[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

1 minute ago, DrLicor said:

@windystig, it's a RSSVE thing, follow these instruction to solve it.

A note for the DirectX 11 and OpenGL users: if you are affected by the "featureless sphere" problem then you will also need to enable the alternate Scatterer renderer settings. These can be enabled by:

• Opening the "RSSVE_Scatterer_PlanetFix_Config.cfg" file (located under the GameData/RSSVE path)
  • Changing the "rendererFixEnabled" option from "False" to "True"
  • Saving the changes and (re)starting KSP

Hi DrLicor

Dude, you have been saving my cheeks lately. I just started using OpenGL a few days ago but i never considered that as the issue. Thanks. Will give that a try later.

Dan

2 minutes ago, Kerbal Tween said:

Nathan Can You Make Rss Working with 1.3.1 And And Maybe All of Ro Probably won`t happen though

Use the patch I have posted above in the mean time 

Edited by Galileo

While I deeply appreciate the efforts of everyone here, it saddens me that Nathan has seemingly abandoned this considering it hasn't been updated in nearly a year. Nothing against him, I understand he got hired and has other responsibilities and no one here is owed anything. Again, I appreciate it even exists and others are willing to unofficially patch it. I'm just sad when any mod maker goes 'dark', particularly one who designed my favorite mod for one of my favorite games.

Edited by illmatic

3 minutes ago, Wingnutt said:

Start loading screen says the mod is incompatible with 1.3.1

Yes I have Galileo's patch installed.

That’s normal as the version file is not updated. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.

6 minutes ago, Wingnutt said:

it does not work/load at all. 

A window pops up saying "incompatible mods detected" and the mod is not loaded.

It works. I used it all day. Double check that you are installing correctly. You need the latest Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, and Module manager. Do not use the ones that come bundled with RSS

and make sure you have the textures.

Edited by Galileo

AH hah, thats what it is then.   and CKAN isnt helping me out at all because it shows it as AD, so I need to manually install all the dependencies.

Kopernicus was unable to install the planitary system due to an excepting..

grr ill keep messing with it.

Edited by Wingnutt

No luck, the lack of CKAN support really sucks,  the error message is not telling me which dependancy is missing, its just saying the mod is incompatible.

Real Heat is a dependency and is not listed as being compatible on CKAN, so I installed the outdated version and now its on the list of incompatible mods along with RS

I have all of the dependencies installed, despite half of them not being oficially compatible with 1.3.1

gqixW00.jpg

8OxzZSw.jpg

Edited by Wingnutt

9 hours ago, Wingnutt said:

No luck, the lack of CKAN support really sucks,  the error message is not telling me which dependancy is missing, its just saying the mod is incompatible.

Real Heat is a dependency and is not listed as being compatible on CKAN, so I installed the outdated version and now its on the list of incompatible mods along with RS

I have all of the dependencies installed, despite half of them not being oficially compatible with 1.3.1

Install manuelly, with ckan there is often trouble:

RSS
RSS Textures just one of them
RSS Fix for 1.3

+ Latest Kopernicus , MM, MFI
it works

For my 1.3.0 i used:

Clone/Download Master from RSS
New Textures for RSS
and a new .dll for RSS

+Kopernicus, MM, MFI

that works fine for me too

Edited by JohnMcLane

Hey guys, 
Just a real quick question here, in stock solar system, the game loads the high-res untill the 160km line, from there on it uses the low-res textures. This can have advantages for performance:
How high does RSS set this line? I assume it's higher since everything is scaled up much more, but haven't been able to spot the difference line.

6 hours ago, Grabek said:

Hi, I got quick question.hgg

RealSolarSystem.dll what it is for and if I want use it, where should I put it (GameData or RSS folder)?

Its should be in the RSS -> Plugins folder. Its the Plugin for the mod to work