atmosphereCurve
    {
      key = 0 080
      key = 1 060
      key = 4 0.001
    }
  }
}

There are six parts that begin with RCS_025T_ but this only clones one of them. Does the +PART not use a wildcard to search for all instances and only just copy the first one it finds? Is there a way I can get it to clone all six of the parts with one patch or do I have to do them individually?

You're missing the final : on your regex replacements ... it's :pattern:replacement:

7 hours ago, blowfish said:

You're missing the final : on your regex replacements ... it's :pattern:replacement:

whoops! I maybe would have found that if I looked at KSP.log better. I saw some warnings but did not realize there was an error too listed under the warnings. Eh, 1am... I also didn't realize the error because the patch worked fine for that one instance - the part was made with Cold Gas instead of MP and had its title, cost and mass all changed properly

Wait no, that error showing up in KSP.log was some other dumb mistake I was making with another part. The missing : didn't even throw a warning. I added the ending : to both lines but still only see a single part copy. Here's my KSP.log that was created when I ran the game without the ending : characters

But so you're saying it should be working the way I expect it to?

8 hours ago, blowfish said:

OMG WE BOTH MISSED IT

@name = ^= :$:_CG

/facepalm 1AM...

How did that not generate a warning or even an error? I guess it's a legit text string in this context isn't it? Heh! Well it still messed up something because when I fixed it everything worked. And of course it was the part name so everything I could see in the infobox in the game looked fine :P

Edited by Drew Kerman

On 11/25/2018 at 10:47 PM, blowfish said:

Sarbian is away for a bit, so I'll post this

Version 3.1.2

• Fix color tag on warning message
  • Fix NRE when reloading the game database
  • Fix database reloads generating a bunch of log errors and not detecting changes

Downloads :

ModuleManager-3.1.2.zip

ModuleManager.3.1.2.dll

when I click on the module manager link for the zip it comes up with an error. is there another link to download it from? 

6 hours ago, blowfish said:

Thought that was fixed in 3.1.1

I noticed it on the first run after installing 3.1.1 actually, though I also had 3.1.0's dll.

Sadly I'm not getting the warning at all now and have played the game since, so no more log :/

Edited by 5thHorseman
incorrect version reported

5 hours ago, sarbian said:

The server is reminding me that I need to move to a new host by crashing badly. I am working on it and hopefully it won't be too long.

I won't be able to fix it today. The data seems do be fine but I ll have to move to the new server to have it working and it will take time...

Ok, we are back online with the old server while I get the new one ready (new provider and I have a few quirk to fix).

For those interested by the nerdy part:

• Old server now has a faulty RAM stick (and ECC does its best to deal with it)
  • I won't get it fixed because I planned to ditch the old provider after their last "hey, here is a +26% on your server bill" a few weeks ago
  • The server runs proxmox with a ZFS pool for storage. Bad RAM + ZFS => bad stuff
  • The ZFS log got corrupted bad enough that the poor linux kernel actually segfaulted...
  • from there it was impossible to mount the ZFS without crashing the kernel
  • I tried a bunch of rescue CD (booting an ISO thru the network... glad I have fiber) without much luck. A FreeBSD even rebooted when mounting the ZFS. I finally found a Linux ZFS rescue ISO with a release candidate of the next ZFS on Linux release and that worked. 
  • Scrubbed the ZFS volume. Exported the KSP/Jenkins VM image to have a backup and rebooted to a ItDidNotCrashYet™ state.
  • I am getting the new server ready and will do my best to get it ready ASAP

Hello there, folks. I was wondering how I go about finding the configs responsible for the errors I'm seeing reported by Module Manager during the startup process of KSP? I looked through KSP.log and output.log to no avail, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I think I found the warnings I'm seeing during startup in the output.log. I forgot that they were labeled "warning" rather than "error".

Edited by fallout2077
Eureka moment

6 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

Apparently, Module Manager 3.1.2 alone messes up MK2 lander right click menu, as well as service modules (cannot remove shrouds anymore to put stuff in).

Here is the thread :

So I guess better wait for update?... 

According to this it wasn't MM but the need to verify the files in Steam

1 hour ago, evileye.x said:

Apparently, Module Manager 3.1.2 alone messes up MK2 lander right click menu, as well as service modules (cannot remove shrouds anymore to put stuff in).

Here is the thread :

So I guess better wait for update?... 

WRONG.

As @5thHorseman says revalidate your steam files. Don't do it while the game is running either. (if you were running the game when the update dropped it tried to update while you were running and would have been unable to overwrite the executable and one of the dlls)

2 hours ago, Starwaster said:

revalidate your steam files.

But why I need to re-validate steam files? I always install mods to fresh copy of steam folders, but never in steam folders itself. 

Deleting MM dll in Gamedata solves the issue, for sure :) - I guess that steam does after verification.

O'k I'll try anyway, as well as MM 3.1.0 and let you know.

Nope. As expected, neither re-validation nor downgrade to 3.1.0 helps to solve the issue.

output_log.txt : https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbgdzmsevf4k069/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by evileye.x

34 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

But why I need to re-validate steam files? I always install mods to fresh copy of steam folders, but never in steam folders itself. 

Because if your steam files needed revalidating at the time that you copied them then you copied invalid files.

The right click menu issue happens when some files are not properly updated when KSP was updated to 1.6.0

3 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

@evileye.x and don't forget to COPY the newly revalidated files over to whatever folder you're playing from. In fact, delete it entirely and copy it fresh. After validating the files.

Yes, I did exactly that. Conclusion - MM 3.1.2 not quite compatible with KSP 1.6 yet. (if you need mk2 lander or any of service modules.) 

5 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

Yes, I did exactly that. Conclusion - MM 3.1.2 not quite compatible with KSP 1.6 yet. (if you need mk2 lander or any of service modules.) 

People with unmodded installs are seeing this too.  I really don't think it has anything to do with MM

E: Seems that after verifying and re-copying you also need to delete PartDatabase.cfg

Edited by blowfish

9 minutes ago, blowfish said:

People with unmodded installs are seeing this too.

In my case, deleting MM dll solves the issue, so I don't know... Can somebody with MM installed check right clicking MK2 lander can in VAB. Or try to build something inside service module (there's difference in right click menu on service modules with and without MM - guess SQUAD changed those in 1.6) Or it's just me? Fresh validated copy from steam doesn't help

Edited by evileye.x

23 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

In my case, deleting MM dll solves the issue, so I don't know... Can somebody with MM installed check right clicking MK2 lander can in VAB. Or try to build something inside service module (there's difference in right click menu on service modules with and without MM - guess SQUAD changed those in 1.6) Or it's just me? Fresh validated copy from steam doesn't help

Apologies, I think you're right, I think there is something going on with 3.1.2 and KSP 1.6

I did NOT try with 3.1.0...

But I AM using MM 3.1.1 with KSP 1.6 right now and am not having any issues with it.