[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

I downloaded, tested, and wow. :) There are rings, planets have the right names, and many more bodies.

However the testing was very limited. - Clean install, no other mods but RSS, and send one spacecraft into orbit. (It is weird doing that with stock parts.)

Thanks a lot.

Gustav.

PS: (edited): I saw the camera jerk. IMHO a minor glitch that shouldn't stop you releasing.

Edited by Lilienthal

Tested the pre-release and it is working great. This is the only mod on this current install.

I've downloaded the 8k textures which are also working great with no memory issues or anything and still look amazing at the same time!

I've launched a few things into orbit around Earth, but nothing further, due to the stock part's limitations.

I am really loving seeing Saturn with more moons and rings and the planets/moons being renamed in game!

This is a big step from the previous version and from what I have tested it seems to be working great! Once RO gets updated, KSP can truly be played as a realistic simulation.

Thanks for all of your hard work on these projects!

I didnt get any problem with camera (i use minimum resolution texture pack)

Mod is just amazing! I went to titan 5 minutes before. But i think it's atmosohere high is wrong. There were no air pressure until 50 km, and then there were hugee air pressure. I think atmosphere of titan should start something like 400-500km if i am not wrong.

I dont see any crash at all :o

Edit 2; Wiki says there were atmospheric drag on Cassini spacecraft at 975km

edit ; Look at this beauty <3

http://i.hizliresim.com/4gVXO0.png

Edited by oguz

Camera went crazy for me twice, once during the rocket launch, once during the airplane launch. Never repeated itself for the time of flight (which was short, to be honest). The camera glitch was so momentary that I could've easily missed it.

It was a short test, but so far so good. I added some pictures to Imgur to show how it looks like. Those are 8192 textures, and I added my mod list, as well as the RAM usage. Impressive, before I couldn't even start the game with 8192 textures!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

cant wait to download this mod,,but Chinese government didnt let us access some foreign website ,like ,dropbox .Orz

Anyway,thx a lot,谢谢ï¼Â

Yoohouuu fantastic, thank you so much and congratulations :D

Installing dis dream mod right naw.

PS: Seriously, Nathan, i dont know if you get it, but you made real some dream many of us had, flying the solar system, yes its not in real life, but yet, no occasion anywhere else have been existing.

KSP and your work, is the only way to make this possible to us.

So thanks again, and Respect for this.

You are a Universe's warrior of culture.

Sorry for my bad english, i sure would not need any word to express my gratitude and my stars in the eyes.

So again and for the last time, you are the man here.

I'll be dreaming awake, flying rockets around this real solar system, listening Interstellar Osts, or vulgarizations conferences about the universe, from the Collège de France, or the Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris.

Muhahahhahahaha.

Nathan, you made this possible for all of us.

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

PS: i loved Sci fi a loooooooooooong time b4 Interstellar, its just my last wonder ^^

NATHANNN, thank youuuuuuuuuuu, if someone making you trouble, i come and i kick his a$$, make him apologize.

If you need women, i go talk to them and they will come to you.

Ok i dont have all this powers but if i had i'd use it for ya XD

Edited by Loup

I use this mod for the 10x Kerbol. However, since 10x is like "a mod of a mod", I should wait for a final stable fault-proof version of RSS to be out, right? Or can I start messing around with it right away? Like, I was checking on 10x Kerbol and it brings its own pre-configured RSS, and I don't know if I can do that myself with RSS at the current stage (config it by myself only for the size of celestial bodies), probably not.

Has anyone tried this? Any clues how to get only 10x sizes from current RSS implementation?

Thnx.

Yoohouuu fantastic, thank you so much and congratulations :D

Installing dis dream mod right naw.

PS: Seriously, Nathan, i dont know if you get it, but you made real some dream many of us had, flying the solar system, yes its not in real life, but yet, no occasion anywhere else have been existing.

KSP and your work, is the only way to make this possible to us.

So thanks again, and Respect for this.

You are a Universe's warrior of culture.

Sorry for my bad english, i sure would not need any word to express my gratitude and my stars in the eyes.

So again and for the last time, you are the man here.

I'll be dreaming awake, flying rockets around this real solar system, listening Interstellar Osts, or vulgarizations conferences about the universe, from the Collège de France, or the Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris.

Muhahahhahahaha.

Nathan, you made this possible for all of us.

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

PS: i loved Sci fi a loooooooooooong time b4 Interstellar, its just my last wonder ^^

NATHANNN, thank youuuuuuuuuuu, if someone making you trouble, i come and i kick his a$$, make him apologize.

If you need women, i go talk to them and they will come to you.

Ok i dont have all this powers but if i had i'd use it for ya XD

did I just found another Chinese Player?

Using hyperedit, I landed on Deimos and Phobos. (8192) Great plus: I can now land on Phobos without sinking in and exploding!

However, on both moons, the craft never stays still. Even without SAS and RCS, and lander legs locked, it jumps up and down. It is like the dampening is negative.

Real bug report later.

did I just found another Chinese Player?

lol why Chinese? xD

btw i said i was going to listen some french conferences about the universe, as i always do, with now RSS :D

So to answer, i'm not Chinese but French ^^

That change nothing ^^

We are all from the same planet, even if you were an alien, we are still from the same universe ^^

Omg i just runed the game with RSS.

I see the earth, i go to the observatory station, i see all the planets, i'm so happy and so dreaming :D

Edit: anyone could link me a RSS Delta v map please? cause i tried to find one and could'nt :s

Thanks guyz.

Edit 2: nvm i found one: http://i.imgur.com/SqdzxzF.png

Edited by Loup

lol why Chinese? xD

btw i said i was going to listen some french conferences about the universe, as i always do, with now RSS :D

So to answer, i'm not Chinese but French ^^

That change nothing ^^

We are all from the same planet, even if you were an alien, we are still from the same universe ^^

Omg i just runed the game with RSS.

I see the earth, i go to the observatory station, i see all the planets, i'm so happy and so dreaming :D

well,cause I just post a thread about RSS is about to update on a Chinese forum about KSP,and I just though u might be a Chinese cause you said"Sorry for my bad english".

but thats ok , pleasure meeting u.Acturally I'm a high school student from China xd

and I fail to open my KSP with the updated RSS,I feel so sad about it

Edited by mark7

well,cause I just post a thread about RSS is about to update on a Chinese forum about KSP,and I just though u might be a Chinese cause you said"Sorry for my bad english".

but thats ok , pleasure meeting u.Acturally I'm a high school student from China xd

and I fail to open my KSP with the updated RSS,I feel so sad about it

Ok awww too bad, did you have a clean install? cause i did.

I just had some mechjeb, kerbal clock and active texture managment, even if i dont reall know if this last one is well installed xD, and i installed just as we need with this links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6s2u20uo9ro2ri6/RSSv10PRE.zip?dl=0 for the Addon

And

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSS-Textures/releases for the textures .

Both have simple gamedata files to simply copy past in it.

Mine works perfectly, have seen one lil cam bug while ascent as said but wasnt that bad, the game is now much better than stock one. ^^

About you, i wish you good luck and success in the high school ^^

May you become who or what you want to :D

PS: just need RO to be updated cause we need like almost 10k/s delta v just to be in low orbit ^^

Edited by Loup

PS: just need RO to be updated cause we need like almost 10k/s delta v just to be in low orbit ^^

I used so much times to build a rocket that send a small probe in low orbit of Earth, my rocket couldnt even fit into Hangar :D But i send probe into orbit, then few more parts and i connected them all in orbit :P

edit : how can we change planets atmosphere altitude ? for example Venus, it says Venus has 50km atmosphere (bur in reality its much much more high, right ? )

Well, the day is finally coming. Made a pre-release for a bit of stress testing. :)

KNOWN ISSUE: Yes, the camera jerks during launch (or even when you zoom out a lot, during prelaunch). We don't know why. If we did, it wouldn't. :P

It keeps happening at 1300-1400m ASL. Both with aircraft and rockets, just once, then it goes ok from what I've seen.

Nathan, Are you planing on soon releasing a RSS update for 1.0.2? this is important Because in the RO reqirments, RSS is requierd for RO to work and many other RSS configs are waiting for your update

I am personally waiting for Stock RSS and 6.4:sticktongue:

First, a giant THANK YOU to everyone! You're makin' me blush. :] (And, Loup especially :D )

But really very, very glad people find it useful and enjoyable. That you're happy makes me happy. :)

oguz: there is nonzero pressure out to...oops. There are some errors in the curves. Fixing, thanks!

Thomas P. thinks he has a lead on some explosions that seem linked to the camera. Fingers crossed that gets fixed too!

Many of the new moons don't have heightmaps (and therefore normal maps) yet. We will add them as soon as we have any. :) When we do that I'll look into Deimos's spike, the heightmap probably just needs a bit of smoothing.

Megafly: if you compare the changes from RealSolarSystem.cfg to the new RSSKopernicus.cfg you should be able to make similar changes from 10x's old cfg to a new one. However instead of nuking all the bodies first as we do you can just do @Body[Kerbin] etc.

Lilienthal: gravity is so low on Phobos and Deimos that that seems plausible to me. However, we might need a plugin to "glue" craft to the surface.

Noah_Blade: welcome to the forums! As you can see above, the pre-release was just released, you can try it if you like. :)

The official release should be in a few days tops. However, 6.4x will need some work--I think Felger might already have been working on that?

It keeps happening at 1300-1400m ASL. Both with aircraft and rockets, just once, then it goes ok from what I've seen.

I don't know why, but the altimeter also gets reset at that height when using "Landing Height Display." It resets to 0 and the rocket also thinks it is at 0 because I see the smoke scatter as though it is touching the ground.

I thought I'd give this a try to check out all the new planets and moons and found a bug. It's happened both times I've fired up the game. I went to the Tracking Station to cycle through the different planets to admire the handywork. I returned to the Space Center and then I returned to the Tracking Station to read up on the info but the camera zoomed right out and I couldn't zoom the camera back in. If I hit 'TAB' then it zooms back in. Nothing major but figured I'd bring it to your attention. Having never used Kopernicus before I've no idea what could be at fault here.

I'd just like to say thank you and well done on this pre-release. RSS looks awesome already! Keep up the good work :)

Edited by ClLaw

Well, I was planning a mission to Eeloo but... so just what is the state of the dev versions of RSS and RO? Smallscale KSP is just killing me and if the dev versions are playable enough then I will absolutely get them installed and start testing things out. Anything major I should watch out for? Tricky installation steps I need to know?

ClLaw: I'll see if I can replicate that, and thanks. :)

jrandom: yep, look here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55145-0-90-Real-Solar-System-v8-6-1-Mar-30?p=1999650&viewfull=1#post1999650

for RO you need to have the latest of its requirements (if available--Engine Ignitor, for example, isn't yet) and then grab the KSP10 branch.

jrandom: yep, look here:

Working on it now!

RSS uses some new system for generating planets, right? Kerbol Plus or something? Is that included or do I need to install it separately? Also, do we have a working EVE setup for clouds and whatnot or is that still under development?

Edit: Let's see here... is there support for Near Future Spaceship Parts? It's got some nifty command modules..

Edit 2: Good mod for more solar panels?

Edit 3: For engines (Stock + KW + Space Shuttle Engines + AIES) do you recommend Real Engines or RftS as my RealFuels config? (What I want is a wide variety of realistic engines. That's the only requirement.)

Edit 4: I'm about to fire it up for the first time and am attempting 8k textures. Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease...

Edit 5: Crud, it's locking up while loading ProceduralParts/Parts/ZOtherMods/RFSRB/proceduralSRBRealFuels

Edit 6: Anyone run into this exception before in Procedural Parts?

ArgumentException: Unable to find engine-like module
at KSPAPIExtensions.Utils.EngineWrapper..ctor (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.get_Engine () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.InitModulesFromBell () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.InitializeBells () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by jrandom