[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

13 hours ago, Bioman222 said:

Okay, I have come to realize I've probably been doing something stupid for years. Do I need to keep every different version of MM that comes with individual mods, or do I just need the latest version? I have like five different versions of MM (i.e. MM 3.1.0 - 4.0.2) in my GameData folder and basically I'm wondering if I can delete all of them aside from 4.0.2 and it be fine.

Just the latest.  The rest will disable themselves anyway.

Hello, I came across this exception in my ksp log.
I'm not sure what it means but decided you guys might want to know.

[LOG 16:15:02.018] [ModuleManager] 
#### BEGIN MODULEMANAGER LOG ####

[EXC 2019-04-22 16:13:26.295] System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleManager.ModListGenerator.GetAdditionalModsFromStaticMethods (IBasicLogger logger) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 2019-04-22 16:13:26.397] Checking Cache

Here's the log: KSP.log

Here's my mod list:

Spoiler

56577607-adca6600-65cb-11e9-9926-175b0b5

Hope this is of some use.

Edited by iGGnitE

The classes in the module cannot be loaded --> Windows 10 #@%&*! up again (as usual) and set very restrictive access rules for every file under your KSP installation directory. Also apparent on MiniAVC:

[LOG 12:25:48.226] MiniAVC -> System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_ClickThroughBlocker\MiniAVC.xml

Make sure that the KSP folder has the correct access rights.

Edited by Phineas Freak

3 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

The classes in the module cannot be loaded --> Windows 10 #@%&*! up again (as usual) and set very restrictive access rules for every file under your KSP installation directory.

How would I go about setting the correct access rights?

It just means that some other plugin you have can't be loaded.  But there is a small piece that's broken in ModuleManager - it should tell you which plugin it is but it's not.  But based on other log messages it looks like it's 000_AT_Utils\Plugins\002_MultiAnimators.dll

5 minutes ago, blowfish said:

But based on other log messages it looks like it's 000_AT_Utils\Plugins\002_MultiAnimators.dll

Thats a general plugin used by most if not all of Allista's mods.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/profile/99885-allista/&amp;do=content&amp;type=forums_topic&amp;change_section=1

https://github.com/allista/AT_Utils

Edited by Stone Blue

10 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

The classes in the module cannot be loaded --> Windows 10 #@%&*! up again (as usual) and set very restrictive access rules for every file under your KSP installation directory. Also apparent on MiniAVC:

[LOG 12:25:48.226] MiniAVC -> System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_ClickThroughBlocker\MiniAVC.xml

Sharing violation is not a access rights issue, it's a code issue: more than one thread is opening the same file for writing at the same time.

If the code really needs to be able to write to the file, then the code should use some locking mechanism to solve the dispute. If the code doesn't needs to write to the file, when it should open it on READ/ONLY mode.

Of course, revoking writing rights to the file would workaround the problem as long as the library used fallbacks to read/only automatically (weird, but not impossible). But the problem are still on the code - by opening the file in R/O, or preventing more that one thread to open the same file you would fix the problem for good.

4 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Hi awesome peeps.

I've been trying to change the icons in the techtree for stock nodes.  but @icon = new thing  doesn't seem to change much.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

Did you try starting a new save and looking at it?  IIRC the tech tree is cached in your save file, though I don't remember exactly how much of it is.

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

Did you try starting a new save and looking at it?  IIRC the tech tree is cached in your save file, though I don't remember exactly how much of it is.

Each time a new save as I've been burnt b that before.   Also deleted the MM cache. 

15 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Also deleted the MM cache. 

Also the "ModuleManager.TechTree"?^^

You may want to share some more details, like the patch you try to use, file location and format of the icons, etc.

As far as I can tell, it works perfectly fine while using a 64x64px picture in .png format and this patch:

@TechTree
{
	@RDNode,*
	{
		@icon = Icons/cake
	}
}
Spoiler

czsC34d.png

52 minutes ago, azander said:

Is there a way to see the final "configureation"  after MM finishes it's run?    I can't seem to find a way to look at a part's raw-config, even in the debug window.

Yeah, it's in GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache (assuming there are no errors during patching (but warnings are ok))

Edited by blowfish

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:22 PM, sarbian said:

The current version works fine as far as I know. And I am 9600km from my hone for a few more days, so it can wait. 

Congrats!! Didn't know you join the Kerbonaut program, pictures of your trip around kerbin will be appreciated. :D:cool:. Seriously do enjoy your trip and come back safe

13 hours ago, BrobDingnag said:

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask or if it has already been answered, but is there something preventing MM from being updated to 1.7? It's not showing up as such on CKAN and I can't find a manual version anywhere else. Thanks.

Well, if you return to the previous page, you can esaily find sarbian's reply. MM 4.0.2 works fine in KSP 1.7, and new release is on the way.:) 

On 5/1/2019 at 1:45 AM, RRHRH said:

Well, if you return to the previous page, you can esaily find sarbian's reply. MM 4.0.2 works fine in KSP 1.7, and new release is on the way.:) 

Oh great, thanks. I'll wait for that since I want CKAN to manage everything I have.

37 minutes ago, BrobDingnag said:

Oh great, thanks. I'll wait for that since I want CKAN to manage everything I have.

You can also set previous game versions to be compatible with your current version to allow CKAN to install 'old' mod versions. Go to "Settings -> Compatible KSP versions", add a checkmark to 1.6 and apply the changes :)

Working with SEP+KIS+MM

I am writing a small MM.cfg file to hide a part, and create the same part but with a change to the part name.

Surface Experiment Pack has a part with a space in its name: [AKI GolfClub].

Having issues with the MM code to make this work. How does one write a patch for a part with a space in its name? [AKI?GolfClub] ?

Here is the GhostPart.cfg MM patch file:

Spoiler

// creates duplicate part without the space in the name
+PART[AKI_GolfClub]:NEEDS[SurfaceExperimentPack]
{ @name = AKIGolfClub }

// hides original part (so doesn't break saves)
@PART[AKI_GolfClub]:NEEDS[SurfaceExperimentPack]
{
	@TechRequired = Unresearchable
	@category = none
}

// zer0Kerbal

Thank you in advance!

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Wanted to ask about a weird issue where some of my patches just wouldn't work. This forum's codebox highlighted an unprintable character in my @PART[...] stanza, between @ and P.

Problem solved. Thanks, forum!

Also thanks, sarbian. Lots of my favorite mods probably wouldn't exist if it wasn't for ModuleManager.

On 5/5/2019 at 5:03 AM, blowfish said:
On 5/4/2019 at 11:46 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

How does one write a patch for a part with a space in its name? [AKI?GolfClub] ?

Exactly that

That would not apply the patch, also, for anything matching the pattern [AKI<any_char>GolfClub]?

I got a nasty savegame corruption once due an Add'On doing something similar, and ending up patching a lot of unrelated parts.

There's really a need for using a space on the name? Why not "_" or "-" ?

11 minutes ago, Lisias said:

There's really a need for using a space on the name? Why not "_" or "-" ?

Because that's not a part that they have "ownership" of, it is in another mod that they have no control over.

The part in question is from SEP, which has been officially discontinued, so there is no chance of getting it renamed at source.

If you'd read the post, you'd see that the goal is in fact trying to use MM rename the original part (with space in name) so that the new version won't have a space in the name.

1 hour ago, cakepie said:

Because that's not a part that they have "ownership" of, it is in another mod that they have no control over.

The part in question is from SEP, which has been officially discontinued, so there is no chance of getting it renamed at source.

If you'd read the post, you'd see that the goal is in fact trying to use MM rename the original part (with space in name) so that the new version won't have a space in the name.

I had read the post, and what you explained is not there. I don't know SEP neither KIS intrinsics, but I know very well the breakage that patching partnames using wildcards can do, since my intervention.

Thanks for your attempt of correcting what appears to be a mistake, however. Gave me the chance to reforce my message. And to file a enhance request perhaps? Since spaces are being used on patches (besides being not exactly a best practice), wouldn't be better to create a meta-char to match exactly a space char on part names and prevent the risk of the wildcards as a kludge to overcome this?

Edited by Lisias
yeah. tyops.