[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

This pack adds the planet neptune and it's moon Triton, as well as Titania to Uranus. This is all done by cloning planets with Kopernikus and editing them with RSS.

Installation instructions: Set up a normal RSS install, with the standard CFG and with the textures of your choice. Then Download this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlutqtmxox892so/RSSBonusPlanets4K%20V1.0.zip?dl=0. Unzip this file, and copy the gamedata folder inside the folder over your current one and agree to overwrite the files. This will replace The standard CFG and install my new textures and planets.

Licence: CC-BY-NC-SA

Attributions:

RSS by NathanKell is required for this to work (obviously)

Metaphor's Textures from his PF+normal planet CFG used by permission

Kopernikus Planetary System is used to make(but not edit) new planets to use. It is under LGPL licence. I have included the main directory under Prealpha 3.

Additional Information:

This is designed to work under 32bit KSP. It was origianlly designed for 64bit windows but that is now to unstable for most mods to use. As this is compatible with .24.2 KSP as well if you wish to use the original HD textures, PM me on the forums.

Bug reports: If you find bugs in this please give me the reproduction steps, logs, and what happened.

As .25 has no 64bit that works with RO mods, such as this one, I have scaled the textures back to 4K. For those who have linux or .24 64bit I still have the 8k textures if you want them.

Edit: it appears to broken on my computer that I didn't release it on it is broken, as well as one report I have had back. Please tell me if Eeloo, Tylo, and minmus look correct. This will help both me and the Kopernikus team. Thank you

Edited by braininator

Why i have sky is black on day ?

On the night all right - stars and milkyway. and day - black sky.

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements and CustomBiomes is install. TextureReplacer too. But without TextureReplacer sky is black too.

How settings graphics need change or fix is instaled - that sky again became is blue ?[TABLE=class: gt-baf-table]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Yeah, it's been bad enough we can't even *test* our mods on it, no way we're going to inflict that on people.

That said, I have made this offer before and it stands: if you need a version for *personal use*, and agree to both (a) not redistribute, and (B) accept that I will simply ignore all support requests [sorry, but...ain't no way I can fix those bugs], then I can give you a version for personal use.

ThorBeorn: camlost reported it on the last page, I said I'd try to fix it as soon as I could. Sorry...

NYMEZIDE: Does it occur on an install of RSS only?

Oh thanks. I remembered it being reported way earlier. No need to be sorry. You and the RO team are friggin' superheroes of the community imo. Good to know that this particular bug is being looked upon nevertheless.

Edit: But yes, reading the last few pages before making a comment etc....:)

Edited by ThorBeorn

Do you expect them to ever be able to get 64bit back to at least .24 stability? If you think they will, then do you mind sending me one? As the AlternisSolar System I was going to start putting together has 15 planets, I doubt I can get that+RO in under 32 bit. So if 64 bit is expected to work in the distant future it would be nice to have so I can use RAM to export the massive amounts of textures. If you don't think it'll ever be feasible again, then obviously please don't bother :) Thank you

Also... Can you put a link to my planet post with the other alternate configs please?

Do you expect them to ever be able to get 64bit back to at least .24 stability? If you think they will, then do you mind sending me one? As the AlternisSolar System I was going to start putting together has 15 planets, I doubt I can get that+RO in under 32 bit. So if 64 bit is expected to work in the distant future it would be nice to have so I can use RAM to export the massive amounts of textures. If you don't think it'll ever be feasible again, then obviously please don't bother :) Thank you

Also... Can you put a link to my planet post with the other alternate configs please?

braininator, what's in that download you linked? New planets? I don't see a description of what it is.

Can someone rehost the textures somewhere? I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end, or where the textures are hosted, but I can only get a few megs into downloading them before I have a "network error" with no additional information from chrome, and the download cancels. I'm not having this issue downloading from anywhere else right now, just when trying to download the textures from the links given within the op.

Is there any configs what scales the system down and uses braininator's more planets pack?

Not yet. Though in all honesty it should probably take under 5 minutes. I can do it tomorrow.

What's the sma multiplier?

And it keeps acceleration ASL the same?

Not yet. Though in all honesty it should probably take under 5 minutes. I can do it tomorrow.

What's the sma multiplier?

And it keeps acceleration ASL the same?

I would love it if you could do that c:

I would like it to be same size as 1/10th size Solar System (i.e. real solar system made Kerbal-sized) by metaphor (Alternate RSS Config)

And keep ASL acceleration stock.

Also, can you link the 8k textures for your extra planets pack?

Edited by Shurikeeen

Thanks to help from stupid_chris and Sarbian, I totally redid the RSS loader to use coroutines. This means:

1. No more "freezing" on the "Loading..." screen.

2. A GUI that shows progress loading RSS, on the main menu

3. Since it's done over multiple frames, garbage collection has time to run, which means much lower RAM spikes during loading.

What does 3 mean? Example: Before, after loading RSS I would end up at 2.8GB total. If I added any more parts (or planet textures), despite the likelihood of *ending up* below the ~3.4GB cutoff, RSS loading would spike usage over that. Now, it only spikes up by about a hundred MB (more or less unavoidable, due to loading uncompressed 8192x4096 images) so you should be able to have about 500MB more parts or planet textures. :)