[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Ralathon: where are you seeing duplicate texture loads?

Regarding Mars and Venus: Duna and Eve already have PQSMod_VertexColorMapBlend so there's no reason to add it, it should be changed. Besides, RSSTextures.cfg is an MM patch, it modifies RealSolarSystem.cfg's REALSOLARSYSTEM node. I will verify in MM cache it's working properly. I guess it's possible they changed the stock PQSMods in .90...

I will look into the Jumbo 3.2 issue, you probably have a typo in the config.

Check back in an hour, I need to update the .ckan file so you can install it with CKAN.

Which of course assumed you were on 0.90, which doesn't have RemoteTech installation via CKAN yet. Anyway, the RSS RT config .ckan is updated appropriately, you should be able to install on any version of KSP following 0.25 once the RemoteTech fellas push their update to KerbalStuff.

Which of course assumed you were on 0.90, which doesn't have RemoteTech installation via CKAN yet. Anyway, the RSS RT config .ckan is updated appropriately, you should be able to install on any version of KSP following 0.25 once the RemoteTech fellas push their update to KerbalStuff.

I don't use CKAN, is there anywhere else I can get it?

I don't use CKAN, is there anywhere else I can get it?

A) Why don't you use CKAN? It's literally the best thing to happen to KSP in the history of ever!

B)https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/RemoteTech-Config-RSS-0.0.ckan there's the CKAN package file, it has the download link in it.

C) FIIIIIIIIIIINE, here's the direct download link, plop it into your RemoteTech folder.

Seriously though, you should use CKAN, it is so much better than manual installation.

A) Why don't you use CKAN? It's literally the best thing to happen to KSP in the history of ever!

B)https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/RemoteTech-Config-RSS-0.0.ckan there's the CKAN package file, it has the download link in it.

C) FIIIIIIIIIIINE, here's the direct download link, plop it into your RemoteTech folder.

Seriously though, you should use CKAN, it is so much better than manual installation.

Thanks, I am considering using it, I always feel late to the party on these things.

Regarding Mars and Venus: Duna and Eve already have PQSMod_VertexColorMapBlend so there's no reason to add it, it should be changed. Besides, RSSTextures.cfg is an MM patch, it modifies RealSolarSystem.cfg's REALSOLARSYSTEM node. I will verify in MM cache it's working properly. I guess it's possible they changed the stock PQSMods in .90...

The workaround with adding that "@Add" in RSSTextures.cfg worked for me too. Only thing i noticed now, reduced body size for 1/10th size stretches the ground textures. Mars Northpole is like a quarter of the whole planet. (only near ground, texture from space is ok - seems like it's for all planets and moons like that i just didn't noticed before. But that's not happening with normal RSS size, only with kerbal sized). Not sure if that's another new thing with 0.90 or if it was like this before.

edit: I will play around a bit with my deformity parameters, i think the 'polar-stretching' could have something to do with wrong scaling / deformity in my cfg.

edit2: Didn't work, regardless if i set terrain scaling 1:1, 1:4 or 1:10 always the same polar-stretching.

Edited by thyriel

But I have the same issue in RSS 8.3 and KSP 0.25 so it's rather not because of the KSP 0.90

Ralathon: where are you seeing duplicate texture loads?

If you look at the log:

You can see KSP starts to load RSS textures using the stock loader from line 645 to 745. Then it tries to load them again using the RSS loader from line 7883 to the end. You can see an example at line 7995 to 8001:

Line 701 to 703. Stock loader loads mercury color texture.

[COLOR=#000000]Load(Texture): RSSTextures/MercuryColor[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000](Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)[/COLOR]

Line 7995 to 8001. The RSS loader loads the mercury color texture.

[COLOR=#000000]RSS searching for texture GameData/RSSTextures/MercuryColor.dds[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000](Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]RSS Loading local texture GameData/RSSTextures/MercuryColor.dds[/COLOR]

Ralathon: working as designed. The original textures are loaded unreadable to save RAM, then when I need a texture for a vertex color map I have to reload it as readable, create the map, then unload the new copy of the texture.

Changelog

v8.5

*Fix Venus/Mars colors not showing up right (well, work around it...) NOTE YOU NEED THE DDS TEXTURES FOR THIS TO WORK.

*Fix editor extents/camera fixing

*Fix KSCSwitcher with a workaround. Each time you start KSP, the first time you load your save, you wll need to switch to a different site and then switch back. After that, it works fine.

*Updated CustomBiomes, flipped biome textures for correct bioming.

I will look into the Jumbo 3.2 issue, you probably have a typo in the config.

I don't see how I made a typo, it's been there fine in the previous version and I didn't edit Eeloo at all. I even tried removing the Atmosphere information in case that was the problem. It wasn't.

YeeeeeHaaaaaaa,

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Purfectomondo..................

Now, when the internet goes down (NK, no doubt) and the electric grid has crashed....

I can take my physical hard copy and my slide rule and still plan all of my trips....

Seriously, many thanks...

Cheers.

With the number of searches on google and in this thread for the following question, I probably could have written it by now, but....

I want to set this:

FLIGHTSTATE
{
version = 0.25.0
UT = 252449323.802138

UT time to a specific date in real life. For example, suppose I want it to be 3-Mar-59 then I need a UT=......?

And I want this in a formula so I can enter any date into Excel and it converts for me, so I can cut and paste the Excel field into KSP.

I noticed Nathan you posted that year 5 day 176 would be 25-Jun-54, but when I subtract 1-Jan-50 from this I get 1636 days. However, if I subtract 1-Jan-49 then I get 2001 days. It seems like year 5 day 176 should be 24-Jun-55 if 1950 is day 1.

With the number of searches on google and in this thread for the following question, I probably could have written it by now, but....

I want to set this:

FLIGHTSTATE
{
version = 0.25.0
UT = 252449323.802138

UT time to a specific date in real life. For example, suppose I want it to be 3-Mar-59 then I need a UT=......?

And I want this in a formula so I can enter any date into Excel and it converts for me, so I can cut and paste the Excel field into KSP.

I noticed Nathan you posted that year 5 day 176 would be 25-Jun-54, but when I subtract 1-Jan-50 from this I get 1636 days. However, if I subtract 1-Jan-49 then I get 2001 days. It seems like year 5 day 176 should be 24-Jun-55 if 1950 is day 1.

1950 is year 1, not year 0. Therefore 1954 is year 5.

1950 is year 1, not year 0. Therefore 1954 is year 5.

I did "year 5 day 176" as 5*365+176=2001 but it's (5-1)*365+176=1636. Derp. Unfortunately that was a side note. The real question remains unanswered if anyone else wants to reply too. What real life date is 252449323.802138 and how do you go from "year 5 day 176" into a UT value for KSP?

*EDIT*

For now I will do a hacky "may not work with leap years" solution of just subtracting Jan 1, 1950 from the current date and then multiply by 86400.

Edited by Felbourn