[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

It's only got a couple changes over 1.5.5, which has been rock-solid for a while.
I wouldn't be the first time I mess up a simple change :)

I'll wait for my return on the 26.

My experiment with a new loading method failed. I have other ideas I'll test later.

I'll be nice and hold my tongue :sticktongue:

I'm a little confused about how this incorporates with multiple mods that use it. If I have Module Manager 1.5.6 but I have several mods that bundle 1.5, can I install just the 1.5.6 dll in GameData and not worry about the multiple copies of 1.5, or does each individual mod folder need its own Module Manager dll inside it?

I'm a little confused about how this incorporates with multiple mods that use it. If I have Module Manager 1.5.6 but I have several mods that bundle 1.5, can I install just the 1.5.6 dll in GameData and not worry about the multiple copies of 1.5, or does each individual mod folder need its own Module Manager dll inside it?

You only ever want one copy of ModuleManager. I keep the latest in my GameData/ folder and when I install a mod I look to make sure it doesn't have a bundled copy with it. (Or if it does and it's newer than the one I have, I replace the GameData/ one with it.)

You only ever want one copy of ModuleManager. I keep the latest in my GameData/ folder and when I install a mod I look to make sure it doesn't have a bundled copy with it. (Or if it does and it's newer than the one I have, I replace the GameData/ one with it.)

OK, cool. That's what I thought. Thanks!

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

I'm running into problems with combined matches.

The following code seems to result in all parts receiving MechJeb, not only command-pods, and they all receive it twice:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand] , !MODULE[MechJebCore]]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Ship] , !MODULE[MechJebCore]]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

Result:

[EDIT] Problem solved. See Sarbian's post below. Image tags replaced with link, to reduce load.

http://i42.tinypic.com/15moeah.png

Edited by AlmightyR

Space : Don't use them.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]

@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[ship],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]

Oh! The examples have space in them for clarity so I was using them as well.

Gonna test it right away, BRB.

[EDIT]

Thank you almighty Sarbian! \o/ _o_ \o/ _o_

It works! It works! It's alive! *evil laughter*

[EDIT 2]

Image tags replaced with link, to reduce load.

http://i41.tinypic.com/28mfifn.png

Edited by AlmightyR

Uggg!.....

ModuleManager.dll

ModuleManager_1_5.dll

ModuleManager_1_5_5.dll

... what's what? Are they mutually exclusive? Do I just run with the ModuleManager_1_5_5.dll and ditch the rest?

No.

Just run ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll and ditch the rest :D

Don't worry, MM knows when it has outdated versions present and don't use them, but you still MUST remove at least the first ModuleManager.dll.

(MM should tell you so if you start the game by the way, no ?)

Hi all!

I've been struggling trying to make a little personal patch with module manager to remove the "reaction wheel module" from all parts with "category = pods", all I can manage so far is to change the torque values for an individual part. If it's not too much trouble, any help or sample code would be super appreciated.

Also thx for this awesome effort!!

Cheers!

Edit: oki, I think I got it to work after much trial and error :P

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]

{

!MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel]

{

}

}

...now to edit the reaction wheels and add a couple RCS parts to the start of tech tree :)

Edited by mrZonke

Hi all!

I've been struggling trying to make a little personal patch with module manager to remove the "reaction wheel module" from all parts with "category = pods", all I can manage so far is to change the torque values for an individual part. If it's not too much trouble, any help or sample code would be super appreciated.

Also thx for this awesome effort!!

Cheers!

Edit: oki, I think I got it to work after much trial and error :P

...now to edit the reaction wheels and add a couple RCS parts to the start of tech tree :)

I'm not sure if you need those "{}" for "!MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel]"...

[EDIT] Oh, nevermind, you do need them. But you can put them in the same line...It's easier and clearer to read.

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]
{
!MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel]{}
}

-----

No.

Just run ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll and ditch the rest :D

Don't worry, MM knows when it has outdated versions present and don't use them, but you still MUST remove at least the first ModuleManager.dll.

(MM should tell you so if you start the game by the way, no ?)

How do I download 1.5.6? OP seems to still be 1.5.0

Edited by AlmightyR

So, I just (awkwardly, still probably not getting all the wildcarts/positioning/etc) tried to make the B9 science modules consistent with stock, and the B9_Cockpit_MK2_Nosecone_ASAS and B9_Control_ACU parts don't seem to get applied. I'm using 1.5.6 on 0.23 with a ton of mods, and used this config, and the abbreviated parts of log follow:

(...)

[LOG 21:26:09.493] [ModuleManager] Applying node RemoteTech2/RemoteTech_Squad_Probes/@PART[probeCoreCube] to Squad/Parts/Command/probeCoreCube/part/probeCoreCube

[LOG 21:26:09.496] [ModuleManager] Applying node Sander/ScienceFixes/@PART[b9_Cockpit_MK2_Nosecone_Science] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Utility_Nosecone_Science/Nosecone_Science/B9_Cockpit_MK2_Nosecone_Science

[LOG 21:26:09.510] [ModuleManager] Applying node Sander/ScienceFixes/@PART[b9_Control_ASAS] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Utility_Nosecone_Science/Radial_Science/B9_Control_ASAS

[LOG 21:26:09.515] [ModuleManager] Applying node Sander/TacLifeSupportCompat/@PART[ASET_Lander_Cabin01] to ASET/ASET_Lander_Cabin01/Part/part/ASET_Lander_Cabin01

(...)

[LOG 21:28:05.306] Config(PART) RemoteTech2/Parts/ShortDish2/part/RTShortDish2

[LOG 21:28:05.306] Config(@PART[b9_Cockpit_MK2_Nosecone_Science]) Sander/ScienceFixes/@PART[b9_Cockpit_MK2_Nosecone_Science]

[LOG 21:28:05.307] Config(@PART[b9_Control_ASAS]) Sander/ScienceFixes/@PART[b9_Control_ASAS]

[LOG 21:28:05.307] Config(@Part[b9_Cockpit_MK2_Nosecone_ASAS]) Sander/ScienceFixes/@Part[b9_Cockpit_MK2_Nosecone_ASAS]

[LOG 21:28:05.308] Config(@Part[b9_Control_ACU]) Sander/ScienceFixes/@Part[b9_Control_ACU]

[LOG 21:28:05.308] Config(@PART[ASET_Lander_Cabin01]) Sander/TacLifeSupportCompat/@PART[ASET_Lander_Cabin01]

(...)

[LOG 21:28:09.362] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Utility_Nosecone_Science/Nosecone/B9_Cockpit_MK2_Nosecone'

[LOG 21:28:09.370] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Utility_Nosecone_Science/Nosecone_Science/B9_Cockpit_MK2_Nosecone_Science'

[WRN 21:28:09.373] PartLoader Warning: Variable model not found in Part

[LOG 21:28:09.379] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Utility_Nosecone_Science/Nosecone_Sensor/B9_Cockpit_MK2_Nosecone_ASAS'

[LOG 21:28:09.403] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Utility_Nosecone_Science/Radial_Science/B9_Control_ASAS'

[LOG 21:28:09.412] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Utility_Nosecone_Science/Radial_Sensor/B9_Control_ACU'

[LOG 21:28:09.433] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'DeadlyReentry/Parts/DRE_0625HS/0625_Heatshield'

(...)

EDIT: oh. Now I noticed I had "Part" instead of "PART" in those two. Time for the brown paperbag.

Edited by ModZero
brown paper bag edit

I'm modifying, the modules already have the science stuff, it's just still in .22 mode, which ends up with them not being rerunnable (and having different balancing details).

Oh oh.... it occurs to me that I might not have properly checked out my science stuff for 0.23 as well as I thought.... *sigh*