[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

3 hours ago, Wattsits said:

So I've been experiencing a bug which is not allowing any docking of any sort. Any ideas?

I can list my mods if need be.

How about a detailed description of the problem with reliable reproduction steps? How about logs? Have you tried running with only RSS & the mods required for it to run and nothing else?

On 09/11/2016 at 11:18 AM, Turdsandwitch said:

so what version does RSS work on at the moment? and where can i download older versions of the game?

Haven't tried it myself, but in Steam go to the game in your Library, right click -> Properties -> Betas and you can choose KSP 1.1.3.

Edited by Rapta

On 11/8/2016 at 5:18 PM, Turdsandwitch said:

so what version does RSS work on at the moment? and where can i download older versions of the game?

Just tried it on 1.2, and it doesn't load the mod.  It looks like 1.1.3 is the version you need.

I don't use Steam for KSP (WHAT?!), so I'm not sure how to get 1.1.3 if that's the route you've taken.  Otherwise, you can download it from the KSP site:  https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/en/

1. Click BUY NOW in the top-right of the screen.
  2. Enter your account credentials (assuming you've already purchased it via this method).
  3. Click My Account to the right of your name.
  4. Click the Download button on the line item of your original purchase.
  5. Scroll down to the Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3 section, and select the OS and installation type you want.

One of the guys above me laid out how to do it through Steam, or you can buy it through the KSP site.  I've actually done both since I was having trouble with Steam on Ubuntu a while back.  It's a game worth paying for twice.  :)

On 11/20/2016 at 1:37 AM, Arcturusvfx said:

Just out of curiosity, Where are those modules and solar panels from?

1st pic :-

Mainly SSTU mod has and it's own module panels. The white panels are from the Heat Control mod. not sure whether RO will have 'overheating' active.

2nd pic:

Trying Near Future Construction stuff

Those Blue panels are Kvant-1's ..but you'll think I'll be able to find which mod it is...??

TAC is the Life Support modules, Procedural parts and a few other goodies.

Edited by ColKlonk2

I'm literally dying of thirst for RSS right now. I would go back to 1.1.3 if not for game breaking bugs related to wheels. I tried starting a career in stock KSP, but then I immediately lost any interest after seeing Kerbin from orbit. It's so ridiculously small that it's more of a potato than a planet. I think I'm gonna hibernate myself until my hero NathanKell will save me from despair.

17 hours ago, Sol Invictus said:

I'm literally dying of thirst for RSS right now. I would go back to 1.1.3 if not for game breaking bugs related to wheels. I tried starting a career in stock KSP, but then I immediately lost any interest after seeing Kerbin from orbit. It's so ridiculously small that it's more of a potato than a planet. I think I'm gonna hibernate myself until my hero NathanKell will save me from despair.

I feel ya!!

If you really want to play RSS with KSP 1.2 and can't wait for the official update you can compile RSS yourself while using the DLLs from KSP 1.2. I did that and got it to work, but only for RSS, not RealFuels or other Realism mods.

Edited by delta wee

On 11/20/2016 at 4:54 AM, NathanKell said:

Hey all, back at home after my trip. Gonna try to get cracking. :)

@NathanKell Excellent! Glad you're back and hopefully refreshed.

One must assume that you took your trip within the actual "real solar system"... Badum Tish!

Edited by Wallygator

Decided to re-install RSS113 and play around while waiting for RSS121.

A question about physics.. has it changed in the last 6 months (I haven't updated for a while) as I can now put a rocket into orbit with a 13.5 ratio, whereas previously I battled to get 15 ?

This is on a straight 90 degree (East) launch from KSC.. :)

Payload (43 tons)

PhBx5LR.jpg

The Rocket.. (580 tons)

7rbUWxw.jpg

Edited by ColKlonk2

MaxL_1023: Ja, Same ascent path to approx 130Km at stage1, approx 190 at stage2.. a final orbit burn on MMH/NTO. G_forces never go above 4.5

nanomage: Hydrogen for both stages, twr is 1.40'sh for both stages,  dV is 9480

I just thought it a little was too easy.. maybe i  should check my previous rockets :)

Edited by ColKlonk2