[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

3 hours ago, Razorforce7 said:

Got KSP v1.2.2 obviously. I've been reading the last 10 pages to look for my answer, so sorry if it is already mentioned. I'm sure nobody expects me to read 100+ pages lol.

What visual mods are compatible with RSS? If i.e. "EVE" works in stock kerbin system does it automatically work in RSS aswell?
I also found a workaround to get the KSPRC mod to work in the stock kerbin system since it's not optimized for v1.2.2.
Would KSPRC then also work with RSS installed? Do visual mods even look nice in the real solar system? Obviously I've seen RSS videos that clearly show visual mods. I'm sure I've seen eve and scatterer. But I wonder if they work straight out of the box or not or whether I have to put in manual labor to get it to work right. Any specific direction within this thread or other threads that will help me learn what I need to know?
What visual mods have you installed on your RSS? Any pics that I might be enticed with? can be direct links or albums if you don't want to litter them in this thread.

^ for potatoes

^ for regular computers

^ for servers and/or quantum computers

hello,

I have a bit of a curious issue. I was trying get a RealismOverhaul-ish install... Downloaded all the mods.. (ALL of them!!) didn't work... The game didn't load load into the main menu. It didn't get stuck exactly. After it loaded all the modules and ModuleMangager had done it's thing it switched into the normal loading screen (black screen witch the rotating loading symboil in the bottom right)... and that's as far as it got. It didn't get stuck exactly.... the loading symbol keeps rotating and the game responds the Alt-Tab just as it should... only it never loads the main menu (at least after 20 minutes of waiting it didn't)

So I started with a new install and have traced the issue to the RSS package (I think). My GameData folder contains nothing but the Squad folder, Kopernicus, RealSolar System and ModularFlightIntegrator and it still gets stuck.And now for the "funny" bit... if I remove ModularFlightIntegrator it loads as it should... and if I remove the other two it will also load... only together they don't want to let me play... :( any ideas?

After pressing Alt+F4 KSP produces this log-File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/seokn9l9uv07xzf/KSP.log?dl=0

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

EDIT: After reading the FAQ tried again with more patience.... after 80minutes nothing had happened :(

here is the output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p330z9v2jgvq5eo/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by bertibott

On 4/18/2017 at 3:53 PM, bertibott said:

hello,

I have a bit of a curious issue. I was trying get a RealismOverhaul-ish install... Downloaded all the mods.. (ALL of them!!) didn't work... The game didn't load load into the main menu. It didn't get stuck exactly. After it loaded all the modules and ModuleMangager had done it's thing it switched into the normal loading screen (black screen witch the rotating loading symboil in the bottom right)... and that's as far as it got. It didn't get stuck exactly.... the loading symbol keeps rotating and the game responds the Alt-Tab just as it should... only it never loads the main menu (at least after 20 minutes of waiting it didn't)

So I started with a new install and have traced the issue to the RSS package (I think). My GameData folder contains nothing but the Squad folder, Kopernicus, RealSolar System and ModularFlightIntegrator and it still gets stuck.And now for the "funny" bit... if I remove ModularFlightIntegrator it loads as it should... and if I remove the other two it will also load... only together they don't want to let me play... :( any ideas?

After pressing Alt+F4 KSP produces this log-File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/seokn9l9uv07xzf/KSP.log?dl=0

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

EDIT: After reading the FAQ tried again with more patience.... after 80minutes nothing had happened :(

here is the output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p330z9v2jgvq5eo/output_log.txt?dl=0

For future reference, submit logs for sessions that have run only long enough to demonstrate the problem. There are almost 800,000 'look vector zero' messages in there and it slows me to a crawl trying to process that log. (admittedly that's partially my fault because I tried to delete them to make finding the real error easier to do and it locked up Notepad++)

I'll let you know when I find something.

@bertibott Looks like you're missing textures. You needed to download those separately. Look at the first post again, you have a choice of different resolutions to choose from.

Is there any mods that allow me to play RSS as if I was playing vanilla KSP? I know I can use SMURFF or Realism overhaul to make the rockets realistic but I am sick of building huge 1000 ton asparagus monsters just to get a single kerbal to land on the moon.

I used KIDS in the past and had a blast exploring the real solar system with kerbal sized rockets but now its not supported and I can't find any alternatives. Help.

4 hours ago, beamthegreat said:

Is there any mods that allow me to play RSS as if I was playing vanilla KSP? I know I can use SMURFF or Realism overhaul to make the rockets realistic but I am sick of building huge 1000 ton asparagus monsters just to get a single kerbal to land on the moon.

I used KIDS in the past and had a blast exploring the real solar system with kerbal sized rockets but now its not supported and I can't find any alternatives. Help.

Stock Size Real Solar System (now maintained by Galileo) might be more to your liking.

try this ... but one problem - some engines have more keys in atmospherecurve, this change only basic 2 keys

for higher / lower isp change multiplier in line(s):  @kx *= 1.5

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:FINAL
{
  @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
  {
    @atmosphereCurve
    {
      k0 = #$key,0[1, ]$
      @k0 *= 1.5
      @key,0 = #0 $k0$

k1 = #$key,1[1, ]$
      @k1 *= 1.5
      @key,1 = #1 $k1$
    }
  }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleRCS]]:FINAL
{
  @MODULE[ModuleRCS]
  {
    @atmosphereCurve
    {
      k0 = #$key,0[1, ]$
      @k0 *= 1.5
      @key,0 = #0 $k0$

k1 = #$key,1[1, ]$
      @k1 *= 1.5
      @key,1 = #1 $k1$
    }
  }
}

Edited by Osel

I have a bit of a problem, as there is the venusian atmospheric pressure is exactly the same as mars', is it a bug, since i checked the config for venus and there it stood "Key=0 10905..." Which means 10905 Pa, which is right, is it a bug or just a writing fault?

9 hours ago, hanhan658 said:

I have a bit of a problem, as there is the venusian atmospheric pressure is exactly the same as mars', is it a bug, since i checked the config for venus and there it stood "Key=0 10905..." Which means 10905 Pa, which is right, is it a bug or just a writing fault?

That's kilopascals not pascals.

20 hours ago, Osel said:

try this ... but one problem - some engines have more keys in atmospherecurve, this change only basic 2 keys

for higher / lower isp change multiplier in line(s):  @kx *= 1.5

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:FINAL
{
  @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
  {
    @atmosphereCurve
    {
      k0 = #$key,0[1, ]$
      @k0 *= 1.5
      @key,0 = #0 $k0$

k1 = #$key,1[1, ]$
      @k1 *= 1.5
      @key,1 = #1 $k1$
    }
  }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleRCS]]:FINAL
{
  @MODULE[ModuleRCS]
  {
    @atmosphereCurve
    {
      k0 = #$key,0[1, ]$
      @k0 *= 1.5
      @key,0 = #0 $k0$

k1 = #$key,1[1, ]$
      @k1 *= 1.5
      @key,1 = #1 $k1$
    }
  }
}

Thanks so much but how do I implement this? Do I put it in the game data folder?

Also, what multiplier should I use to make RSS "feel" like stock ksp.

Edited by beamthegreat

5 hours ago, Osel said:

@beamthegreat > Engine ISP x2  :wink: ... now available via ckan

and multiplier ... maybe something between 1,5 ~ 2,5 ... i tested x2 with stock Kerbal X rocket, orbit ok, but mission to moon need more fuel.

As an RSS player, I appreciate this, but I can see this wrecking havoc on atmospheric engines. I wonder if there is a way to do this where you can tell MM to either only modify engines that use oxidizer or ignore air breathing engines. 

i dont test atmosperic engines with this patch, but as i write before, first problem is - some engines have more keys in atmospherecurve ... also multimode engines this patch dont modify correctly ... and (stock) atmospheric engines have only one key in atmospherecurve

i take a look later in free time to check this engines and make more patches for more engine types (this is first/fast universal patch)

@MaxPeck you want to leave atmospheric engines untouched? or some more isp is ok? or what is bad? :)

12 minutes ago, Osel said:

i dont test atmosperic engines with this patch, but as i write before, first problem is - some engines have more keys in atmospherecurve ... also multimode engines this patch dont modify correctly ... and (stock) atmospheric engines have only one key in atmospherecurve

i take a look later in free time to check this engines and make more patches for more engine types (this is first/fast universal patch)

@MaxPeck you want to leave atmospheric engines untouched? or some more isp is ok? or what is bad? :)

It's not that it's bad, but I think atmospheric engines have more keys than rocket engines because they're more reliant on atmospheric density to provide combustion instead of an oxidizer.  Just doing a quick look at some atmospheric engine configs, it looks like they have their keys in different modules (i.e. ATMcurve or such)... I haven't tested this out yet, I was leery of installing it without knowing what it would do to air-breathing engines.

yes, "velCurve" and "atmCurve" but this stay untouched, this patch modify only basic "atmosphereCurve" and this modified value is in game recomputed using untouched values from velcuve and atmcurve, and engine work without changes - only consume less fuel ( or i think wrong ? ) ... but i think, maybe we dont need higher isp on this engines,

leave is untouched is simple

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*] :HAS[!PROPELLANT[IntakeAir]] ]:FINAL
{ ...

... }

... untested ... or may be correct

Edited by Osel
/o\ ... bad syntax

Hi guys, I'd like to run RSS at a reduced scale, Half Size (5x kerbin scale) sounds perfect, can anyone comment on how HSRSS and Galileo's SSRSS compare (aside from the obvious difference in size)? SSRSS uses Sigma Dimensions and has RSS as a requirement, whereas HSRSS appears to be stand alone with its own texture packs, is one method better than the other in terms of implementation?

Are either these compatible with RSS Constellations? EVE + RSSVE?

Cheers

@DocRockwell HSRSS re-uses the RSS configs to make the bodies be 1/2 of the normal size, while SSRSS uses the Sigma Dimensions to do something similar (but with a rescale factor of 1/10). Both methods are valid but:

• Sigma Dimensions is a more robust way to set the scale of the bodies of a solar system (no need to mess with any kind of advanced calculations).
  • Sigma Dimensions does not touch the original solar system files (meaning that bug fixes or other changes can be easily ported if needed).

On the other hand custom configs do not need that extra mod dependency (that may or may not be wanted by some users).

RSS Constellations might be compatible if Sigma Dimensions is used (may require additional config definitions to support the extra solar systems) but i can tell you with certainty that RSSVE is not compatible with anything but the original RSS (most rescales include cloud and scatterer configs anyway so that's a moot point).

10 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@DocRockwell HSRSS re-uses the RSS configs to make the bodies be 1/2 of the normal size, while SSRSS uses the Sigma Dimensions to do something similar (but with a rescale factor of 1/10). Both methods are valid but:

• Sigma Dimensions is a more robust way to set the scale of the bodies of a solar system (no need to mess with any kind of advanced calculations).
  • Sigma Dimensions does not touch the original solar system files (meaning that bug fixes or other changes can be easily ported if needed).

On the other hand custom configs do not need that extra mod dependency (that may or may not be wanted by some users).

RSS Constellations might be compatible if Sigma Dimensions is used (may require additional config definitions to support the extra solar systems) but i can tell you with certainty that RSSVE is not compatible with anything but the original RSS (most rescales include cloud and scatterer configs anyway so that's a moot point).

Thanks! I gave both a quick test. HSRSS seems to swap the moon with another celestial body (crafts in orbit, contracts, etc), minor issue if continuing a save game. Constellation planets appear to work and keep their original scale. I left RSSVE installed and the clouds and such looked really nice, not sure if it was due to RSSVE or EVE configs that ship with HSRSS.

With RSS the Constellation planets are also scaled, Kerbin (in the Trappist system) has an equitorial radius of ~480 km.

Still trying to decide which to play with.

1 hour ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Hello guys! Can you help me make Jupiter more oblate? Like EXTREMELY oblate, like http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/aliens/images/9/98/Mesklin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100605213818, yea like that.

This mod represents our own solar system and I don't remember that Jupiter looked green and that oblate.

That feature is better for an other Kopernicus mod.