[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

1 hour ago, AkaiAndromedus said:

Game crashes during loading, at ModuleManager FINAL:

I don't know what you mean by "ModuleManager FINAL:" but according to your log, you aren't running ksp in x64 and trying to run a bunch of mods. That's not going to work. Run KSP in x64 and see if that fixes your problem

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I don't know what you mean by "ModuleManager FINAL:" but according to your log, you aren't running ksp in x64 and trying to run a bunch of mods. That's not going to work. Run KSP in x64 and see if that fixes our problem

It still does it. At the same spot to.

Crashhhhhh...

The most unfortunate thing about this game when you start loading mods is... memory management.

The mods themselves... for the most part it's dysfunctional - only load collaborative mod suites.

If you prefer freedom (and hassles), it's up to you

a) load a mod

b) run the game

c) check game.. problems unload mod, load next mod goto a)

d) No problems.. load next mod ... goto a)

e) happy.. play game.

Edited by ColKlonk2

5 minutes ago, AkaiAndromedus said:

I really don't think you're using KSPx64. Also, the game isn't crashing due to MM. While the last thing on the bar might be Module Manager : FINAL, KSP had loaded several resources when it crashed. I'd take these problems over to http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/70-technical-support-pc-modded-installs/

4 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

I really don't think you're using KSPx64. Also, the game isn't crashing due to MM. While the last thing on the bar might be Module Manager : FINAL, KSP had loaded several resources when it crashed. I'd take these problems over to http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/70-technical-support-pc-modded-installs/

I am, Steam gives me an option to run KSP or KSP(x64) and I picked 64, same result as before.

55 minutes ago, AkaiAndromedus said:

I am, Steam gives me an option to run KSP or KSP(x64) and I picked 64, same result as before.

That does not work. Go into your directory and make a short cut of your x64 version and launch it from there. I can tell you right now, you are not running KSP_x64.exe

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

That does not work. Go into your directory and make a short cut of your x64 version and launch it from there. I can tell you right now, you are not running KSP_x64.exe

It could be possible that he runs ksp64 but goes to copy the output log from the non64 folder. But Im not sure

3 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

It could be possible that he runs ksp64 but goes to copy the output log from the non64 folder. But Im not sure

I am pretty sure the non64 folder doesn't produce a log if you are running x64. But I too, could be wrong.

i do know you have to manually put in the correct directory into steam for it to run x64. By default, even the x64 option on steam runs x32. Its dumb

Edited by Galileo

8 hours ago, Galileo said:

I am pretty sure the non64 folder doesn't produce a log if you are running x64. But I too, could be wrong.

i do know you have to manually put in the correct directory into steam for it to run x64. By default, even the x64 option on steam runs x32. Its dumb

Err, no. It runs the x64 here.

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

Not sure how you have your Steam set up but whenever I use the 64bit option for KSP I am definitely running the 64bit version...

I'm looking to change the biomeMask and situationMask on a set of experiments whose id's I know. From looking at various MM files in the community patches post, I think it would look something like this:

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[id]
{
	%biomeMask = newbiomeMask
        %situationMask = newsituationMask
}

Does this look about right?

For the id, is there way to do wildcards if I know how to isolate the experiments in question? Like 'all experiments with id=000*' ?

1 hour ago, drhay53 said:

I'm looking to change the biomeMask and situationMask on a set of experiments whose id's I know. From looking at various MM files in the community patches post, I think it would look something like this:

Does this look about right?

For the id, is there way to do wildcards if I know how to isolate the experiments in question? Like 'all experiments with id=000*' ?

Ok, it looks like I was close, but this is the format I was looking for after messing around a bit:

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[id]]:FINAL
{
    %biomeMask = 0
    %situationMask = 16
}

Edited by drhay53

35 minutes ago, Jarin said:

If I get MM errors reported on game loading, but everything otherwise loads fine, where would I go about finding details on those errors, since there's no crash log?

Go into KSP.log and search the word "error"

You'll find a list of mm errors

On 4/13/2017 at 11:49 AM, toric5 said:

is it possible to multiply an atmospherecurve by a set value?

so say i have an engine with an atmospherecurve of

key = x1 y1
key = x2 y2
key = x3 y3

and i want to get

key = x1 1.1*y1
key = x2 1.1*y2
key = x3 1.1*y3

ive tried

@atmospherecurve
{
	key *= 1 1.1
	key *= 1 1.1
	key *= 1 1.1
}

but it just invalidates the entire part file. another big issue is that i dont necessarily know the number of key = entries in the list, but i want to multiply all of them. does MM have any special handling for pointcurves?

is it possible to do this?

34 minutes ago, toric5 said:

is it possible to do this?

33 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

not as far as I know. I've never come across MM having special functionality to edit floatcurves

I think it actually is.  You'd want

@key,*[1, ] *= 1.1

Since you want to edit every key, then edit the item at index 1 (separated by spaces).  The shape of the curve would get messed up if tangents (3rd and 4th values) are specified though

Just now, blowfish said:

I think it actually is.  You'd want

@key,*[1, ] *= 1.1

Since you want to edit every key, then edit the item at index 1 (separated by spaces).  The shape of the curve would get messed up if tangents (3rd and 4th values) are specified though

i would like to edit every key, regardless of the numbers. this is for engines ISP curves, whitch usually have 3 or 4 keys.