[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Hi folks! Haven't used KSP or RSS for a while now, but got a hankering...

Has the tilted elliptical thing been changed/fixed yet? Is it at all possible that it might?

Edited by Jabbman
tyyypooo

Since there are no comets in RSS, I was wondering if I can make my own comet. I wanted to place an asteroid in a correct orbit (also change its mass do it would match 67P) Is there a possiblity of doing it?

Btw. Are there any plans to ad comets to RSS?

Thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Ger_space said:

I build the latest Kerbal Konstricts for KSP 1.2.2,  RSS users can now edit terrain on all versions.

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/KSP1.2.2-1.3.0.1

what about 1.3.1? (RSS updated to 1.3.1) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A7gQkIiQKi0VtRecE6p86KCKuoawZPdzk7NlaxssRJ4/edit#gid=0

Is anyone else having issues with installing this for 1.3? I tried installing it with the latest Kopernicus and Module Manager, and the game boots up properly, but crashes when I try to actually start a game. It goes to the Windows error handling, not KSP's, so there isn't any crash report to go along with it.

4 hours ago, ASCIInerd73 said:

Is anyone else having issues with installing this for 1.3?

RSS isn't updated for 1.3.  But I believe there is a patch somewhere that makes it work.  You'll just have to go back through the thread until you find it.

20 hours ago, ASCIInerd73 said:

Is anyone else having issues with installing this for 1.3? I tried installing it with the latest Kopernicus and Module Manager, and the game boots up properly, but crashes when I try to actually start a game. It goes to the Windows error handling, not KSP's, so there isn't any crash report to go along with it.

If you haven't already, follow this spreadsheet (titled "The Golden Spreadsheet") when downloading and installing the mods necessary for RO & RSS. The spreadsheet does a darn fine job of holding your hand through the entire process.

On 2/21/2018 at 10:56 PM, Jabbman said:

Hi folks! Haven't used KSP or RSS for a while now, but got a hankering...

Has the tilted elliptical thing been changed/fixed yet? Is it at all possible that it might?

Do you mean the axial tilt? I think you need Principia for that.

Can I add 67P from RSS Expanded to RSS without any bugs. I've tried adding it by just putting folders of 67P into correct places in the folders of RSS Textures, RSS amd RP-0 and screwed up the whole game. I just want to only add this comet since rest isnt compatible with 1.2.2 :( 

Hi all, sorry if this has already been asked but I'm not sure what to search to see if it was. Is there a way to change all the phase angles of all the celestial bodies to be correct for a given date? i.e. if I wanted Neptune to be in the same place it was on June 12, 1463, or if I want Mars to be where it will be on November 17, 2132, the whole system would change accordingly to fit the scenario

I know it's hard enough just to get RSS to work, but has anyone had any luck getting it to work with Principia? I can get either to work as long as the other isn't there. Game crashes when trying to start a new game.

On 19/03/2018 at 6:57 PM, Felson said:

I know it's hard enough just to get RSS to work, but has anyone had any luck getting it to work with Principia? I can get either to work as long as the other isn't there. Game crashes when trying to start a new game.

I got them working together in 1.22, never had any luck running RSS in 1.3

On 3/19/2018 at 1:57 PM, Felson said:

I'm doing a play through on my YouTube channel playing on KSP 1.3.1 with RSS, principia and other mods.  There is a complete mod list in the description of the videos with the version of each mod.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFM26SxOYgO5VQ1VRZPOhaA

In a nutshell, I started with a fresh version of 1.3.1. (start it and exit before installing mods.). I installed RSS and got it working next. This involves updating kopernicus, using a RSS 1.3.1 patch, and using a specific version of mod manager iirc.  Next, I installed RSSVE.  Reading through the RSS and RSSVE forums were essential to me figurimg out what needed to be done.  Then I installed principia and all the other mods as normal.