[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Say, I know this is a long-shot, but is there anyway to use the '$' for node duplication on parts? My first attempt didn't actually make a duplicate (wanted to copy + rescale) and I wasn't sure if I did something wrong or if this just isn't supported:

// ------------------------------------------------------ TacFoodContainer 3m
$PART[TacFoodContainer]
{
@name = TacFoodContainer3m
@title = Food Container, 3m

@MODEL
{
@scale = 0.4166667, 0.4166667, 0.4166667
}

@rescaleFactor = 2.4
}

Is there a way to get a part to use ElectricCharge when it doesn't have the ModuleCommand MODULE section? The below doesn't work, obviously, and I'm wondering where I need to put the 'rate' setting. (The actual charge amount works fine.)

// ---------------------------------------------------------------- Capacity: 2
@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleCommand],#CrewCapacity[2]]:Final
{
!RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]{}
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.1666667 // 0.0833333 for basic systems support per kerbal
amount = 51600 // 12000 base + 12h charge (including life support)
maxAmount = 51600
}
}

If I wanted to disable or delete these using MM 1.5, what code would I use?

MODULE
{
name = InternalCameraSwitch
colliderTransformName = Monitor_Collider
cameraTransformName = CameraTransform
}
MODULE
{
colliderTransformName = Monitor_Collider_001
cameraTransformName = CameraTransform_001
}
MODULE
{
colliderTransformName = Monitor_Collider_002
cameraTransformName = CameraTransform_002
}

I used this one in old one to disable the middle monitor:

@INTERNAL[GenericSpace3TTUPGRADE]
{
!MODULE[InternalCameraSwitch]{}
}

I tried this, it didn't work:

{
}

{
!MODULE[InternalCameraSwitch,1]{}
}

{
!MODULE[InternalCameraSwitch,2]{}
}

therealcrow999 : the old one should still work. I'll work on MM tomorrow to have a release without bug and tested under .23 (even if I had no problem with it)

Captain_Party : others use it without that but so don't know what to tell you. Try again once I get a new version out.

The only thing with old one, it only deletes first one. I want to delete all three. I can't seem to get it. I think its because all three have same name.

therealcrow999 : the old one should still work. I'll work on MM tomorrow to have a release without bug and tested under .23 (even if I had no problem with it)

Captain_Party : others use it without that but so don't know what to tell you. Try again once I get a new version out.

If I wanted to disable or delete these using MM 1.5, what code would I use?

I tried this, it didn't work:

{
}

{
!MODULE[InternalCameraSwitch,1]{}
}

{
!MODULE[InternalCameraSwitch,2]{}
}

Your problem is the second and third of those !MODULE lines are in their own root nodes, not still in the @INTERNAL node ;)

{
!MODULE[InternalCameraSwitch,0] {}
!MODULE[InternalCameraSwitch,1] {}
!MODULE[InternalCameraSwitch,2] {}
}

That's assuming the ,n syntax works like that. I haven't tried it with named nodes.

I tried that one also, I tried every angle I could, but no go. I will give it a go with newer MM, if it allows.

It wouldn't of been so bad if each InternalCameraSwitch when made by user, would had named each one separately by adding numbers after them.

Lol, this one was puzzling me all morning. It's from the MK3 Cockpit mod: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/mk3-cockpit-internals/

Your problem is the second and third of those !MODULE lines are in their own root nodes, not still in the @INTERNAL node ;)

{
!MODULE[InternalCameraSwitch,0] {}
!MODULE[InternalCameraSwitch,1] {}
!MODULE[InternalCameraSwitch,2] {}
}

That's assuming the ,n syntax works like that. I haven't tried it with named nodes.

Edited by therealcrow999

Sarbian:

[ModuleManager] Exception while processing node : ModularFuelTanks/RealFuels/KSPI_MFS/@WARP_PLUGIN_SETTINGS
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

at ModuleManager.ConfigManager.ApplyPatch (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 excludePaths, Boolean final) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

WARP_PLUGINS_SETTINGS is a root node with no "name =" value under it.

I am attempting to integrate TACLS's water resource into Interstellar. I have made all the necessary config edits locally and with Fractal's 0.9 allowing changes to Interstellar's resources, this is now possible. Now I would like to make a module manager file to allow other players to have this change.

I need to make changes to two parts configs and 4 Interstellar config files to make this work. Basically, I'm just changing "LqdWater" to "Water" in those six files. As I understand it, I would make a new folder to be placed in the GameData folder and all it needs in it is my module manager config file. I'm having a little difficulty understanding the terminology in the OP and thus making my MM file. I also didn't see how I would change a generic config file in a mod.

Here is a paste bin with my rough changes. Paths are relative to the WarpPlugin folder. http://pastebin.com/aCxR7G7Q

Would something like this be correct for changing the resource type and adjusting the water amount and max amount in Interstellar's water tank part?

@PART[FNLiquidWaterTank]:Final
{
@RESOURCE[Water]
{
amount = 4065
maxAmount = 4065
}
}
@next part in my list to change

I am attempting to integrate TACLS's water resource into Interstellar. I have made all the necessary config edits locally and with Fractal's 0.9 allowing changes to Interstellar's resources, this is now possible. Now I would like to make a module manager file to allow other players to have this change.

I need to make changes to two parts configs and 4 Interstellar config files to make this work. Basically, I'm just changing "LqdWater" to "Water" in those six files. As I understand it, I would make a new folder to be placed in the GameData folder and all it needs in it is my module manager config file. I'm having a little difficulty understanding the terminology in the OP and thus making my MM file. I also didn't see how I would change a generic config file in a mod.

Here is a paste bin with my rough changes. Paths are relative to the WarpPlugin folder. http://pastebin.com/aCxR7G7Q

Would something like this be correct for changing the resource type and adjusting the water amount and max amount in Interstellar's water tank part?

{
@RESOURCE[Water]
{
amount = 4065
maxAmount = 4065
}
}
@next part in my list to change

Syntactically correct but you mention changing one resource to another and I don't see that happening in your sample code.

If the part named FNLiquidWaterTank actually has a RESOURCE named water then yes it will work as you have it above..

If however that part actually has a resource named LqdWater then you want this where your resource code is

@RESOURCE[LqdWater]
{
name = Water
amount = 4065
maxAmount = 4065
}

I think you need to do:

@RESOURCE[LqdWater]
{
@name = Water
@amount = 4065
@maxAmount = 4065
}

or

!RESOURCE[LqdWater] // removes the LqdWater resource

RESOURCE // adds the Water resource
{
name = Water
amount = 4065
maxAmount = 4065
}

I would prefer the second way.

So this should work correctly, yes?

{
@RESOURCE[LqdWater]
{
@name = Water
@amount = 4065
@maxAmount = 4065
}
}

Ok, I believe I can figure out the other part changes based on this info.

Next, how do I make changes to Interstellar's general plugin configs? As in, non-part configs.