[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

I updated my modded save to KSP 1.6.1 and every time I've loaded it up, It crashes when trying to load the part configs. I kept removing mods that it crashed while loading, but it kept crashing on a different one. I narrowed down the problem to Module Manager, and when I removed it, KSP loaded fine with no errors. I then stripped down the GameData folder to nothing but stock files and a single test config. It loaded everything fine.

Here is the crash file.

Screenshot of GameData folder here.

All mods are up to date, including Module Manager.

Nevermind, It was InFlightFlagSwitcher that was causing the crash.

Edited by Mrsupersonic8

2 hours ago, Mrsupersonic8 said:

I updated my modded save to KSP 1.6.1 and every time I've loaded it up, It crashes when trying to load the part configs. I kept removing mods that it crashed while loading, but it kept crashing on a different one. I narrowed down the problem to Module Manager, and when I removed it, KSP loaded fine with no errors. I then stripped down the GameData folder to nothing but stock files and a single test config. It loaded everything fine.

Here is the crash file.

Screenshot of GameData folder here.

All mods are up to date, including Module Manager.

Can you provide the log (just KSP.log or output_log.txt will do) from when you actually experienced the crash?  It doesn't look like ModuleManager was installed when that output_log.txt was generated

E: that output_log.txt is from KSP 1.3.1 - maybe it was just left over in an upgraded install?  Unity writes that file to %AppData%/LocalLow/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/ now

Edited by blowfish

3 hours ago, emirkustirika said:

DecouplerShroud when i install this mod modul manager  have the 1 warning 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jb5nd37Vv0voJPJ0CZRo3rMg-fm_LHai/view?usp=sharing     this is the kps.log  file i hope  usefull

Thanks.  Since you uninstalled the mod before that log was generated I wasn't able to find the error in there, but since you figured out which mod it was I installed it and saw the warning

[WRN 13:16:31.683] [ModuleManager] more than one :HAS tag detected, ignoring all but the first: DecouplerShroud/DecouplerShroud/@PART[*]:FOR[DecouplerShroud]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleDecouplerShroud]]

It looks like it's actually already been fixed: https://github.com/nav0t/DecouplerShroud/commit/dad42944fdd7b32946763f703a65b0195056fa27 but the mod author just hasn't released a new version yet.  You could ask the author to release a new version to fix this, but in the mean time I think it's safe to allow this warning to happen and just ignore it.

And sorry there will be no 1.3 build for this one. I tried but the code changes with the engine upgrade are way too large

I was wrong. See 2 post down

Edited by sarbian

57 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

Module Manager 4.0.0 seems to break the Community Tech Tree. It's been brought up in the CTT thread. I started a new career save and verified I did not have the correct tech tree. I reverted to 3.1.3 and the CTT tech tree was back.

11 minutes ago, BlackHat said:

Just noticed the same thing in my KSP1.5.1 Career game. With MM4.0 the CTT Tech tree I had been using reverted to Stock. Switched back to MM3.1.3 and CTT was back.

Thanks, I'm looking into it

4 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Does MM allow for Partupgrades to use :NEEDS[modofchoice] ? If it does then I'm doing it wrong.

If it doesn't can we please have it added to the MM patch please.

Peace.

Any node or value at any level can use :NEEDS

11 hours ago, sarbian said:

Nope. Hyperspace load the texture and models faster.

I managed to build it for 1.3

ModuleManager-4.0.0.zip

ModuleManager.4.0.0.dll

Those links are for KSP 1.3 only! See earlier post for 1.6

Might I suggest adding ‘_1.3’ and ‘_1.6’ to those filenames for their respective version?

Having them both have the same name yet different contents is a nightmare waiting to happen. 

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Any node or value at any level can use :NEEDS

PARTUPGRADE:NEEDS[Profilesimplex]:FOR[Kerbalism]
        {    name = Upgrade-Slots
             etc

When :NEEDS[Profilesimplex]:FOR[Kerbalism]  is added it produces a MM error.  The same NEEDS is used on parts with no problems.Can you point me in the right direction please?

EDIT

the ksp.log says:

pass specifier detected on insert node (not a patch): AngleCanMods/SIMPLEXLiving/SIMPLEXLiving-KerbalismProfile/PARTUPGRADE:NEEDS[Profilesimplex]:FOR[Kerbalism]

so... if I made a part upgrade wand then patched it, it would then work?

Edited by theJesuit

19 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

PARTUPGRADE:NEEDS[Profilesimplex]:FOR[Kerbalism]
        {    name = Upgrade-Slots
             etc

When :NEEDS[Profilesimplex]:FOR[Kerbalism]  is added it produces a MM error.  The same NEEDS is used on parts with no problems.Can you point me in the right direction please?

EDIT

the ksp.log says:

pass specifier detected on insert node (not a patch): AngleCanMods/SIMPLEXLiving/SIMPLEXLiving-KerbalismProfile/PARTUPGRADE:NEEDS[Profilesimplex]:FOR[Kerbalism]

so... if I made a part upgrade wand then patched it, it would then work?

It's complaining about :FOR[Kerbalism] - the :NEEDS is fine.  Non-patch nodes can't have a pass - they're all inserted at the beginning.