[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

2 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Your log on Google drive is not marked for public access so I can't check what's in it but a minimum install of RSS would be:

GameData

->     Kopenricus

->    ModularFlightIntegrator

->    RealSolarSystem

->    RSS-Textures

->   ModuleManager.2.6.35.dll

Make sure you have the latest versions of each.

All mods are up to date. Here's what I believe should be a public link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwRjDijADLd-VTdENTFDWWR5elU/view?usp=sharing

32 minutes ago, Hysterrics said:

All mods are up to date. Here's what I believe should be a public link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwRjDijADLd-VTdENTFDWWR5elU/view?usp=sharing

Had a look at the log. Most obvious thing was a very out of date ModuleManager (v.2.6.21) and the exception it was throwing during its Awake() method.

There was also a Kopernicus related exception near the end that I've not seen before.

I'd try replacing ModuleManager with the latest version first.

11 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Had a look at the log. Most obvious thing was a very out of date ModuleManager (v.2.6.21) and the exception it was throwing during its Awake() method.

There was also a Kopernicus related exception near the end that I've not seen before.

I'd try replacing ModuleManager with the latest version first.

Thanks! MM was the issue! I just used the one included in the RSS download I believe(or it might have been the one CKAN downloaded).

2 hours ago, Gman_builder said:

I don't understand.

I put RealSolarSystem into my Gamedata

I put RSS-Textures into my gamedata

I launch the game

And nothing has changed

Please help!

You also need Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator and ModuleManager. Make sure you have the latest version of each mod for 1.1.3.

Just now, Aelfhe1m said:

You also need Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator and ModuleManager. Make sure you have the latest version of each mod for 1.1.3.

Well ya I thought it was kind of obvious I had those too. They come with the download. I already had the newest version of MFI anyway.

Hello everyone

Can anyone tell me if its possible to change names of planets as somewhere down the line of me installing RSS, Earth has gone back to being called kerbin and i know its petty but it annoys me to no end.

Thanks!

Edited by Beruk

OTf26d6.png

110 Ton to LEO lifter!

Seriously though, part count isn't a problem, but flying was a real pain, because the "lead ballast" tank kept swinging around.  Still, successful flight.

1 hour ago, VASMIR said:

OTf26d6.png

110 Ton to LEO lifter!

Seriously though, part count isn't a problem, but flying was a real pain, because the "lead ballast" tank kept swinging around.  Still, successful flight.

lead ballast? To keep TWR down or why?

3 hours ago, Starwaster said:

lead ballast? To keep TWR down or why?

This was a payload demonstration flight.  Even with my planned Mars mission, I'll probably never loft anything that big.

Am I the only one who have issues with landing gears? I mean, they are crap even is stock game, but in RSS when I try to lift off planes at certain point gears just jump off the ground (no matter on runway or in field), and plane flips over.

On 7/24/2016 at 5:47 AM, flx said:

Am I the only one who have issues with landing gears? I mean, they are crap even is stock game, but in RSS when I try to lift off planes at certain point gears just jump off the ground (no matter on runway or in field), and plane flips over.

No, sadly landing gears seem to be pretty much broken in KSP 1.1.3 as a result of Unity 5 not supporting Squad's method of handling the gears (that's how I understand the problem, anyway... if I'm wrong, somebody please correct me). So, until 1.2 is released, or a hotfix is released in a 1.1.4 update, the problems that landing gears pose renders aircraft pretty much unplayable, which is sad, seeing as how I was just starting to fall in love with airplanes after playing RO in 1.1.2, where the landing gear seemed to work a little better.

Just want to put in a plug for NecroBones' Real Scale Boosters mod.  In addition to Kerbalized versions of a bunch of real world rockets, it also includes some from Eyes Turned Skywards and some which were never built.  I used some of these latter parts to make this ridiculous thing...

JgNjSWO.png

Three 12.2m Nova cores plus 14 Ariane V SRBs equals 892 tons to a 250 km orbit in RSS.

On 27.7.2016 at 7:44 AM, Norcalplanner said:

Just want to put in a plug for NecroBones' Real Scale Boosters mod.  In addition to Kerbalized versions of a bunch of real world rockets, it also includes some from Eyes Turned Skywards and some which were never built.  I used some of these latter parts to make this ridiculous thing...

JgNjSWO.png

Three 12.2m Nova cores plus 14 Ariane V SRBs equals 892 tons to a 250 km orbit in RSS.

Hmm, I thought giving the Soyuz a 'revamp', so I made this funny little guy, mostly from procedural parts...

qhlo68fl.jpg

Doesn't look very pleasing, since the paint would have decreased efficiency by adding weight, just for the eyes.

Hurls about 1kt into 'some' LEO...

3fb4s3ml.jpg