's why they're so thick. You could remove his custom ones and use the very subtle ones visual enhancements comes with.

For Ceres there's no color map that I can find, same applies for a lot of small or far out bodies. They just haven't been explored or mapped by any spacecraft. And I could see how PF handles rings and see if I can get rid of them, haven't had time to look through that stuff just yet.

Ok, time to break out the output_log.txt files guys

Seriously. No funning this time.

Sure. But only tomorrow. Gotta get my 6 hours of sleep and half-day at university.

I haven't changed the clouds from metaphor's pack so that's why they're so thick. You could remove his custom ones and use the very subtle ones visual enhancements comes with.

For Ceres there's no color map that I can find, same applies for a lot of small or far out bodies. They just haven't been explored or mapped by any spacecraft. And I could see how PF handles rings and see if I can get rid of them, haven't had time to look through that stuff just yet.

Hmm, I see. Can't wait for 2015 and New Horizons now... :wink: Thanks for the work anyway. Now i gotta figure out how to get everything I use installed at the same time.

I know this isn't a priority, but can someone, maybe Nathan or AbeS give me a hand with trying to figure out why AbeS' launch window calculator is off?

I cross referenced all of the orbital elements with Celestia, (I don't have Orbiter on this comp, but someone who does can give it a shot) and everything matches up, particularly the planets are where they are supposed to be, when they are supposed to be there. I'm out of ideas.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Epoch, I had thought about setting it to 0 in the cfg and check if it becomes accurate. Will try it out in a few mins

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Epoch, I had thought about setting it to 0 in the cfg and check if it becomes accurate. Will try it out in a few mins

Let me know what happens. That's what I thought at first, but I opened up Celestia and set the time to 12:00 TT on 1/1/1950 and 2000 and checked that against the start date in a new game, (should also be 12:00 TT on 1/1/1950) and the planets are in the same place at both times.

Eureka! It worked flawlessly!! dates, phase angle, ejection angle everything! Now, there must be a way to change that. But I don't really mind playing in specific dates so I will stick to Epoch = 0 for now

Eureka! It worked flawlessly!! dates, phase angle, ejection angle everything! Now, there must be a way to change that. But I don't really mind playing in specific dates so I will stick to Epoch = 0 for now

Weird. So technically the game starts at noon TT 2000 instead of 1950, but I don't really care. Maybe at some point Nathan can figure out the discrepancy. For now, I'm content to just have some functional porkchop plots!

Just out of curiosity, how did you test it, exactly?

From a quick peek at the planner's code, looks like it needs a few more lines to support epochs, i.e. calling functionBlah(time+epoch) instead of functionBlah() for functions that get passed a time, and then a global epoch variable. Never heard of CoffeeScript in my life, but it looks pretty simple. Congrats on nailing down the problem!

I don't know any of those languages! I just looked at it for a while and figured out what I had to change, I don't think I could add new stuff. They don't teach java and stuff to us, mechatronics students :P

I don't know any of those languages! I just looked at it for a while and figured out what I had to change, I don't think I could add new stuff. They don't teach java and stuff to us, mechatronics students :P

Sounds exactly like my style of messing with someone else's code. Just hope it's easy enough to understand and replace some numbers, works pretty well for KSP stuff.

I have some issues. The Earth map won't load. It is instead loading Kerbin's map. And when i press start game, the screen is turning black, but everything else is working. I have tried to install RealSolarSystem back again, but it won't work.

EDIT:

I found the problem. There seems that the add-on FASA is disturbing the textures.

tx4d.png

s6pv.png

Edited by Chris94

I have some issues. The Earth map won't load. It is instead loading Kerbin's map. And when i press start game, the screen is turning black, but everything else is working. I have tried to install RealSolarSystem back again, but it won't work.

EDIT:

I found the problem. There seems that the add-on FASA is disturbing the textures.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/585/tx4d.png

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/546/s6pv.png

That's alarming, I don't think there's much in FASA that could do that but he's included the reflection plugin that I adopted and updated... Do you still have the output_log.txt from when it happened? Or would you see if you can get it to happen again and send me that file?

That's alarming, I don't think there's much in FASA that could do that but he's included the reflection plugin that I adopted and updated... Do you still have the output_log.txt from when it happened? Or would you see if you can get it to happen again and send me that file?

The game is not crashing. It is just that the addon is changing the RealSolarSystem addon, so it goes back to the texture Kerbin has, not Earth. Do you think it is the addon, or is it a graphics problem maybe? My graphics card has the latest version. The Kerbin solarsystem is the size of our own solarsystem, but has Kerbal solarsystem textures. You do understand what i am saying here?

Edited by Chris94

The game is not crashing. It is just that the addon is changing the RealSolarSystem addon, so it goes back to the texture Kerbin has, not Earth. Do you think it is the addon, or is it a graphics problem maybe? My graphics card has the latest version. The Kerbin solarsystem is the size of our own solarsystem, but has Kerbal solarsystem textures. You do understand what i am saying here?

Yes I understand it is not crashing and I never said I thought it was. FASA is a parts pack. It doesn't change anything dealing with Kerbin textures or RSS.

Not entirely sure where to ask this, but is there a better way to calculate when to launch for the best angle for a lunar encounter? Doing it by eye i usually only get within 6-12 degrees and MechJeb always launches me exactly 52/54 degrees off, so thats useless too.