[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

4 hours ago, Blacks said:

*snip*

gah! i thought i changed all the textures that were removed in 1.1, and yet more keep finding their way in! Don't worry, it shouldn't cause any issues apart from a couple lines in the logs hopefully. I'll fix it all up. :P

Anything else you notice, just poke me :wink:

Don't know how to get RVE to work but after some screwing around of my own I managed to get EVE to work. 

I went here to download the EVE file: 

I then extracted the "master" package. Within this file, I extracted the three zip files (AnyCPU files) into a seperate folder. I then went into BoulderCo. and opened the shadows file. Here I changed the names of the Body and Casters from Kerbin/Mun/Duna to Earth/Moon/Mars respectively. Then I went into the Atmosphere folder, opened the clouds file and changed the names of the bodies to Earth and Mars where applicable.

Hope this helps.

16 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

Don't know how to get RVE to work but after some screwing around of my own I managed to get EVE to work. 

I went here to download the EVE file: 

I then extracted the "master" package. Within this file, I extracted the three zip files (AnyCPU files) into a seperate folder. I then went into BoulderCo. and opened the shadows file. Here I changed the names of the Body and Casters from Kerbin/Mun/Duna to Earth/Moon/Mars respectively. Then I went into the Atmosphere folder, opened the clouds file and changed the names of the bodies to Earth and Mars where applicable.

Hope this helps.

Very nice. Was thinking about using an old EVE config, but saw some people were getting RVE to work. I'll just play with EVE for the time being! Thanks! 

Totally didn't even think to do this until you said something about editing files, but I just downloaded the Ultra Res SVE (Stock visual enhancements) and did the exact same method you did with EVE. The textures look a bit better in my opinion with SVE.

Edited by Porter_John

21 minutes ago, Porter_John said:

Totally didn't even think to do this until you said something about editing files, but I just downloaded the Ultra Res SVE (Stock visual enhancements) and did the exact same method you did with EVE. The textures look a bit better in my opinion with SVE.

Does that work even with RSS?

Just now, SpaceEnthusiast said:

Does that work even with RSS?

It does if you edit the body names like you did with EVE. Only thing that differs is that there is no BoulderCo folder with SVE. Instead its in the SVE folder. Only issue I'm running into now is that since the planets are scaled bigger, the clouds actually are not moving fast enough, so they seem to stay over the exact same location. You may have to mess around with their speed in order for it to look more natural. I'm sure by the time we get our clouds the way we want them, RVE will be updated XD

13 minutes ago, Porter_John said:

It does if you edit the body names like you did with EVE. Only thing that differs is that there is no BoulderCo folder with SVE. Instead its in the SVE folder. Only issue I'm running into now is that since the planets are scaled bigger, the clouds actually are not moving fast enough, so they seem to stay over the exact same location. You may have to mess around with their speed in order for it to look more natural. I'm sure by the time we get our clouds the way we want them, RVE will be updated XD

Yeah these clouds are way prettier. Can't seem to figure out a way to increase density. I feel like the earth is still too... "naked". And I feel like my CPU can handle more.

I'm looking at the "clouds" file in the Atmosphere folder. But I don't know which value corresponds to cloud density.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast

Just now, SpaceEnthusiast said:

Yeah these clouds are way prettier. Can't seem to figure out a way to increase density. I feel like like the earth is still too... "naked". And I feel like my CPU can handle more.

I'm looking at the "clouds" file in the Atmosphere folder. But I don't know which value corresponds to cloud density.

I think that would be just the texture itself, I mean you could manually add a duplicate layer of the pre existing layer, but that's beyond me. 

6 minutes ago, Porter_John said:

I think that would be just the texture itself, I mean you could manually add a duplicate layer of the pre existing layer, but that's beyond me. 

Seems like you're right. I've increased the main clouds speed to 200 and this seems about right, since Earth is 10x bigger than Kerbin. Thanks for suggesting RVE, looks great! 

Hey Guys,

I've looked through quite a few posts for an answer to this and cannot find one yet. My issue is I cannot get anything from this mod to work even the smallest amount.

I'm running the latest KSP 1.1.2 in 64bit. 

Clean/fresh install today

I have hundreds of hours using mods, and installing mod packages and never had an issue like this. But still most likely me being stupid. 

Issue:

Installed mod and unzipped to Game Data

Installed Texture pack (lowest) and placed that in Game Data as well. 

Results:

Nothing has changed in KSP whatsoever. Looks and acts like completely vanilla KSP

Attempted fixes so far:

Used Github AND CKAN installs with same results

Attempted to use texture replacer thinking the textures needed something to assign them somewhere that was not included in RSS

Used different versions of module manager from .18 through .26

Placed texture pack in different areas of RSS instead of the Gamedata root folder

Removed the Kopernicus folder and placed in gamedata root since I saw somewhere that those were originally two separate pieces. 

Different in game settings, from full textures and earth time to the exact opposite.

Each one of my attempts have been with a fresh install to ensure that I was not compiling issues. This is most likely due to me having a hard time reading small text as my mind flips back and forth. So reading things takes a long time haha. So if someone could verify my installation process with a retard proof step by step I would appreciate that greatly since I am at a complete loss to as what I am doing different with this mod from all the others. Thank you very much. P.S. I usually prefer manual installs.

Really need logs for this.

Also, just to be clear, your GameData folder looks like this?

Kopernicus

RealSolarSystem

RSS-Textures

Squad

ModuleManager.2.6.24.dll

ModuleManagerLicense.md

Right? The first two folders and the two files come from unzipping RealSolarSystem_v11.1.0.zip into GameData. The RSS-Textures folder comes from opening the RSS-Textures zip, opening its GameData folder, and dragging the RSS-Textures folder inside there into your GameData folder.

Okay I fixed it. It would seem when I ran the patch update through the KSP launcher, I received an error with something. So I went back to the main website and downloaded 1..2 version directly from there, instantly installed the mods and launched x64. Boom worked instantly.

Thank you very much for your reply and sorry if I wasted anyones time. Excited to finally enjoy what youve created, thank you!

52 minutes ago, Kaizen said:

When I install it, there is only the Sun and the Earth. How do I fix this?

What version of ksp youre running? Provide some logs or anything please, hard to help by guessing.

I tried the pure RSS install yesterday and it worked like charm, it looks AMAZING with 8k textures. Really great work!!

Now that we have 64bit KSP working (and most users using it), what is the next stop for RSS?

Do you plan on offering textures higher than 8k? 

Any plans for modifying the surface of the planet so we can have mountains?

I'm using Sigma and now it throws some errors :
Applying node Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/setKSCSwitcher/@KSCSWITCHER:FOR[SigDim2] to KSCSwitcher/LaunchSites/KSCSWITCHER
[ModuleManager] Error - Failed to do a maths replacement: @PQSMod_MapDecalTangent : original value="80E" operator=* mod value="0.9255"
[ModuleManager] Error - Failed to do a maths replacement: @PQSMod_MapDecalTangent : original value="0" operator=+ mod value="80E"

When i search for that 80E it's here:

name = jp_tanegashima
            displayName = JP - Tanegashima
            description = The Tanegashima Space Center (種子島宇宙センター, Tanegashima Uchū Sentā) (TNSC) is a Japanese space development facility. It is located on Tanegashima, an island located 115 km south of Kyushu. It was established in 1969 when the National Space Development Agency of Japan (NASDA) was formed, and is now run by JAXA. The activities that take place at TNSC include assembly, testing, launching and tracking of satellites, as well as rocket engine firing tests. It is Japan's largest space development center.
            PQSCity
            {
                KEYname = KSC
                latitude = 30.39096
                longitude = 130.96813
                repositionRadiusOffset = 71
                repositionToSphereSurface = false
                lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
                reorientFinalAngle = -221
            }
            PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
            {
                radius = 5500
                heightMapDeformity = 80E
                absoluteOffset = 0
                absolute = true
                latitude = 30.39096
                longitude = 130.96813
            }

I guess it's a typo????

16 hours ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

How did you install it? What does your Gamedata folder look like? 

put everything on game data folder

-Kopernicus
RealSolarSystem
RSS-Textures
Squad
ModuleManager2.6.24