[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

4 minutes ago, cakepie said:

There isn't a way to test KSP version, is there?
If for instance I'd like to use a new feature like ModulePartVariants for texture switching in 1.4+ but fall back on something else otherwise.

Currently there is not a way to check the KSP version.

Hello,

Is there a way to remove a key with specific value?

I know how to remove a specific key with index but it would be safer and faster to remove it by its value.

I tried something like this (but it remove all key...):

Node
{
	name = NodeName
	key = A
	key = B
	key = C
	key = D
	key = Z
}

@Node[NodeName]
{
	!key[D] = remove
}

Edited by Vandest

@Vandest

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Handbook

or site 57

maybe this helps,sorry iam a mm noob

Anyone knows if it possible to ad EC consumption to EVA lights?(without dll)

got it to give a EVA Kerbal a 10EC ressource

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[KerbalEVA]

RESOURCE
	{
		name = ElectricCharge
		amount = 10
		maxAmount = 12
	}
}

but something like this failed in any version

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[kerbalEVA]]:FINAL
{
    @MODULE[kerbalEVA]    
	{
		%name = ModuleResourceConverter
		%isAlwaysActive = true

INPUT_RESOURCE
		 {
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 0.20625
		 }
    }
}

Thanks for any help!

10 hours ago, Vandest said:

Hello,

Is there a way to remove a key with specific value?

I know how to remove a specific key with index but it would be safer and faster to remove it by its value.

I tried something like this (but it remove all key...):

It's not currently possible.  There's an issue open for it: https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/issues/75 but it won't be practical to implement until the code is cleaned up some.

Edited by blowfish

@Burning Kan Thank you to try to give me an answer but like you can imagine I've already gone to this wiki...

@blowfish Thank you for this quick reply, your answer is clear even if I expected a solution, at least I know it isn't possible now and I will stop to search in this way. I didn't thought to look in issues list, next time I will look into.

I need some assistance with an MM Patch I've writen for my mod. Obviously Its a Syntax issue, but its causing every part in the game with a command  option to have the IVA and crew capacity.  I'm not really sure why or how, as I copied the MM Patch from another and just changed the names.  

@PART [mk3Cockpit_Shuttle]:NEEDS[AvionicsSystems]
{
    @CrewCapacity = 6
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name = Retro_Shuttle_IVA
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = MASFlightComputer
        requiresPower = true
        gLimit = 4.7
        baseDisruptionChance = 0.20

PERSISTENT_VARIABLES
        {
        }
        RPM_COLOROVERRIDE
        {
            COLORDEFINITION
            {
                // 'white' label unlit color
                name = ASET_SWITCHER_NAME_ZEROCOLOR
                color =  213, 213, 213, 255
            }
        }
    }

{

MODULE
     {
         name = RasterPropMonitorComputer
     }
}
}
}

1 hour ago, G'th said:

I need some assistance with an MM Patch I've writen for my mod. Obviously Its a Syntax issue, but its causing every part in the game with a command  option to have the IVA and crew capacity.  I'm not really sure why or how, as I copied the MM Patch from another and just changed the names.  

First, put the patch in code tags so that it's easier to read.  Second, fix all the indentation.  I don't know what might be causing the specific issue you see, but I can definitely see some issues with this patch, and I think consistent indentation will make them more obvious.

@PART[mk3Cockpit_Shuttle]:NEEDS[AvionicsSystems]
{
@CrewCapacity = 6
@INTERNAL
{
}
MODULE
{
name = MASFlightComputer
requiresPower = true
gLimit = 4.7

PERSISTENT_VARIABLES
{
}
RPM_COLOROVERRIDE
{
COLORDEFINITION
{
color =  213, 213, 213, 255
}
}
}
{
MODULE
     {
     }
}
}
}

6 minutes ago, G'th said:

I think blowfish is thinking something more like

{
	@CrewCapacity = 6
	@INTERNAL
	{
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = MASFlightComputer
		requiresPower = true
		gLimit = 4.7

PERSISTENT_VARIABLES{}
		RPM_COLOROVERRIDE
		{
			COLORDEFINITION
			{
			}
		}
	}

{
		MODULE
		{
		}
	}
}

}

Now it becomes obvious that the are some syntactical issues - which was had to spot before indenting. Try this

{
	@CrewCapacity = 6
	@INTERNAL
	{
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = MASFlightComputer
		requiresPower = true
		gLimit = 4.7

PERSISTENT_VARIABLES{}
		RPM_COLOROVERRIDE
		{
			COLORDEFINITION
			{
			}
		}
	}
    MODULE
    {
    }
}

I'm not saying it works now, but the most critical issues should be gone. I just removed some brackets that was floating around in there. Hope it helps.

Is there a way to require a KSP expansion to be present? It seems like MM scans GameData only, and thus we get SquadExpansions in mods-by-dir list, but not concrete expansion names contained there. For example, I want to skip adding ILS and other navigation stuff for Dessert airfield when there's no MakingHistory.

Edited by Ser

1 hour ago, Ser said:

Is there a way to require a KSP expansion to be present? It seems like MM scans GameData only, and thus we get SquadExpansions in mods-by-dir list, but not concrete expansion names contained there. For example, I want to skip adding ILS and other navigation stuff for Dessert airfield when there's no MakingHistory.

ugh doesn't look like it.... unless MakingHistory has a dll plugin in there somewhere. You could do NEEDS check for the plugin if it has one. But I think this is going to have to be addressed in a future patch.

3 hours ago, Ser said:

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/issues/108

(not released yet)

With the latest release, I noticed that some of the nodes aren't updating when you do the in game database refresh. It seems to be refreshing from the cache instead of reloading each file individually. If I deleted the cache file, then did the ingame refresh, then the node would update. 

I was working on a patch adjusting the effects nodes for multiple parts when I noticed the issue. 

I'm using the latest MM (3.0.7), and realized that sometimes it got "stuck", freezing the game loading. This last time, I leave the machine and came back one hour later, and it was still frozen on the same point. The thing is not "halted', however: the CPU is running at 150% more or less (it's a dual core machine). Memory is not an issue, as the machine has 16GB and when KSP halted, its process had only 4.3G.

It appears to be related to an excessive number of errors on some mods (I'm using some in development stage). However, by adding some mod or deleting other (or besides any of that, I don't know), killing and firing up KSP again usually works.

KSP.log, Player.log (and the rest of Unity's logs just in case) and some screenshots as evidence here.

Edited by Lisias
The issue is totally unrelated!

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

I'm using the latest MM (3.0.7), and realized that sometimes it got "stuck", freezing the game loading. This last time, I leave the machine and came back one hour later, and it was still frozen on the same point. The thing is not "halted', however: the CPU is running at 150% more or less (it's a dual core machine). Memory is not an issue, as the machine has 16GB and when KSP halted, its process had only 4.3G.

It appears to be related to an excessive number of errors on some mods (I'm using some in development stage). However, by adding some mod or deleting other (or besides any of that, I don't know), killing and firing up KSP again usually works.

KSP.log, Player.log (and the rest of Unity's logs just in case) and some screenshots as evidence here.

From your KSP.log

[LOG 03:35:55.493] Load(Assembly): /ModuleManager.3.0.7
[LOG 03:35:55.493] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /Users/lisias/Applications/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll
[ERR 03:35:55.494] Failed to load assembly /Users/lisias/Applications/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Users/lisias/Applications/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll" is denied.
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

You may want to fix your install first. (you have 153 similar messages in your logs). Something is wrong with the permission on the files/dirs or some OSX feature I don't know about is messing things up.

Anyway I can not do support for that.

18 minutes ago, sarbian said:

From your KSP.log {complains about file access}

You may want to fix your install first. (you have 153 similar messages in your logs). Something is wrong with the permission on the files/dirs or some OSX feature I don't know about is messing things up.

THAT is weird. (and I should had seen it, sorry). All files on GameData are readable for sure (`find . -name '*.dll" -exec chmod o+r,g+r,u+r {}\;`).

I'm working on it. This probably needs to go to a F.A.Q. or something (as soon as I identify the problem).

In the mean time, it's my understanding that MM is locking, waiting for the load of an assembly that never happens? (nevermind - anyone could be locking the thread, MM could just had finished its job and moved on)

Edited by Lisias
dumbness corrected.

2 minutes ago, Lisias said:

In the mean time, it's my understanding that MM is locking, waiting for the load of an assembly that never happens?

MM does not start at all. None of the mods plugins loads. I guess KSP lock up when trying to parse some of the MM patch.