[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Just wanted to clarify something. In the OP you specify a share-alike license, but ialdabaoth's OP for ModuleManager contains the following:

Plugin developers and other modders have my explicit permission to redistribute this dll with their own works, so long as you give credit to me and provide a URL back to this forum post.

Reference: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/31342-0-20-ModuleManager-1-3-for-all-your-stock-modding-needs

The share-alike license seems to specify that any work which *builds upon* and redistributes ModuleManager (which would seem to apply to any mods that make use of it) must also use a share-alike license, whereas what ialdabaoth says above does not.

Is this actually the case for 1.5 where it's only intended to be redistributed with mods that also have a share-alike license? If not, would you mind including a similar statement to ialdabaoth's in the OP?

Just wanted to clarify something. In the OP you specify a share-alike license, but ialdabaoth's OP for ModuleManager contains the following:

Reference: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/31342-0-20-ModuleManager-1-3-for-all-your-stock-modding-needs

The share-alike license seems to specify that any work which *builds upon* and redistributes ModuleManager (which would seem to apply to any mods that make use of it) must also use a share-alike license, whereas what ialdabaoth says above does not.

Is this actually the case for 1.5 where it's only intended to be redistributed with mods that also have a share-alike license? If not, would you mind including a similar statement to ialdabaoth's in the OP?

He's said elsewhere that all of his work is free for others to use.

If you read the line about the licence in the first post you'll see that the "here" is a link. It point to the post where ialdabaoth gave his licence term.

The licence is only about the source. I just added "source" to my post to make it clearer.

Space in part name are evil.

Replace the space with an "?". It should work

If not replace it with an "*". I know this one work but it may match more than just 1 space

I need to add more trim() then ...

I investigated this, no amount of Trim will help with this issue.

The lines of this kind

""@PART[*]:HAS[ @RESOURCE[*] ]""

just have to be without spaces, they are truncated at the first white-space.

ModuleManager cannot do much about it as far as I can see.

If you read the line about the licence in the first post you'll see that the "here" is a link. It point to the post where ialdabaoth gave his licence term.

The licence is only about the source. I just added "source" to my post to make it clearer.

Cool, thanks for that man.

An other unofficial release : http://www.sarbian.com/sarbian/ModuleManager_1_5_2.dll

This one include code cleanup by dhx and new operators asked by NathanKell

% for a value or a node will edit if present and add if not

$ for a node will duplicate it

@NODENAME,2 {} will get you the third node of that type (0 is the first, 1 the second, ... we programmer like this joke)

And it does apply patch when reloading the database

I'll release it as official in a few days if no bug emerge.

Yeah, with all the people working on RSS and related mod I figured it was important I make it work. It was kind of depressing to see how little code was required in the end ...

Yeah I had a few ideas about it that I wanted to bring up with you but couldn't tear myself from all the tweaking and testing I was doing. Glad you figured it out.!

I visited the github fork but didn't see a way to suggest a change, so I'm here

It'd be nice to also be able to edit RESOURCE_DEFINITIONs. There are some biology/life support mods that have the same resource (oxygen, for example), but use different densities.

Being able to use module manager to bring order to chaos in resources would be nice.

The short version is : if it's defined in a .cfg in any subdirectory of GameData you can edit it.

All the doc is in the first 2 post.

To edit this

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = LiquidFuel
density = 0.005
flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
transfer = PUMP
}

You do

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[LiquidFuel]
{
@density = 0.2
}

Suggestion: A means to swap entire nodes based on the presence of other mods by identifying loaded .dlls

Is this syntax ok ?

PART
{
MM_SWITCH
{
CASE
{
dll_loaded = FireSpitter
MODULE
{
name = FSwheel
etc = etc
}
}
CASE
{
dll_loaded = Multiwheels6
MODULE
{
name = TTModularWheel
etc = etc
}
}
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleLandingGear
}
}
}
}

Edited by sarbian

Sarbian: I'm having an issue with $: It doesn't seem to apply to root nodes. Checking the source, you seem to only check for $ in subnodes, whereas exactly the place I would like it is root nodes (i.e. $PART[foo] rather than @PART[foo]).

Ok so assuming that foo is an existing part, and I would like to duplicate it and then just give it a new name, is this the way?

$PART[foo]
{
@PART
{
@name = newfoo
}
}

I got the module manager and put it in the gamadata file (1.5.5) then i created a folder for my patch, the patch used the code you provided to send any mod part to have tech tree integration at the composites node, but everything i do is failing i still do not get how to use this mod, do i need to provide a root to the files some how?

Alas no. Sarbian found that you can't do that for root nodes (like PART) only subnodes. Has to be a Squad-side change to allow that.

So the main use case for $ is not working. :\

You'd use it just like @, though, IIRC: i.e.

$PART[foo]
{
@name = newfoo
//@other_changes_from_foo
}