[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Thank you for the reply, but it does not seem to work, both versions.

Maybe the dll extracts the values before the module manager can change them?

Had a look at their code, and it's a MonoBehaviour that starts up instantly which then loads the config in a static contructor. I can't think of a way to load anything much earlier than that, so your guess is probably right. To verify, I'd do a dump of the module manager config (in the alt-f11 menu), you'll be able to tell whether your module manager configurations are actually affecting the config or not (the config will be dumped to a file in the GameData directory).

Because TR disables its compression and mipmap function when ATM is installed. So this error shouldn't occur with ATM installed. I also assume you are not using forceopengl to run KSP as I wouldn't expect a D3D call to be made in such a case (but I could be completely wrong).

I'm using DDS textures, have ATM and TR installed, and the USI mod mentioned in sarbian's post and have not had this problem. However I'm also using forceopengl.

Unfortunately, this bug manifests with both ATM & forceopengl :( . At least in my case. But I dont have time to play now, so I cannot help with checking :(

Hey, question. I've only ever seen modulemanager search for... well, modules. How would I search for this string

minimumCrew = 1

So I could use it to add something to manned pods only?

To explain: I'm trying to add 20 KAS space per pod.

Edited by Tassyr

Has exactly 1 crew

@PART
[*]:HAS[#minimumcrew[1]]

crewed pods only would actually be: Not zero crew capacity

@PART
[*]:HAS[~minimumcrew[]] // note: might actually be "has no minimumcrew defined"
@PART
[*]:HAS[~minimumcrew[0]] // should work provided thats the correct not operator (why is there multiple :/)

Edited by Crzyrndm

so it would have to check both? (fairly sure I got the wrong operator for OR...)

@PART
[*]:HAS[~minimumcrew[]|~minimumcrew[0]]

E: This is probably what is needed (mincrew defined and not 0)

@PART
[*]:HAS[#minimumcrew
[*],~minimumcrew[0]]

E2: A table of the operators and where they can be used around anywhere? Particularly logicals (always getting confused by things like not where there are atleast two possible (~ and !) that are used slightly differently)

Edited by Crzyrndm

Hey, question. I've only ever seen modulemanager search for... well, modules. How would I search for this string

minimumCrew = 1

So I could use it to add something to manned pods only?

To explain: I'm trying to add 20 KAS space per pod.

Take a look at the configs in TAC Lifesupport. Taranis has an elegant patch which increases electric charge in every manned command pod.

Take a look at the configs in TAC Lifesupport. Taranis has an elegant patch which increases electric charge in every manned command pod.

Partially. It tends to stomp on the EC a command pod has before life support is factored in.

OK, I've done quick scans of threads, Google searches, all that.

I've got a weird issue. For a moment, when Mechjeb loads on the landing pad I can see "Landing Autopilot", but as soon as I have control of the ship, it vanishes.

I have a fully upgraded KSC, and the entire tech tree filled out. It's only recently, and I'm not sure which Mod might do that.

I even tried editing the tech tree entry in the MechJeb folder to make it so that landing assist was available earlier, but still get the same thing?

Suggestions?

OK, I've done quick scans of threads, Google searches, all that.

I've got a weird issue. For a moment, when Mechjeb loads on the landing pad I can see "Landing Autopilot", but as soon as I have control of the ship, it vanishes.

I have a fully upgraded KSC, and the entire tech tree filled out. It's only recently, and I'm not sure which Mod might do that.

I even tried editing the tech tree entry in the MechJeb folder to make it so that landing assist was available earlier, but still get the same thing?

Suggestions?

my suggestion would be to post is a Mechjeb thread about your issue.

Does anyone know why this affects all parts with ModuleEngines?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]]],!MODULE[MultiModeEngine]:NEEDS[!RealFuels]:FOR[RealKerbolSystem32]
{
@mass *= 0.3023
}

I just want to decrease the mass of liquid fueled rocket engines, not jets/rapiers.

Wrong placement of square brackets (move one before the coma to before the :NEED)

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]],!MODULE[MultiModeEngine]]:NEEDS[!RealFuels]:FOR[RealKerbolSystem32]

Thanks Sarbian I just figured it out :)

Also while you're here. I had this idea of cost balancing engines as a function of basically, weight, TWR, ISP, plus factoring in gimbaling and bi-modality. Would it be possible in MM to have cost = basevalue * a(mass) * b(ISP) * c(TWR) for instance?

Thanks Sarbian I just figured it out :)

Also while you're here. I had this idea of cost balancing engines as a function of basically, weight, TWR, ISP, plus factoring in gimbaling and bi-modality. Would it be possible in MM to have cost = basevalue * a(mass) * b(ISP) * c(TWR) for instance?

Yes, but you have to do each operation on a seperate line. eg

cost = basevalue

cost *= a

cost *= mass

cost *= etcetera

Yes, but you have to do each operation on a seperate line. eg

cost = basevalue

cost *= a

cost *= mass

cost *= etcetera

Thanks. I think I didn't make myself clear though :) I was hoping this could be done with a simple catch-all wildcard. Like this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]]:FINAL
{
@cost = 0.107
@cost * = mass (not meaning the value for mass for a given engine, but just "mass")
@cost * = constant for mass
@cost * = atmosphereCurve, key 0
@cost * = etc, you get the idea. One simple patch to fix them all
}

I guess MM can not do this atm. Don't feel like making a patch for every single engine though. Maybe it's time to learn some programming.

Thanks. I think I didn't make myself clear though :) I was hoping this could be done with a simple catch-all wildcard. Like this:

I guess MM can not do this atm. Don't feel like making a patch for every single engine though. Maybe it's time to learn some programming.

Yes, this can all be done using MM. Look back through the thread and you can find examples of how to access other variables for the calculations.

I don't understand what you mean by "not mass of a given engine, just mass"? Do you mean the mass of the current engine the patch will be applied to or is mass a config value from somewhere?

Sry for being vague. What I meant was can I just type cost = mass in the cfg, will MM then make the engine cost 6 funds if the mass of the engine is 6 tons?

Module manager has variable addressing to do that

@cost = #$mass$
@cost *= #$RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/amount$
@cost *= 1000

cost = mass * volume of liquid fuel * 1000

Details: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219-Module-Manager-2-3-5-%28Sept-14%29-Loading-Speed-Fix?p=1416253&viewfull=1#post1416253

Edited by Crzyrndm

@PART
[*]:HAS[!MODULE[moduleName]]

Would patch all parts that dont have a module

If there is the possibility of multiple patches trying to add the same module, you should use the % operator (edit or create) to ensure only one module gets added and everything else is only edits

Edited by Crzyrndm

@PART
[*]:HAS[!MODULE[moduleName]]

Would patch all parts that dont have a module

If there is the possibility of multiple patches trying to add the same module, you should use the % operator (edit or create) to ensure only one module gets added and everything else is only edits

Sounds Idea- I just have no idea how to do that.