[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

So I guess:

//Add Class Descriptions to antennas by range.
//Author: Gordon Dry

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]:HAS[#antennaPower[<500000],#antennaType[DIRECT]]]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 1 Antenna DIRECT.</color> :
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]:HAS[#antennaPower[<500000],#antennaType[RELAY]]]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 1 Antenna RELAY.</color> :
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]:HAS[#antennaPower[>499999],#antennaPower[<2000000001],#antennaType[DIRECT]]]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 2 Antenna DIRECT.</color> :
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]:HAS[#antennaPower[>499999],#antennaPower[<2000000001],#antennaType[RELAY]]]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 2 Antenna RELAY.</color> :
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]:HAS[#antennaPower[>2000000000],#antennaPower[<250000000001],#antennaType[DIRECT]]]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 3 Antenna DIRECT.</color> :
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]:HAS[#antennaPower[>2000000000],#antennaPower[<250000000001],#antennaType[RELAY]]]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 3 Antenna RELAY.</color> :
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]:HAS[#antennaPower[>250000000000],#antennaPower[<1000000000001],#antennaType[DIRECT]]]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 4 Antenna DIRECT.</color> :
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]:HAS[#antennaPower[>250000000000],#antennaPower[<1000000000001],#antennaType[RELAY]]]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 4 Antenna RELAY.</color> :
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]:HAS[#antennaPower[>1000000000000],#antennaType[DIRECT]]]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 5 Antenna DIRECT.</color> :
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]:HAS[#antennaPower[>1000000000000],#antennaType[RELAY]]]:FINAL {
	+description ^= :^:<color=orange>Class 5 Antenna RELAY.</color> :
}

I just fully recognized that several mod authors have the pod internal antennas defined as DIRECT ... it was more obvious with my added readout when showing only DIRECT antennas inside Filter Extensions ...

I have seen it before, but now I had the motivation to post it :D

Edit:

This is a bummer! Yeah! This should be the reason for actual issues with newest Kerbalism dev build.

When a pod's internal antenna is not set to antennaType = INTERNAL but to antennaType = DIRECT this triggers issues with Kerbalism's new antenna system.

Edit:

Well, now I got it. There are a few pods with both antennaType; INTERNAL and DIRECT.
These pods usually have built in animated external antennas.

Actually working on a fix of the Kerbalism Signal patch.

Edited by Gordon Dry

So I have run into a problem with my 1.4.3 RSS install, but the mods that are problematic are SSPXR(Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux) and MKS(Modular Kolonization System). Well, seems to mostly be MKS, since MM didn't throw any errors before adding that, but I wanted to know if anyone could lead me in the right direction as to why these errors suddenly occur. Hopefully it can help others in the same situation or if it's a bug I can relay it to the mod authors =)

I do not have the necessary insight into how MM functions to even attempt a decent fix. The only thing I could fix, were some of the errors from SSPXR, by putting in the integer values from the part cfgs that the patch tries to alter, instead MM trying to copy them.

KSP.log included, so are the two files that are causing trouble(StockTweaks from MKS and SSPXR-MKS-Extras from SSPXR).

Thank you for your time =)

Disclaimer: I know that a couple of the mods I use are not officially updated to 1.4.3. I've recompiled the newest(dev) versions of these by myself, after reading that other people with more insight into the mods had done the same with succes. If this is a problem, disregard the whole thing and I'll just have to remove MKS from the mod pool until such a time it's fixed.

12 hours ago, Bamse said:

So I have run into a problem with my 1.4.3 RSS install, but the mods that are problematic are SSPXR(Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux) and MKS(Modular Kolonization System). Well, seems to mostly be MKS, since MM didn't throw any errors before adding that, but I wanted to know if anyone could lead me in the right direction as to why these errors suddenly occur. Hopefully it can help others in the same situation or if it's a bug I can relay it to the mod authors =)

I do not have the necessary insight into how MM functions to even attempt a decent fix. The only thing I could fix, were some of the errors from SSPXR, by putting in the integer values from the part cfgs that the patch tries to alter, instead MM trying to copy them.

KSP.log included, so are the two files that are causing trouble(StockTweaks from MKS and SSPXR-MKS-Extras from SSPXR).

Thank you for your time =)

Disclaimer: I know that a couple of the mods I use are not officially updated to 1.4.3. I've recompiled the newest(dev) versions of these by myself, after reading that other people with more insight into the mods had done the same with succes. If this is a problem, disregard the whole thing and I'll just have to remove MKS from the mod pool until such a time it's fixed.

Thanks for the log, was able to see what's going on

Kerbalism and SSPXR's MKS patches do not play well together it seems.  Kerbalism removes ModuleDeployableHabitat, but the SSPXR MKS patches expect it to be there.  I don't know which side the fix would be on though.

Kerbalism patch: https://gitlab.com/N70/Kerbalism/blob/05b11b291acc49e42a5255a2576ed98d92b95297/GameData/Kerbalism/Support/SSPX.cfg#L138

SSPXR MKS patch: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/blob/d38160bd6382b798183780a64021e486c58db303/GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-MKS-Extras.cfg#L154

Edited by blowfish

@blowfish The problem is probably due to using Kerbalism and MKS together, They are incompatible with each other due to both being Life support mods.

Best way to fix would be to modify the SSPXR MKS patch with a :NEEDS[!Kerbalism]

Edited by PiezPiedPy

19 hours ago, blowfish said:

Might want to let @Bamse know that.  It's not my install, I'm just reading the logs.

I'll go one better and give him a PR with a fix via the SSPXR GitHub ;)

@Bamse The problem is probably due to using Kerbalism and MKS together, They are incompatible with each other due to both being Life support mods. I am going to send a PR to SSPXR that will stop MM errors but you are going to find problems arise in game using both these mods together regardless.

@Bamse I may of wrongly assumed you had both Kerbalism and MKS installed, the problem is caused by the SSPXR MKS patch not checking if MKS is installed before applying its changes and just applies the changes regardless, which causes problems with the Kerbalism install. Will be fixed soon ;)

@Bamse Try this file, its been PR'd to SSPXR but so you can use it before its merged and released I've posted a link to it here:

https://github.com/PiezPiedPy/StationPartsExpansionRedux/blob/Kerbalism/GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-MKS-Extras.cfg

Edited by PiezPiedPy

Thanks @blowfish and @PiezPiedPy, I will take a look once I have time to see if it fixes some of the problems =)

I am running Kerbalism though, but seeing as MKS can run without a lifesupport mod, I thought it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not running USI-LS, cause obviously running multiple lifesupport mods would be asking for trouble, but it might just be that MKS and Kerbalism will not play nicely together (Even though they should).

@PiezPiedPy The config you linked is the one I also linked, and already use, just FYI(Ran diff on the code in SublimeText, it's a 100% match).. Should've probably mentioned that I know how to poke around on GitHub to find patches and such :P

Edited by Bamse

1 hour ago, Bamse said:

Thanks @blowfish and @PiezPiedPy, I will take a look once I have time to see if it fixes some of the problems =)

I am running Kerbalism though, but seeing as MKS can run without a lifesupport mod, I thought it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not running USI-LS, cause obviously running multiple lifesupport mods would be asking for trouble, but it might just be that MKS and Kerbalism will not play nicely together (Even though they should).

What makes you think they should?  MKS explicitly lists that it doesn't support Kerbalism.

2 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

MKS without LS may be fine with Kerbalism, not tested.

NO.

MKS and Kerbalism do not work together.  This is well-known.  RoverDude has no plans to offer Kerbalism support.  Trying them together will break things.

3 hours ago, DStaal said:

NO.

MKS and Kerbalism do not work together.  This is well-known.  RoverDude has no plans to offer Kerbalism support.  Trying them together will break things.

Exactly what I thought but was not 100% on the fact.

Eventually Kerbalism will allow MKS but its parts only with Kerbalisms resources and processes patched into them, I have already added support for USI's FTT, Kontainers and the ReactorPack

On 6/12/2018 at 7:36 PM, DStaal said:

What makes you think they should?  MKS explicitly lists that it doesn't support Kerbalism.

Saw no mention of Kerblism in the MKS OP, or MKS in the Kerbalism OP. I thought this was a MM problem at first which I'd not seen anyone else post anything about, now I get that it's a mod conflict. Hence no need to discuss this any further here =)

MKS have some nice things for making offworld colonies quite a lot easier, but it isn't 100% necessary, so I'll just remove it and use KPBS+EPL for now =)

Thx for the help anyways @PiezPiedPy

Is there a way to exclude a certain part - based on its name - from undergoing a Module Manager patch? Basically, I have a couple of ISP scaling patches that force me to build real-life sized rockets in stock KSP, but one of my part mods (Real Scale Boosters) already does that for its own engines. Which basically means that, as of now, they completely suck, since they are being scaled-down twice. More specifically, I want this config:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:FINAL
{
	// @description = This is working

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		@maxThrust *= 2		
		@atmosphereCurve
		{
			@key,0[1, ] *= 0.4
			@key,1[1, ] *= 0.4
			@key,2[1, ] *= 0.4
			// @key,4[2, ] *= 0.4
		}		
	}
}

to NOT be applied to each and every part beginning with RSB*. Is it possible?

4 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Is there a way to exclude a certain part - based on its name - from undergoing a Module Manager patch? Basically, I have a couple of ISP scaling patches that force me to build real-life sized rockets in stock KSP, but one of my part mods (Real Scale Boosters) already does that for its own engines. Which basically means that, as of now, they completely suck, since they are being scaled-down twice. More specifically, I want this config:

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:FINAL
{
	// @description = This is working

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
	{
		@maxThrust *= 2		
		@atmosphereCurve
		{
			@key,0[1, ] *= 0.4
			@key,1[1, ] *= 0.4
			@key,2[1, ] *= 0.4
			// @key,4[2, ] *= 0.4
		}		
	}
}

to NOT be applied to each and every part beginning with RSB*. Is it possible?

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],~name[RSB*]]:FINAL

contrary to what @Gordon Dry said, :NEEDS is not correct here, since that will turn the patch on or off for everything based on the presence of a mod.

5 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

I have a bigger problem now.

I can calculate to change the gimbalRange, I tried it several times, but the values are all the same as provided with the original configs.

See

HAS[@MODULE[ModuleGimbal,ModuleEngines]] is the bad part, it doesn't work that way.  You need HAS[@MODULE[ModuleGimbal],@MODULE[ModuleEngines]].  It's looking for a module with name = ModuleGimbal,ModuleEngines which does not exist on any part.

If you search the log for this patch, you might have noticed that it was not being applied to any part.  That would have been the first clue as to what was wrong.

Dunno if this is a brain fart - I tried it several times and googled like hell ...

These two patches will not work:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleGimbal],@MODULE[ModuleEngines]]:NEEDS[!RealismOverhaul]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleGimbal]
	{
		@gimbalRange /= #$/mass$
		temp = #$gimbalRange$
		tempb = #$../Module[ModuleEngines]/maxThrust$
		@gimbalRange /= #$tempb$
		@gimbalRange *= 100
		@gimbalRange /= #$temp$
		@gimbalResponseSpeed /= #$/mass$
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleGimbal],@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]]:NEEDS[!RealismOverhaul]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleGimbal]
	{
		@gimbalRange /= #$/mass$
		temp = #$gimbalRange$
		tempb = #$../Module[ModuleEnginesFX]/maxThrust$
		@gimbalRange /= #$tempb$
		@gimbalRange *= 100
		@gimbalRange /= #$temp$
		@gimbalResponseSpeed /= #$/mass$
	}
}