[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

On another note, I need to recommend something to NathanKell. Can there be an overlay that shows each planet's equator, moon inclination(s) and satellite orbit inclinations in a way that the difference between them and your ship's orbital inclination will be visible in-flight? Perhaps that is achievable by showing the equator/orbits on Earth itself? That is irrelevant in stock KSP, but, in RSS, a degree of inclination difference can mean everything.

59 minutes ago, 073198681 said:

On another note, I need to recommend something to NathanKell. Can there be an overlay that shows each planet's equator, moon inclination(s) and satellite orbit inclinations in a way that the difference between them and your ship's orbital inclination will be visible in-flight? Perhaps that is achievable by showing the equator/orbits on Earth itself? That is irrelevant in stock KSP, but, in RSS, a degree of inclination difference can mean everything.

MechJeb or engineer redux will show you your equatorial inclination and time to an/dn in a HUD display. If you want a visual indicator, launch a beacon to geosync, or hyperedit one up.

For the moons, if you set them as a target you should get the same information.

Edited by Unit327

On 21.12.2015 at 10:52 PM, winged said:

Recreation of upcoming Orbcomm 2 mission in Real Solar System:

Hope, you will like it!

Good, I like your work on video, good to see your work again.

Sooo.. Elon did something a few weeks behind Blue Origin.. a few eons behind what was called a waste of energy, already known to NASA (not known to be the sharpest pencil in the box) who over decades of the shuttle, had worked out that it was cheaper to use dump-n-go rockets, and are moving in this direction.

Yet.. somebody had to prove, what was known, could be done... what for ??

I'm happy  I've invested my money elsewhere .... :-)

Edited by ColKlonk

On 12/22/2015 at 4:44 PM, Jimbodiah said:

Do EVE and Scatterer work in combination with RSS at the moment?

EVE does not, the dev version of RVE does, kind of. I have not yet been able to clouds and scatterer working reliably without bugs. When I carefully followed the RVE instructions I encountered the Earth->Kerbin problem and contracts and science got all screwed up.

Is there an configuration of EVE, RVE and/or scatterer that works for RSS, RO and RP-0?

On 12/22/2015 at 2:44 AM, Jimbodiah said:

Do EVE and Scatterer work in combination with RSS at the moment?

EVE certainly works but for Scatterer there were some issues with the scaling (scatter "sphere" not scaling with the planet radius). Best of all, even works with RP-0!

Sample screenshots:

Spoiler

<IMAGE REMOVED BY USER>

<IMAGE REMOVED BY USER>

<IMAGE REMOVED BY USER>

@ZaPPPathe problem with RVE and RP-0 is that RVE was built with the EVE version 7.4 and has not been updated for 1.0.5. The Earth/Kerbin name is not a problem anymore.

Edited by Phineas Freak
Remove image links

15 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

EVE certainly works but for Scatterer there were some issues with the scaling (scatter "sphere" not scaling with the planet radius). Best of all, even works with RP-0!

Sample screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

RSS_themis_04.png

RSS_themis_07.png

RSS_themis_09.png

@ZaPPPathe problem with RVE and RP-0 is that RVE was built with the EVE version 7.4 and has not been updated for 1.0.5. The Earth/Kerbin name is not a problem anymore.

Can you walk me through the install process for EVE and RSS? I installed the latest version and KSP runs, but no clouds show up on Earth.

Currently, RVE will not work "as - is". You will need to create your own configs for pretty much everything. If you don't have a problem with that, here are the steps that i used in order to make it work:

1. Get the latest version of EVE (1.05.4) binaries.
2. Download the RVE package from Pingopete's GitHub repository. I am using the Linux branch but i would recommend to use the Windows one.
3. Install the EVE binaries and the RVE folder to the GameData folder.
4. Remove the previous clouds, city lights and terrain EVE configs from RVE and create new template configs (EVE expects them and will not initialize the interface correctly without them):

CityLights.cfg

EVE_CITY_LIGHTS
{
}

Clouds.cfg

EVE_CLOUDS
{
}

Terrain.cfg

EVE_TERRAIN
{
}

5. Start KSP, go to the Tracking Station and open the EVE interface (Alt + 0).

From now on, you are free to create clouds!

Edited by Phineas Freak

I'm getting a bug where the Visual Planet is not on the location where the game really places the planet. Hard to explain, here is a screenshot:

oH8h65w.jpg

As I scroll out, the visual planet 'moves' further away from its location.

eWkEDVs.jpg

Same for the sun:

IRNPNsS.jpg

And all other planets:

OA8EKdX.jpg

Bug happens quite often, every couple of times I open the tracking station. And is hard to ignore, because its very difficult to see launch site locations, orbits, etc. Full restart of the program fixes the issue.

I am using Realism Overhaul, Real Solar System, RP-0, and Remote Tech as addons.

ÈDIT: Restarting the game seems to no longer fix the bug ...

EDIT: seems like I messed up my screenshots, the 'double UI' in the last 3 images is just on the screenshots, thats not a bug ingame.

Edited by CitizenVeen

Got another bug. After switching to another Launch Site. The Research Building and the Tracking station has disappeared... Can't switch back to Cape Carnaval because.. no tracking station ...

I think its because the landscape is hilllike, and these buildings have disappeared beneath the surface. Not sure if I'm correct though.

65EyOwU.jpg

Edited by CitizenVeen

5 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Currently, RVE will not work "as - is". You will need to create your own configs for pretty much everything. If you don't have a problem with that, here are the steps that i used in order to make it work:

1. Get the latest version of EVE (1.05.4) binaries.
2. Download the RVE package from Pingopete's GitHub repository. I am using the Linux branch but i would recommend to use the Windows one.
3. Install the EVE binaries and the RVE folder to the GameData folder.
4. Remove the previous clouds, city lights and terrain EVE configs from RVE and create new template configs (EVE expects them and will not initialize the interface correctly without them):

<snip>

5. Start KSP, go to the Tracking Station and open the EVE interface (Alt + 0).

From now on, you are free to create clouds!

Still does not seem to work for me.

First off I think the line

'!cbNameLater = DEL '

in the RVE.cfg file seems to be conflicting with a number of other mods. If I comment this out, KSP starts throwing exceptions 'InvalidOperationException'

Also, I am on Linux64 and I am unable to bring up the EVE interface, no matter what button combination I try.

Forgot to mention that it is best to remove for now the RVE.cfg or use the following one:

@Kopernicus:FOR[RVE]:NEEDS[RealSolarSystem]
{
    @Body[Sun]
    {
        @ScaledVersion
        {
            %SolarLightColor
            {
                %sunLensFlareColor = 33, 33, 33, 1
                %sunAU = 1

!sunBrigthnessCurve {}

sunBrigthnessCurve
                {
                    key = 0           300000 0 0
                    key = 1530000000  150000 0 0
                    key = 80000000000 100000 0 0
                }
            }
        }
    }

@Body[Kerbin]
    {
        @Atmosphere
        {
            @AtmosphereFromGround
            {
                %waveLength = 0.65, 0.6, 0.53, 1.0
                %ESun = 0
                %Kr = 0.0007
                %Km = 0.0006
            }
        }
    }
}

9 hours ago, CitizenVeen said:

Got another bug. After switching to another Launch Site. The Research Building and the Tracking station has disappeared... Can't switch back to Cape Carnaval because.. no tracking station ...

I think its because the landscape is hilllike, and these buildings have disappeared beneath the surface. Not sure if I'm correct though.

65EyOwU.jpg

Try rotating the view. I have a similar problem fairly frequently with Satish Dhawan, but rotating the view makes them 'pop out' and become selectable.

On 27-12-2015 at 0:47 AM, Workable Goblin said:

Try rotating the view. I have a similar problem fairly frequently with Satish Dhawan, but rotating the view makes them 'pop out' and become selectable.

I did, also zooming in and out. Tried pretty much every possible angle but nothing worked? Any ideas how To switch back. I cant play anymore because the vital options (tracking station and all research) are nog availeble anymore....

hey there. I was looking forward to trying out your mod but it will not load, Ksp Hangs just after the part bar finishes and sits there saying loading with the planets moving around. i do get the MM loading 375 patches at this time. i have not other mod installed just what came with your D/L i.e RealSolarSystem, Kopernicus, MM  as well RSS-Textures pack  4096 and 2048 tried them both. i am running a Mac with 26 GB of ram.. i was not sure where to put the  texture pack so i just put it in to the Gamedata\RealSolarSystem\RSS-Textures.

i have also tried running the game with and without the Texture pack  one thing i did do and it loaded was i removed the Kopernicus folder the game did load but of course  RSS did not work. Maybe there some thing i did not do with it, or it don't like me.

Thanks 

Molly

So i did manage to get it to work but it crashed here the player log you will see theres a few Null (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)as well (Kopernicus]: Trying to store AFG, but planet null!) i hope this helps

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dutcgt0pukoxfau/Player.log?dl=0

Edited by MissMolly

One question:

Where exactly do you put the resolution pack? I am using the 2048 pack, but I don't know where to put it in the RSS folder.

Oh yeah, and for some reason it isn't working. I have the most recent update. I just think it is the res. pack. Is there something I'm doing wrong? 

Edited by nickrulercreator
forgot a part

On 12/29/2015 at 9:13 PM, CitizenVeen said:

I did, also zooming in and out. Tried pretty much every possible angle but nothing worked? Any ideas how To switch back. I cant play anymore because the vital options (tracking station and all research) are nog availeble anymore....

I have the same issue. A black rectangle appears for me on the left hand portion of the tracking station map view similar to your screenshots but I don't have the duplicated UI.  Interesting to note that the same problem doesn't exist in the map view when flying an active vessel... only from the tracking station itself. 

Edited by panterastk
more info......

On 29.12.2015 at 5:13 AM, CitizenVeen said:

You could try Malah's Quick GoTo mod to change scene to the tracking station... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/85834-1045-malahs-quick-mods/

Edited by TrooperCooper

On 29-12-2015 at 8:22 AM, NathanKell said:
10 hours ago, TrooperCooper said:

You could try Malah's Quick GoTo mod to change scene to the tracking station... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/85834-1045-malahs-quick-mods/

Anyone who is willing to fix even a single site, that would be awesome. You edit the launch sites cfg using these docs: https://github.com/NathanKell/RealSolarSystem/wiki/PQSCity-and-PQSMod_MapDecalTangent

Thanks. I worked it out. There was an error in the landscaping for US_Kodiak, in the RSS mod. Its fixed now :).

On 12/27/2015 at 1:41 PM, Phineas Freak said:

Forgot to mention that it is best to remove for now the RVE.cfg or use the following one:

I got it to work. It took quite some manual editing of the scatterer and RVE files, but I finally got a set up that works (decently)

owfE3Z8.png

fZshN3J.png

Now that I have a full setup going, I posted a career/storyline based on RSS/RO/RP-0 in the Mission Reports forum. I thought you guys might enjoy

Wernher's mission log - a RSS/RO/RP-0 adventure