sarbian

[1.4.0-1.7.x] Module Manager 4.0.3 (August 9th 2019) - Right To Ludicrous Speed

So I've been learning how to manipulate CFGs using MM over the last month and I think I have it down pretty good, but I'd like another set of eyes to look over my understanding of how things work. (old programmer habits die hard)

Here is a sample of a MM edit I'm working on. This one should remove the ability for K&K nuclear reactors and centrifuges to store their own fuel and byproducts. (thus forcing the player to actually use the storage tanks) If someone could verify my code before I commit it I'd appreciate it!

@PART[KKAOSS_Centrifuge|KKAOSS_Nuclear_Reactor]:NEEDS[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:FOR[RemodeledTechTree]
{
	!Resource,* {} // Remove all resources from the parts
	!MODULE:HAS[#name[ModuleKPBSNuclearStorage]] // Remove the Nuclear Storage Module from the parts
	@MODULE:HAS[#name[ModuleResourceConverter]] // Find all Resource Converter Modules
	{
		@INPUT_RESOURCE:HAS[#FlowMode[NO_FLOW]] // Find all NO_FLOW FlowModes within Input Resources within all Resource Converter Modules
		{
			@FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW // Replace all NO_FLOW Flowmodes with STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
           			 			// This allows the resources to move to and from the storage tanks
		}
		@OUTPUT_RESOURCE:HAS[#FlowMode[NO_FLOW]] // Same as above but for Output Resources
		{
			@FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		}
	}
}

Any pointers if I messed something up would be appreciated! Thanks!

8 hours ago, RobertaME said:

!Resource,* {}

RESOURCE nodes in parts are all caps, it is case sensitive

!MODULE:HAS[#name[ModuleKPBSNuclearStorage]]

This can be simplified to !MODULE[ModuleKPBSNuclearStorage], also you need brackets after it for it to be recognized as a node (as with !RESOURCE,* {})

@MODULE:HAS[#name[ModuleResourceConverter]]

As above :)

Thank you! That did the trick! Code now looks like this...

// KPBS Nuclear Reactor & Centrifuge without internal fuels (to mandate the use of storage tanks)
@PART[KKAOSS_Centrifuge|KKAOSS_Nuclear_Reactor]:NEEDS[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:FOR[RemodeledTechTree]
{
	!RESOURCE,* {}						// Remove all resources from the parts
	!MODULE[ModuleKPBSNuclearStorage] {}			// Remove the Nuclear Storage Module from the parts
	@MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]			// Find all Resource Converter Modules
	{
		@INPUT_RESOURCE:HAS[#FlowMode[NO_FLOW]]		// Find all NO_FLOW FlowModes within Input Resources within all Resource Converter Modules
		{
			@FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW		// Replace all NO_FLOW Flowmodes with STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		}						// This allows the resources to move to and from the storage tanks
		@OUTPUT_RESOURCE:HAS[#FlowMode[NO_FLOW]]	// Same as above but for Output Resources
		{
			@FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		}
	}
}

...which in-game now looks like this...

bAzgbP3.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/olve3n3

Got a Few Questions About How to edit in game sound.

Is this the correct Syntax?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
{
	@PART
			{
			@sound_decoupler_fire = Squad/Sounds/decoupleFire_1
			}
}
Edited by IronKerbal

15 hours ago, IronKerbal said:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
{
}

@PART already looks for the part and defines which part you want to edit.

If the sound is placed into another MODULE - just as an example! - like DECOUPLER, then you would have to add a @DECOUPLER, if it is just written on the same level as name, weight etc., you do not need to. So, your second @PART and its { }  should be removed.

19 hours ago, IronKerbal said:

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]]
{
}

I made a couple of edits, as KerbMav said you don't want the nested @PART nodes, also you were missing a bracket.  The [*] after @PART is fine but also isn't necessary, it basically says "has some name value" which all PART nodes do

Edited by blowfish