NathanKell

[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, brooklyn666 said:

Anyone know why my Saturn looks like this? It has a moire pattern and no shadow on the rings. I'm using 1.2.2 on Mac High Sierra, using the backported version of Kopernicus for 1.2.2. It was working fine and then all of a sudden started doing this. Log here.

I'd tell you to check your anisotropic settings but KSP doesn't have that option. Have any other graphics settings changed recently, if not KSP than in your GPU main settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Starwaster said:

I'd tell you to check your anisotropic settings but KSP doesn't have that option. Have any other graphics settings changed recently, if not KSP than in your GPU main settings?

 

Nope. Playing around with the game resolution/other graphic settings don't do anything either. I changed some non-visual mods but that's it. Could it be a problem with Kopernicus, or maybe RSS itself?

Edited by brooklyn666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize if this issue has been raised before. In the map, or in the tracking station, the orbits of Pluto, Neptune, and sometimes Uranus will flicker wildly across the screen unless I am very closely zoomed into a body, or zoomed very far out, and perpendicular to the ecliptic. Does anyone know why this is happening, and, if so, how to fix it? 

Example of what I mean here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gemini4 said:

I apologize if this issue has been raised before. In the map, or in the tracking station, the orbits of Pluto, Neptune, and sometimes Uranus will flicker wildly across the screen unless I am very closely zoomed into a body, or zoomed very far out, and perpendicular to the ecliptic. Does anyone know why this is happening, and, if so, how to fix it? 

Example of what I mean here.

 

 

Its a stock bug. It's caused by having planets further out than Eeloo, and with RSS being real scale, its safe to say bodies are WAY beyond Eeloo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Galileo said:

Its a stock bug. It's caused by having planets further out than Eeloo, and with RSS being real scale, its safe to say bodies are WAY beyond Eeloo.

Hmm. I remember not having an issue with this when I was on 1.1.3. I only started noticing it after upgrading to 1.2.2 fairly recently. Was there a change to the structure of RSS, or  to the way stock KSP handled map representations during this time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gemini4 said:

Hmm. I remember not having an issue with this when I was on 1.1.3. I only started noticing it after upgrading to 1.2.2 fairly recently. Was there a change to the structure of RSS, or  to the way stock KSP handled map representations during this time?

it's been like that for as long as i can remember. perhaps you just noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top 10 KSP Map betrayals of all time, this has to be #1...

 

WHAT I WAS PROMISED...

 

v69twis.jpg

 

 

 

WHAT I GOT...

 

tct23vV.jpg

 

 

Mercury's south pole is absolutely radical! With limited ignitions, the promise of a flat, dried lava-flooded crater seemed like a great place to land my first mission. Oh, how I was wrong.

It's all in good spirit though - we made it! (Barely)

CzxDOCq.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys, I'm having issues with installing RSS with the 1.3.1 patch. I have tried multiple times with a fresh, Clean install of KSP every time. 

What I've done: 

Clean install of KSP and then installed RSS + RSS textures + 1.3.1 patch + Kopernicus latest version + ModularFlightIntegrator latest version (included from Kopernicus) + ModuleManager 2.8.1 (latest version). I did NOT include the old versions of MM and MFI from the RSS folder. 

My error: see attached image, this shows up when loading KSP. If I proceed anyway and start a new World it results in an infinite loading screen. Also attaching an image of my gamedata folder.

SEE THIS LINK FOR ATTACHED IMAGES: https://imgur.com/a/slNuB

Any help MUCH MUCH appreciated. Let me know if I need to provide further information. Merry Christmas all and with the hopes of playing RSS soon :)  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JJJacksonTyler said:

Top 10 KSP Map betrayals of all time, this has to be #1...

WHAT I WAS PROMISED...

WHAT I GOT...

Mercury's south pole is absolutely radical! With limited ignitions, the promise of a flat, dried lava-flooded crater seemed like a great place to land my first mission. Oh, how I was wrong.

It's all in good spirit though - we made it! (Barely)

 

I'm reminded of...

UCPv4XK.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pilot43869 said:

Hello guys, I'm having issues with installing RSS with the 1.3.1 patch. I have tried multiple times with a fresh, Clean install of KSP every time. 

What I've done: 

Clean install of KSP and then installed RSS + RSS textures + 1.3.1 patch + Kopernicus latest version + ModularFlightIntegrator latest version (included from Kopernicus) + ModuleManager 2.8.1 (latest version). I did NOT include the old versions of MM and MFI from the RSS folder. 

My error: see attached image, this shows up when loading KSP. If I proceed anyway and start a new World it results in an infinite loading screen. Also attaching an image of my gamedata folder.

SEE THIS LINK FOR ATTACHED IMAGES: https://imgur.com/a/slNuB

Any help MUCH MUCH appreciated. Let me know if I need to provide further information. Merry Christmas all and with the hopes of playing RSS soon :)  

 

 

If you are running a fresh KSP, you need to run the game once without mods and let KSP build its settings. Then add mods and try again 

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Galileo said:

If you are running a fresh KSP, you need to run the game once without mods and let KSP build its settings. Then add mods and try again 

It worked, thank you a thounsand times! Happy new year (soon) and happy flying! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to add another asteroid set that intercept Mars in the same way the current asteroids intercept Earth. I thought I could just add another section to the Asteroids.cfg in the RSS folder. 

I'm confused though because in the Asteroids.cfg the Earth intercept rocks have an SMA min/max that doesn't seem to match with the SMA for Earth. 

From asteroids.cfg:

Locations
        {
            Around
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Sun
                    probability = 50
                    reached = false

                    semiMajorAxis
                    {
                        minValue = 314155528451
                        maxValue = 523592547418

                    }

 

Earth's SMA doesn't fall within that min/max range though. according to Earth.cfg:    semiMajorAxis = 149598261150.4425

What would the SMA min/max be to create intercepts with Mars?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i now look at this cfg, because asteroids with flyby (or collision) trajectory with other planets is good idea (:

you post section for asteroids orbiting sun between mars and jupiter

in my opinion, this is section for asteroids orbiting sun near earth

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Earth
                    probability = 50
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

we need copy and modify this section ... but ... probability is what? chance in % to spawn this? or?

now 50/50 mean half of asteroids reach earth and half is between mars and jupiter, right?

min/max duration is time in hours? days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 ( :  maybe something like this?   : )

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:FOR[RealSolarSystem]
{
    !Asteroid,*{}

    Asteroid
    {
        name = Asteroids
        interval = 15
        probability = 66
        minUntrackedLifetime = 1
        maxUntrackedLifetime = 20
        spawnGroupMinLimit = 3
        spawnGroupMaxLimit = 8

        Locations
        {
            Around
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Sun
                    probability = 45
                    reached = false

                    semiMajorAxis
                    {
                        minValue = 314155528451
                        maxValue = 523592547418
                    }

                    eccentricity
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 0.4
                    }

                    inclination
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 35
                    }

                    longitudeOfAscendingNode
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 360
                    }

                    argumentOfPeriapsis
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 360
                    }

                    meanAnomalyAtEpoch
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 360
                    }
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Mercury
                    probability = 1
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Venus
                    probability = 3
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Earth
                    probability = 10
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Mars
                    probability = 6
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Jupiter
                    probability = 12
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Saturn
                    probability = 9
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Uranus
                    probability = 7
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Neptune
                    probability = 5
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Pluto
                    probability = 2
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }
        }

        Size
        {
            key = 0   0
            key = 0.3 0.45
            key = 0.7 0.55
            key = 1   1
        }
    }
}

 

Edited by Osel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Osel said:

i now look at this cfg, because asteroids with flyby (or collision) trajectory with other planets is good idea (:

you post section for asteroids orbiting sun between mars and jupiter

in my opinion, this is section for asteroids orbiting sun near earth

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Earth
                    probability = 50
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

we need copy and modify this section ... but ... probability is what? chance in % to spawn this? or?

now 50/50 mean half of asteroids reach earth and half is between mars and jupiter, right?

min/max duration is time in hours? days?

Ah! I misread. That makes a lot more sense. I think I'm going to try using the same probability. 

The min/max Duration component I wasn't sure about. One possibility is it's setting the duration time to transit the Earth SOI. I'm just guessing though.

Anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Osel said:

 ( :  maybe something like this?   : )

  Hide contents

@Kopernicus:FOR[RealSolarSystem]
{
    !Asteroid,*{}

    Asteroid
    {
        name = Asteroids
        interval = 15
        probability = 66
        minUntrackedLifetime = 1
        maxUntrackedLifetime = 20
        spawnGroupMinLimit = 3
        spawnGroupMaxLimit = 8

        Locations
        {
            Around
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Sun
                    probability = 45
                    reached = false

                    semiMajorAxis
                    {
                        minValue = 314155528451
                        maxValue = 523592547418
                    }

                    eccentricity
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 0.4
                    }

                    inclination
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 35
                    }

                    longitudeOfAscendingNode
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 360
                    }

                    argumentOfPeriapsis
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 360
                    }

                    meanAnomalyAtEpoch
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 360
                    }
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Mercury
                    probability = 1
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Venus
                    probability = 3
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Earth
                    probability = 10
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Mars
                    probability = 6
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Jupiter
                    probability = 12
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Saturn
                    probability = 9
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Uranus
                    probability = 7
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Neptune
                    probability = 5
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }

            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Pluto
                    probability = 2
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }
        }

        Size
        {
            key = 0   0
            key = 0.3 0.45
            key = 0.7 0.55
            key = 1   1
        }
    }
}

 

I tried that, but I wasn't seeing asteroids around all of the bodies, only Mercury. I'm not sure you can use multiple Flyby params within a single Asteroid group. I broke it up into separate asteroid groups and was able to get some success. Here's a config for just Earth and Mars - I temporarily took out the mainbelt asteroids so I could see what was happening better.

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:FOR[RealSolarSystem]
{
    !Asteroid,*{}

    Asteroid
    {
        name = EarthAsteroids
        interval = 15
        probability = 66
        minUntrackedLifetime = 1
        maxUntrackedLifetime = 24
        spawnGroupMinLimit = 1
        spawnGroupMaxLimit = 12

        Locations
        {
            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Earth
                    probability = 100
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }
        }

        Size
        {
            key = 0   0
            key = 0.3 0.45
            key = 0.7 0.55
            key = 1   1
        }
    }
    
    Asteroid
    {
        name = MarsAsteroids
        interval = 15
        probability = 66
        minUntrackedLifetime = 1
        maxUntrackedLifetime = 24
        spawnGroupMinLimit = 1
        spawnGroupMaxLimit = 12

        Locations
        {        
            Flyby
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Mars
                    probability = 100
                    minDuration = 15
                    maxDuration = 60
                    reached = false
                }
            }
        }

        Size
        {
            key = 0   0
            key = 0.3 0.45
            key = 0.7 0.55
            key = 1   1
        }
    }
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as you're talking asteroids, here's a something I wrote a few months ago about the asteroid size curve.  You might find it useful...

Spoiler

I think I understand how the asteroid size distribution curve works, but I've never been able to test it to make certain that how I think it works is how it actually works.

From what I can tell, the first number in each key (the X value) is a random number between 0 and 1 generated at the time each new asteroid is spawned.  The second number in each key (the Y value) is the asteroid size, which is again a number between 0 and 1 with 0 being the smallest asteroid size and 1 being the largest.  While I don't know for sure, I presume that the size range 0-0.2 are class A asteroids, 0.2-0.4 class B, 0.4-0.6 class C, 0.6-0.8 class D, and 0.8-1.0 class E.

So basically all that happens is a random number X is generated, and the curve gives the corresponding Y value (the size).  By using different functions of X to produce Y, we can get different asteroid size distributions.  For example, if we have

          Y = X

written,


		Size
		{
			key = 0 0 1 1
			key = 1 1 1 1
		}

then we'll get an even distribution of all sizes of asteroids.

If we have,

          Y = X^2

Then we'll have more small asteroids and fewer large ones.  For instance, if X = 0.5, then Y = 0.5^2 = 0.25.  So that means half the asteroids (random numbers 0-0.5) will have sizes 0.25 or less (middle class B or smaller).

On the other hand,

          Y = X^0.5

means we'll have more large asteroids and fewer small ones.  In this case half the asteroids (random numbers 0.5-1) will be size 0.5^0.5 = 0.70711 or larger.

If we have,

          Y = 0.6*X

then we'll generate an even distribution of class A, B and C asteroids (size 0-0.6), but no D and E asteroids.

So you just have to figure out what function of X you need to produce the desired values of Y, and then transform that into a size curve.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2. 1. 2018 at 3:21 AM, Tyko said:

LOL...I read through the notes and didn't see that it supported RSS

compatibility is solved from RSS side ... here

now i try it but instalation via ckan is bugged :/ ... i add CustomAsteroids_v1.5.0.zip manually, seems working but i see only mars-jupiter asteroid belt and kuiper belt :/

... no more time today, i try add some asteroids groups later, maybe working correctly

Edited by Osel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

/ edit - forum feature wanted: delete last own post :D

Edited by Osel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

Even with Kronometer installed and choice of 24H day in the settings, the day on earth last around 7h30mns.....What am I missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, gilflo said:

Hello

Even with Kronometer installed and choice of 24H day in the settings, the day on earth last around 7h30mns.....What am I missing?

Are you playing SSRSS? The day is only 8 hours with that mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Are you playing SSRSS? The day is only 8 hours with that mod.

yes that's it !

So how to play with solar system and real earth time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, gilflo said:

yes that's it !

So how to play with solar system and real earth time?

If you're playing SSRSS and want Earth days to be 24 hours, try the following and see if it works.  Just copy and paste to a .cfg file and place it inside your GameData folder.

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim]
{
	@Body:HAS[#name[Kerbin]]
	{
		@SigmaDimensions
		{
			@dayLengthMultiplier = 1
		}
	}
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.