[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

This mod, by pozine, includes an updated Pluto-Charon in addition to various other bodies.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129098

thanks Mau!!!! I knew I had seen it somewhere! Great new updates to the mod, including asteroid 67P and the main bodies from the asteroid belt!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

ahh sorry for the double post, but when is it going to be the day that the developers realize the work & effort people have done on the RSS and Realism Overhaul mods and include that as an official part of the game????

I do have on question, was that in an older version of RSS? The terrain on Earth looked different.
that's the last version of RSS, I just update PQS mod - added new terrain texture and increased number of textures on Earth, because current surface is extremely horrible for good video.

that's the last version of RSS, I just update PQS mod - added new terrain texture and increased number of textures on Earth, because current surface is extremely horrible for good video.

Okay. I will have to look into that. Your textures looked so much better. Is there a simple way I can do this? I don't have a great experience with complex procedures, but if it is in the realm of decent understanding I would love to do it.

I've been meaning to ask this for a long time I've just always forgot. Is it possible upon the start of a game to synchronize the planets to a specific date and time? For instance could I set the planets orientation as they are in real life? Or go back to 1960 and be able to simulate actual flybys like Yoyager and such using the actual planetary arrangement as they were.

Of course it'd break as soon as you time warped. But that's kind of the point. To set a staring point and go from there.

Is there a simple way I can do this?

well, you can find in RSS folder RSSKopernikus.cfg and in the end of the file you should find

// Earth

Body

{

name = Kerbin

sphericalModel = true

PQS

{

Mods

{

And change it to...

name = Kerbin

sphericalModel = true

PQS

{maxQuadLengthsPerFrame = 0.03

minLevel = 2

maxLevel = 12

minDetailDistance = 8

materialType = AtmosphericOptimized

Material

{

saturation = 1

contrast = 4

tintColor = 0.173, 0.173, 0.173, 0.482

powerNear = 0.75

powerFar = 0.75

groundTexStart = 0

groundTexEnd = 60000

steepPower = 4

steepTexStart = 10000

steepTexEnd = 100000

steepTex = BUILTIN/terrain_rock00

steepBumpMap = BUILTIN/RockyGround2

steepNearTiling = 30000

steepTiling = 1000

lowTex = BUILTIN/terrain_sand00

lowBumpMap = BUILTIN/quiet

lowNearTiling = 400000

lowMultiFactor = 30000

lowBumpNearTiling = 400000

lowBumpFarTiling = 30000

midTex = BUILTIN/terrain_grass00_new

midBumpMap = BUILTIN/cloud_normal

midNearTiling = 500000

midMultiFactor = 30000

midBumpNearTiling = 500000

midBumpFarTiling = 30000

highTex = BUILTIN/terrain_snow00

highBumpMap = BUILTIN/05_NORMAL

highNearTiling = 650000

highMultiFactor = 30000

highBumpNearTiling = 600000

highBumpFarTiling = 30000

lowStart = 0

lowEnd = 0.1

highStart = 0.5

highEnd = 1

globalDensity = 0

fogColorRamp = BUILTIN/AerialRampKerbin

}

Mods

I've been meaning to ask this for a long time I've just always forgot. Is it possible upon the start of a game to synchronize the planets to a specific date and time? For instance could I set the planets orientation as they are in real life? Or go back to 1960 and be able to simulate actual flybys like Yoyager and such using the actual planetary arrangement as they were.

Of course it'd break as soon as you time warped. But that's kind of the point. To set a staring point and go from there.

Just set the epoch accordingly. At least that's how it worked pre-Kopernicus where epoch zero corresponded to a particular date... Time warping wouldn't break it

Just set the epoch accordingly. At least that's how it worked pre-Kopernicus where epoch zero corresponded to a particular date... Time warping wouldn't break it

I dont mean break as is in it breaks it. But that timewarping would break the present alignment of planets. Either way thanks ill give that a go. Uhh... I take it that setting can be found in the configs? Been awhile since Ive had RSS.

Is this mod compadable with enacted visual enhancements and kerbian city mod?

If you want to see RSS with lots of that stuff installed then you can follow this forum link to a video that shows it all within the first few minutes:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99452-Project-Alexandria-a-history-of-spaceflight-done-in-Real-Solar-System?p=2218787&viewfull=1#post2218787

Hello!

I've found strange visual effect. When entering Mars atmosphere, at altitudes below ~95 km and above ~45 km Mars surface looks like Sun: white hot, shiny and yellowish below the horizon.

OssQ86ywlUlnKA7dX4I-iqlmUSjtA9lt2_jukyAJzng?size=1280x960&size_mode=2

Also I noticed that right before turning white, for several frames the planet looks transparent, or just is replaced with black starry background, but I could not make screenshot.

Above and below these altitudes, the surface view turns to normal.

Earth looked normal during the accent.

Before you ask, I have no visual enhancements installed (I tried Scatterer, but that build was unusable on Linux, so I removed it).

Log and full-size screenshots are available on request.

Edited by pargentum
big image

well, you can find in RSS folder RSSKopernikus.cfg and in the end of the file you should find

// Earth

Body

{

name = Kerbin

sphericalModel = true

PQS

{

Mods

{

And change it to...

name = Kerbin

sphericalModel = true

PQS

{maxQuadLengthsPerFrame = 0.03

minLevel = 2

maxLevel = 12

minDetailDistance = 8

materialType = AtmosphericOptimized

Material

{

saturation = 1

contrast = 4

tintColor = 0.173, 0.173, 0.173, 0.482

powerNear = 0.75

powerFar = 0.75

groundTexStart = 0

groundTexEnd = 60000

steepPower = 4

steepTexStart = 10000

steepTexEnd = 100000

steepTex = BUILTIN/terrain_rock00

steepBumpMap = BUILTIN/RockyGround2

steepNearTiling = 30000

steepTiling = 1000

lowTex = BUILTIN/terrain_sand00

lowBumpMap = BUILTIN/quiet

lowNearTiling = 400000

lowMultiFactor = 30000

lowBumpNearTiling = 400000

lowBumpFarTiling = 30000

midTex = BUILTIN/terrain_grass00_new

midBumpMap = BUILTIN/cloud_normal

midNearTiling = 500000

midMultiFactor = 30000

midBumpNearTiling = 500000

midBumpFarTiling = 30000

highTex = BUILTIN/terrain_snow00

highBumpMap = BUILTIN/05_NORMAL

highNearTiling = 650000

highMultiFactor = 30000

highBumpNearTiling = 600000

highBumpFarTiling = 30000

lowStart = 0

lowEnd = 0.1

highStart = 0.5

highEnd = 1

globalDensity = 0

fogColorRamp = BUILTIN/AerialRampKerbin

}

Mods

Okay. Thank you! I will look into this. RSS is stable for me now, so I'll get started.

Anyone got a list of Science results (On Earth or anywhere) ? I wanna know if it says "Nothing you didn't already know" everywhere on Earths surface or just certain places like shores and grasslands, it would be pretty awesome if there was proper science at Antarctica.

Hi there all who use RSS,

Just completed tweaking the Grand Orbital Space Station Challenge to be balanced for this mod. I would love to hear feedback on the modifiers and would also like to see some more RSS entries, took a long time but just had our first one!

Glaran K'erman