[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Midanthrope, SpacedInvader: yeah, when I first released 6.2 I had the SSBump line commented out for Kerbin, since EVE Overhaul replaces the scaled space shaders and doesn't support normal maps, so there was no point loading a giant texture that wouldn't be used. However, I then realized that not everyone uses EVE Overhaul (many still use EVE 7.3, or not at all), and EVE will hopefully soon again support normal maps, and therefore put the line back in.

CNAyaka: For some reason.

(Give me no information and I can give you no helps. Please at least describe the problem!)

thutmose: as I mentioned on IRC, NovaSilisko also ran into this problem with Alternis, and it never really got solved IIRC. It has to do with Kerbin not being in the sun's SOI. And no, it's not because vessels are loaded first; RSS runs on the main menu, before you can even click things to start loading saved games.

Try a minimal RSS config where the only thing changed is moving Kerbin to Jool's SOI. If the issue recurs, that's definitely what's causing it.

ahh ok, I had asked a slightly different question on IRC, which was related to a different bug, which I think was caused by me messing up one of the settings in the config, it actually happened when I pressed launch, I guess I will have to go and see if I can figure out what is causing this one, then maybe try to write a plugin to fix it...

hey man, do you have any idea what the ESun, Kr, and Km variables do in the wavelength parameters?

Also please don't abandon you normal map system! I've gone back from using rbrays terrain plugin to the stock rss/ksp system as his doesn't include some stuff like hazyness with distance and somehow feels kinda plastic/faker imo. I think it's simply that it doesn't work to great on rss.

Also I noticed in the rssconfig there's something about pqs colour blending commented out. Does that blend the pqs and scaled space colours? My earth from high up has quite different colours from on ground.

Edited by pingopete

hey man, do you have any idea what the ESun, Kr, and Km variables do in the wavelength parameters?

They do nothing. Or more precisely they are being recalculated by the AFG code every frame as of KSP 0.23.

they should probably get deprecated unless Squad ever reverts that code.

Oh right, ok thought so.

also..

To all RSS users. I'd like to know which RSS type you use most so I can invest my time in a visual overhaul config most wisely. Is it the default download (real earth but kerbal system planets i.e. duna, green jool etc) or the version with real earth and real planets i.e. mars, neptune, jupiter? Which would you like more to see an overhaul for? (I say 'overhaul' with a concerning level of over self confidence I know)

I'm also aware that planet factory comes with its own memory budget. And I wasn't able to get it running properly on rss6.1, haven't tried yet on 6.2

Oh right, ok thought so.

also..

To all RSS users. I'd like to know which RSS type you use most so I can invest my time in a visual overhaul config most wisely. Is it the default download (real earth but kerbal system planets i.e. duna, green jool etc) or the version with real earth and real planets i.e. mars, neptune, jupiter? Which would you like more to see an overhaul for? (I say 'overhaul' with a concerning level of over self confidence I know)

I'm also aware that planet factory comes with its own memory budget. And I wasn't able to get it running properly on rss6.1, haven't tried yet on 6.2

I would rather have the real planets then more skins for the already stock planets. I think there are a half dozen skins and retextures of the existing planets.

Ok well if I can get planet factory working properly I'll do that, seems like most people would rather have a genuine real-solar system config. Either way I can't really do much until there's an overhaul or full release that's more stable on RSS (not having a go rbray, I know it's not designed for rss!)

Nonono, I'm not saying use PF. I'm saying, when you make clouds for Duna, make them Martian clouds, because Duna will soon have Martian textures, heightmap, etc. Same for Eve/Venus.

oooh right ok I get you so it's kind of in 'mid-stage development' atm, can you tell me which ksp planets you plan to match to what irl planets, besides the obvious? i.e. is eve going to be venus and be beige? and where does saturn and neptune and uranus come?

Well guess what...it's not that big. That is your computer, or some other glitch.

Really? I was hoping that besides having the largest harddrive in the world, I also had the world's fastest connection, seeing as I downloaded it in 0.5 seconds. Bummer.

Well guess what...it's not that big. That is your computer, or some other glitch.

Then don't download, but don't complain on here when it takes a mere few minutes to download countless hours of someone else's work provided to you for your enjoyment for free.

Then don't download, but don't complain on here when it takes a mere few minutes to download countless hours of someone else's work provided to you for your enjoyment for free.

What? Calm down lol

Really? I was hoping that besides having the largest harddrive in the world, I also had the world's fastest connection, seeing as I downloaded it in 0.5 seconds. Bummer.

hahahaha I don't think you transfer data that fast even if you physically handed me the hard drives by hand! that's a weird looking glitch.

Getting a strange visual glitch with latest RSS & Real Fuels. I let it rebuild the .obj files but it didn't help. Every graphic setting is at its highest except no v-sync and no terrain scatters & I'm using the 8k textures.

http://i.imgur.com/y7Chmop.png

output_log.txt

Also, I find that the upper part of the sky becomes too dark blue, almost black. It doesn't look very realistic IMO.

Edited by MAKC

Just started on duna to find this

cDHZR4T.jpg

I don't know if you already knew about this (if it's something waiting to be finished on a new update or something).

The red layer's altitude was set to 20km.

Edited by pingopete

http://i.imgur.com/HPvaq6F.png

haxing for science

http://i.imgur.com/QOyplfU.jpg

wat

http://i.imgur.com/t0F3hGX.jpg

Florida's strange pit of doom and rockets

http://i.imgur.com/z9fI5jf.png

Gone when scaled space shows the atmosphere texture

http://i.imgur.com/eaSky5E.jpg

Inside the atmosphere, scaled space shows that an ice age has just froze the world except KSP.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? :(

So, anyone know why my KSC spawns in a giant hole, and that terrain is like Kerbin's poles anywhere but the KSC's pit? It looks fine from space, but it's really wierd. :(

Now, just stock + RSS + MM 2.15 gives me the black sky and sun glitch for the KSC view. I give up. >_<

What other mods are you running?

Is it just RSS? or are you running the ambient atmosphere mod? or anything else?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling KSP and RSS to fix this?

Which RSS are you running?