[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Greetings,

12 hours ago, sebi.zzr said:

Look at MODULE[ModuleCoreHeat] or RTG,it's everything explained there.

11 hours ago, maculator said:

I want a command pot to overheat for no reason as soon as its spawned, for no resaon. So it has to have a radiator attached. Thats my problem.

So you are looking to make 'PART' that creates overheat that also doesnt blowup so you can test overheating on other parts?

I am having to understand MM cgfs more and all this is more than the average KSP player probly ever gets into.

Looking at the stock RTG and ISRU there are different methodologies and in fact it almost looks as if the RTG was the original. I went back to 24.2 and it doesnt have the coreheating.

The problem you have tho is communicating your part to other parts that there is an overheat in progress; radiators will notice it as they are designed to; maybe the communication links in the radiators (stock?) will have your new part act as a radiator/POT between other parts?

This coreheat module was an addition it seems to ORE to FUEL making; I have not tried these MODS yet (stock) so I dont know how they work. If I had a process module (part) that was working too fast it would overheat and explode (?); I would want an alarm to shut it down; you would have to add the coreheat module maybe to monitor heat/coolant sensitive processes; this seems more complicated than it need be for basic resource processing; for FUELS I can see critical problem creation; maybe that is what has been added in KSP.

I am just getting back into resource processing and I use heating and cooling to control processes; there is always an amount of both or either; if any is not present the process will not function let alone explode.

But say what if coolant was gone and a process kept running? It would overheat and the only way I could see to simulate that is to add one of these coreoverheat modules, or have the process stop without input which is the norm and a lot easier to setup.

I am not totally sure if this is what you were looking for but the idea applies to what I am doing with my own resource generation (now in the new KSP I have to learn more about this and implement it as long as it is not overkill).

Commander Zeta

On 10/12/2015 at 11:26 AM, FlarpingFlipperFlapper said:

what does this mean?

name = TankPriorityModule

It's the module, that prioritizes one tank over the other, in ECLSS, it tell where to draw resources from first and in what order.

Is there a way to provide a new texture only for a currently existing model without having to copy the model itself into a new directory?

What I have here isn't doing the trick but I'm sure the syntax is off in one way or another:

@PART[PartName]
{
	@MODEL
	{
		%texture = Path_To_New_Texture
	}
}

I've made it work referencing %model instead of %texture but I don't want to redistribute someone's work, just my texture and patch file for it.

25 minutes ago, Styles2304 said:

Is there a way to provide a new texture only for a currently existing model without having to copy the model itself into a new directory?

What I have here isn't doing the trick but I'm sure the syntax is off in one way or another:

@PART[PartName]
{
	@MODEL
	{
		%texture = Path_To_New_Texture
	}
}

I've made it work referencing %model instead of %texture but I don't want to redistribute someone's work, just my texture and patch file for it.

More or less correct, %texture = oldtex, MyMod/Parts/newtex will replace the texture.  Note that oldtex.dds/.png/.mbm must exist alongside the original model.

I recently manually installed the USI Kolonization mod whereas I normally use CKAN.  I now have two ModuleManager dlls (2.6.17 and 2.6.18) in the gamedata directory and I'm figuring I don't need them both.  Can I safely just delete the older one?

I'm trying to make a simple cfg to replace all IVAs with the squad placeholder one, but I can't seem to get it to work at all. I've tried various tweaks, but it never seems to do anything. The latest version:

@PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[*]]:FINAL
{
    @INTERNAL
{
  name = Placeholder
}
}

Any help would be appreciated!

8 minutes ago, Rodger said:

I'm trying to make a simple cfg to replace all IVAs with the squad placeholder one, but I can't seem to get it to work at all. I've tried various tweaks, but it never seems to do anything. The latest version:

{
    @INTERNAL
{
  name = Placeholder
}
}

I don't know anything about parts, but since you are using @INTERNAL I guess that the variable name already exists there.

If that's the case you should use @name = Placeholder

On 1/19/2016 at 11:43 AM, blowfish said:

More or less correct, %texture = oldtex, MyMod/Parts/newtex will replace the texture.  Note that oldtex.dds/.png/.mbm must exist alongside the original model.

So I attempted to apply that to BahamutoD's MK22 Cockpit:

% MODEL
	{
		%texture = texturePJ, RavenCorp/BDMk22/mk22cockpit/texturePJ
	}

When I do this, the model no longer appears in the SPH panel and craft that already use it are un-loadable due to the missing part. Any ideas?

8 minutes ago, Styles2304 said:

So I attempted to apply that to BahamutoD's MK22 Cockpit:

% MODEL
	{
		%texture = texturePJ, RavenCorp/BDMk22/mk22cockpit/texturePJ
	}

When I do this, the model no longer appears in the SPH panel and craft that already use it are un-loadable due to the missing part. Any ideas?

The part doesn't use a MODEL node to begin with, so you have to create the whole thing.  You can only replace textures for models actually defined in that node:

@PART[bahaMk22LightningCockpit]:FOR[MyMod]
{
	!mesh = DELETE

MODEL
	{
		model = BDMk22/Parts/mk22cockpit/model
		texture = texturePJ, RavenCorp/BDMk22/mk22cockpit/texturePJ
	}
}

The fact that it no longer appears in the SPH is probably an artifact of having a malformed MODEL node with no actual model defined.

13 hours ago, Rodger said:

{
    @INTERNAL
{
  name = Placeholder
}
}

I use the same script, but it sliiightly better.

New internal will be added to any part with crew, with or without SQUAD's internal.

@PART:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0]]:FINAL 
{
%INTERNAL
 {
 %name = Placeholder
 }
}

Are you removed the Props and Spaces folders? ( You can place "Placeholder" folder anywhere in GameData, but not recommend directly in )

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly stupid question, but I've rummaged through this forum topic and the documentation, and can't find any mention of this anywhere:

How do I put a newline in a string?

That is, suppose I want to edit a string value so that it contains newlines.  I've tried "\n", but MM just treats that as a literal "\n".  I've tried doing a regex substitution, e.g.

@someString ^= :$:\n\nAnd here's another paragraph!:

...but again, it just treats it as a literal "\n".

I tried seeing what the game natively does for newline-containing strings-- for example, if I make a ship, and in the ship's "notes" section, I enter text that includes newlines, what shows up in the resulting .craft file?  And there I see that there appears to be some special character, which I'm able to copy and paste in Notepad++.  But if I try putting that in a string in MM config, it simply gets ignored.

It seems as though it must be possible, surely.  For example, if I go into the tracking station and look at the description for, say, Jool, it has two paragraphs with a newline between them.  So it must be able to store that somehow.  If I try substituting my own description with MM config using Kopernicus, I can make it say anything I want... but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get separate paragraphs.

Any tips?  Am I asking for something impossible?

Edited by Snark

A newline is represented by two diaereses (character code A8), like this: ¨¨

Edit: The file format is missing a generic escaping system. For instance, a string containing brackets ("{" and "}") cannot be represented. If you type them in a ship description they become parentheses ("(" and ")")

Edited by peteletroll

6 hours ago, peteletroll said:

A newline is represented by two diaereses (character code A8), like this: ¨¨

Edit: The file format is missing a generic escaping system. For instance, a string containing brackets ("{" and "}") cannot be represented. If you type them in a ship description they become parentheses ("(" and ")")

have you tried using these UNICODE variants?

{ }

⦃ ⦄

﹛ ﹜

maybe some of those work

Noob question, but how do I update to new version of MM? Is it safe to delete "ModuleManager.ConfigCache" "ModuleManager.ConfigSHA" and all those files in addition to the main MM .dll? Or do I just delete and replace the MM .dll itself?