[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Hello, guys! This mod is wonderful, but I would like to play with a rescaled version of Kerbol system. Also I heard that stock engines configs are made for small planets, not for real scaled. Is there any addon to improve that?

Help! i don't have Earth's moon, I don't have any planet's moons, Mercury, venus and mars is gone. I downloaded this on this website and clicked "Download Blugin", then i downloaded textures in "the texture repository". I put all of the RSS files to the KSP gamedata and then Texture file, what's wrong?

It is way easier to install this using CKAN. That does all the installing for you. (CKAN is a mod that helps you install other mods, shouldn't be too hard to find)

I guess as the New Horizons hi-res textures start getting (slowly) beamed back we will finally not have to look at Vall(I think that was what pluto was replaced by). I think the Pluto surface pictures are of highest priority so they will be coming over the downlink first.

I guess as the New Horizons hi-res textures start getting (slowly) beamed back we will finally not have to look at Vall(I think that was what pluto was replaced by). I think the Pluto surface pictures are of highest priority so they will be coming over the downlink first.

The data is being beamed at lightspeed, but pluto is 9 light hours away from earth, which means that it takes light 9h to reach earth.

Keep that fact :)

The data is being beamed at lightspeed, but pluto is 9 light hours away from earth, which means that it takes light 9h to reach earth.Keep that fact :)
slight correction, you are out by a factor of 2, pluto is 4.5 light hours away. you are thinking of the round trip time.

The Pluto textures are custom textures made by dimonnomid, nothing in RSS has used stock KSP planet textures since, like v7 or so.

And yes, we'll certainly update our Pluto textures as soon as we can. :)

You're probably thinking of Outer Planets Mod, which has a Vall copy called Plock. RSS has an imagination of Pluto, of course that will probably be updated now we have real images.

Hi all,

I love the visuals and size of this mod. But I hated trying to get RO to work and it seems too complicated for my simple brain...

Is there any "easy install" mod that would scale the performance (not necessarily the size) of KSP Stock parts correctly in relation to RSS Distances and Gravity? I don't need fancy rocket mechanics like RO does, just something that gives stock fuel and engines enough power to deal with the RSS.

Minor but kind of strange bug I've encountered. Uranus was not properly given it's name and is still Eelloo. The texture and the physical characteristics are correct, just the name is messed up. This is using a CKAN install of RSS. Any idea what cfg file I should look to edit to fix the name? I'ts bugging me something fierce.

That's really weird since I can't imagine what would be giving it the name Eeloo--it's not even derived from Eeloo, it's templated from Jool and renamed Uranus. I don't get the issue at all.

Can you post your mod list, and upload zips of your log files (see here), your KSP/Logs folder, and your KSP/GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache file?

Ok, on a relaunch of the game Uranus is properly named again. I know that's gonna make it even harder to track down, who knows. Anyway, here's what you asked for, hope it helps!

Download for the log flies and such: https://www.dropbox.com/s/79xe23qztweqhwa/Files.rar?dl=0

Mod list:

KSP: 1.0.4 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

Filter Extensions - 2.3.1

USI Tools - 0.4.1

B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40

Community Resource Pack - 0.4.2

Connected Living Space - 1.1.3.1

DMagic Orbital Science - 1.0.7

Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.4

Firespitter - 7.1.4

Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.15

Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.3

Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.18

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.4

Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.1

NavHud - 1.2.1

Near Future Electrical - 0.5.1

Procedural Parts - 1.1.7

RCS Build Aid - 0.7.2

RealChute - 1.3.2.3

RealSolarSystem - 10.1

RemoteTech - 1.6.7

SCANsat - 1.1.4

SolverEngines - 1.6

TextureReplacer - 2.4.7

TAC Life Support - 0.11.1.20

Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.4

Transfer Window Planner - 1.3.0.1

USI Survivability Pack - 0.3

Universal Storage - 1.1.0.6

VenStockRevamp - 1.8

I have quite a weird bug I used the ckan install of Rss and have realism overhaul and the textures that are something like 4026-2074 somewhere around there with a all required mods and I have 4 extra mods which are scansat, universal storage, Fasa, and ksc switcher, and what happens when I load a new or saved game the ksc is on a black island and when I try and move the ksc it just stays in the same place unless all official land mass is black and surrounded by the ocean and all of the stock map textures are in place in the tracking station all game features are functional but I have no idea what's going wrong I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling and manually installing all mods nothing works please help I need to create new horizons lol

I think that my KSP installation is behaving weird with Realism Overhaul + RSS CKAN installation

Here is KSP with RO only:

cQH6Ye8.png

elruPSy.png

with mod list:

KSP: 1.0.4 (Unix) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Linux 3.19 Ubuntu 15.04 64bit

Community Resource Pack - 0.4.3

Firespitter - 7.1.4

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Procedural Parts - 1.1.7

Saturatable RW - 1.10.1

RealChute - 1.3.2.3

RealismOverhaul - 10.1

RemoteTech - 1.6.7

SCANsat - 1.1.4

SolverEngines - 1.6

VenStockRevamp - 1.8

and with RSS:

F6MRVB6.png

2AbZpyb.png

with mod list:

KSP: 1.0.4 (Unix) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Linux 3.19 Ubuntu 15.04 64bit

Community Resource Pack - 0.4.3

Firespitter - 7.1.4

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Procedural Parts - 1.1.7

Saturatable RW - 1.10.1

RealChute - 1.3.2.3

RealSolarSystem - 10.1

RealismOverhaul - 10.1

RemoteTech - 1.6.7

SCANsat - 1.1.4

SolverEngines - 1.6

VenStockRevamp - 1.8

and here is KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Z3SPhPdVFNbnJVX2RIWTE1S1U/view?usp=sharing

with Kerbin.Body.log: http://pastebin.com/i8xtcTR1

This solar system mod is EPIC! I downloaded the zip files and textures (excluding the 8192 file) and tranfered the unzipped folders into the plugin foldero of the Game Data section, but as I load the game, the game does not load at all, instead it takes an x number of hours to load when I launch the game. Could you please tell me what kind of problem this is and how it can be fixed?

This solar system mod is EPIC! I downloaded the zip files and textures (excluding the 8192 file) and tranfered the unzipped folders into the plugin foldero of the Game Data section, but as I load the game, the game does not load at all, instead it takes an x number of hours to load when I launch the game. Could you please tell me what kind of problem this is and how it can be fixed?

Maybe its a borked installation? You don't need to put anything into the plugin folder, just drop the RSS thing into the gamedata folder.