[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

C/C++ like pre-processor?

I'm finding myself repeating large chunks of configuration when I set up multiple modes for an add-on. I'd like to see the equivalent of #include <filename.txt> added, so I can maintain repetitive portions in single files. Or does this sort of thing already exist?

With Kerbalism and CryoTanks (and more) the following gets spammed after upgrade to 4.0.1:

[EXC 21:57:24.337] Exception: psuedo-resource _HyLiquefactionmust be NO_FLOW
	KERBALISM.Modifiers.Evaluate (KERBALISM.Environment_analyzer env, KERBALISM.Vessel_analyzer va, KERBALISM.Resource_simulator sim, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 modifiers, .Part p)
	KERBALISM.Resource_simulator.Process_process_vessel_wide (KERBALISM.Process pr, KERBALISM.Environment_analyzer env, KERBALISM.Vessel_analyzer va)
	KERBALISM.Resource_simulator.Process_process (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, KERBALISM.Process pr, KERBALISM.Environment_analyzer env, KERBALISM.Vessel_analyzer va)
	KERBALISM.Resource_simulator.RunSimulator (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, KERBALISM.Environment_analyzer env, KERBALISM.Vessel_analyzer va)
	KERBALISM.Resource_simulator.Analyze (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, KERBALISM.Environment_analyzer env, KERBALISM.Vessel_analyzer va)
	KERBALISM.Planner.Update ()
	KERBALISM.Launcher.Update ()
	KERBALISM.UI.Update (Boolean show_window)
	KERBALISM.Kerbalism.Update ()
[ERR 21:57:24.354] Resource System Error: Requested resource (id: 1203312488) does not exist

Full log here. The lack of space after the resource name bugs me more than it should.

Relevant snippet of Kerbalism's CryoTanks compatibility config:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION:NEEDS[CryoTanks,Kerbalism,ProfileDefault]
{
	name = _HyLiquefaction
	density = 0.0
	isVisible = false
}

I did try adding NO_FLOW explicitly here, so that one thing didn't help.

I'm aware that this might be an issue with Kerbalism just exposed by 4.0.1, and downgrading to 3.1.3 helps so I'm fine, and unfortunately I won't have time to properly isolate this for a few days. I hope this is helpful nonetheless.

@blowfish It's probably a low priority, but the ALT-F11 function to reload the database seems to be broken in 4.0.1. The menus come up when you hit ALT-F11 and something does seem to start reloading, but stops at 53% from what I can tell. I gave up and killed the game after waiting longer than it takes to start the game from scratch.

12 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@blowfish It's probably a low priority, but the ALT-F11 function to reload the database seems to be broken in 4.0.1. The menus come up when you hit ALT-F11 and something does seem to start reloading, but stops at 53% from what I can tell. I gave up and killed the game after waiting longer than it takes to start the game from scratch.

If you still have logs from a KSP run where this happened, would you mind sending them to me?

3 minutes ago, blowfish said:

If you still have logs from a KSP run where this happened, would you mind sending them to me?

which logs would you like? ksp.log and anything else?

EDIT - Sorry thought it was quoting me :)  The universe doesn't revolve around me - only the active craft in ksp.

Edited by theJesuit
me,

38 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I made a new one just for you. It looks like ContractConfigurator is trying to build it's contracts before all the parts are loaded and CC gets stuck in a loop spamming the logs with errors. I haven't had the patience to see if this will end on it's own.

KSP.LOG Alt-F11 Bug

5 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

I made a new one just for you. It looks like ContractConfigurator is trying to build it's contracts before all the parts are loaded and CC gets stuck in a loop spamming the logs with errors. I haven't had the patience to see if this will end on it's own.

KSP.LOG Alt-F11 Bug

It seems like Contract Configurator is complaining about something.  Did this definitely work with previous versions of MM?  It looks like ModuleManager's bit is finishing successfully, but Contract Configurator is getting tripped up when KSP is compiling parts

[EXC 10:56:05.138] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ContractConfigurator.ContractType.CheckContractGroup (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup group)
	ContractConfigurator.ContractType.MeetBasicRequirements (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract)

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

It seems like Contract Configurator is complaining about something.  Did this definitely work with previous versions of MM?  It looks like ModuleManager's bit is finishing successfully, but Contract Configurator is getting tripped up when KSP is compiling parts

I don't think I've used this feature since at least October. I had Contract Configurator installed then, but not same set of mods or even contracts I have now. I really only use this when I'm working on patches for indicator lights to just reload the database instead of restart.

I just did another test with my install stripped down to the bare minimum (Squad, Indicator Lights, node helper and another mod. The Alt-F11 menu works fine with MM 4.0.1 with this combination.

Edited by Tonka Crash

@blowfish & @Tonka Crash - Reloading the Contract Configurator stuff (which is what's getting triggered by the module manager reload) has been somewhat broken for a long time.  It's also not really supported from inside an active game (which it looks to me like what's happening in that log, but it's only a partial log so it's hard to say for sure).

16 minutes ago, nightingale said:

@blowfish & @Tonka Crash - Reloading the Contract Configurator stuff (which is what's getting triggered by the module manager reload) has been somewhat broken for a long time.  It's also not really supported from inside an active game (which it looks to me like what's happening in that log, but it's only a partial log so it's hard to say for sure).

Reloading can be done in the space center or main menu, I guess in the space center you'd be in an active game so maybe that doesn't really work?

10 hours ago, blowfish said:

Reloading can be done in the space center or main menu, I guess in the space center you'd be in an active game so maybe that doesn't really work?

Contract Configurator does its reload in a co-routine, and it leaves its own config in a bad state while the reload is happening.  This is no big deal on the main menu, but space center is a different story.  There's lots of ways for me to fix it, including the bad (but easy) fix of just not doing a co-routine in the space center.

Anyway, I don't think there's a Module Manager problem here - since this is all happening in my own ModuleManagerPostLoad() call.  The only thing I'm not sure about is the part database loading - was that always happening after the ModuleManagerPostLoad() calls in 3.x, or was that changed in 4.x?  The part database isn't an issue in this instance, but I could see it causing problems in other cases.

4 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Anyway, I don't think there's a Module Manager problem here - since this is all happening in my own ModuleManagerPostLoad() call.  The only thing I'm not sure about is the part database loading - was that always happening after the ModuleManagerPostLoad() calls in 3.x, or was that changed in 4.x?  The part database isn't an issue in this instance, but I could see it causing problems in other cases.

It was always happening.  Config changes (and model/texture changes) wouldn't be reflected in the parts until they are recompiled.

At the start of the game it shows 4 warnings in yellow. I have no idea where to look or know what I'm looking for to figure out why the warnings are there. Game is working (1.6.1) with no crashes so I don't know what's up.

Edited by MikeO89

6 minutes ago, MikeO89 said:

At the start of the game it shows 4 warnings in yellow. I have no idea where to look or know what I'm looking for to figure out why the warnings are there. Game is working (1.6.1) with no crashes so I don't know what's up.

They're all in the log.  It can be a bit daunting to sort through, I can help with that though if you post it.

17 minutes ago, MikeO89 said:

There are 3 warnings from BDB and one from Engine Lighting.  The BDB ones are harmless and have already been fixed, I think you just need to update it.  The engine lighting one is this:

[WRN 2019-41-29 16:41:29.267] unrecognized tag: 'smallRadialEngineFOR' on: EngineLight/engine-configs/@PART[liquidEngineMini]:smallRadialEngineFOR[EngineLight]

Which does indeed look badly formatted.  It looks like someone has already proposed a fix for it: https://github.com/ToXik-yogHurt/EngineLightUnofficial/pull/2/files#diff-04a1b9a3639ee8be3aadbcf237d5afb6L85 but it has not been merged.  The consequence of this I think is that the Spark and Twitch engines won't have quite the desired lighting settings.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it. I appreciate it. As far as the BDB ones, I guess I am stuck with those cause the latest BDB update borks saves using any previous BDB parts of which I have a lot of. I am skipping that update because I just have too much time invested in my crafts to take the chance of losing any of them. I play all sandbox and depend on everything being as I had it each time I start the game back up. Pretty much stuck with engine lighting too as that's an old mod and I don't think it's been updated in a long time. Like the effect of the engine lighting though. That's the downside of using mods, if you build anything using parts from them, you are pretty much stuck keeping the mod. One time I took out a mod I didn't think I'd use anymore, started the game and one of my space stations just disappeared. I then realized I had one part on it from that mod which caused it to not load without the mod. Put the mod back in and got my space station back. Made me then realize the trap I was getting myself into.

Edited by MikeO89

A real problem this time:

I've been randomly getting a few exceptions during startup, they look like this:

#### BEGIN MODULEMANAGER LOG ####

[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:32.959] Checking Cache
[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:33.416] SHA generated in 0.474s
[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:33.416]       SHA = 4D-69-D7-10-3A-BA-7E-BA-CD-1E-34-18-CB-AA-E4-CB-D3-07-F7-5E-13-7F-28-E2-E5-06-89-EC-16-57-79-AF
[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:33.466] Changes :
Changed : ZeroMiniAVC/Config.cfg

[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:33.466] Cache SHA = 8D-FB-2B-F5-05-72-AF-91-98-2B-06-77-40-E6-13-B5-CA-1C-CD-40-F3-0F-09-EE-2D-9D-2F-DC-C7-C8-29-50
[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:33.466] useCache = False
[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:33.466] Pre patch init
[EXC 2019-48-30 06:48:33.567] System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path R:\KSP_1.6.1_dev\GameData\EditorExtensionsRedux\Plugins\EditorExtensionsRedux.dll
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleManager.Utils.FileUtils.FileSHA (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleManager.ModListGenerator.GenerateModList (IPatchProgress progress, IBasicLogger logger) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[EXC 2019-48-30 06:48:33.567] System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path R:\KSP_1.6.1_dev\GameData\JanitorsCloset\Plugins\JanitorsCloset.dll
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleManager.Utils.FileUtils.FileSHA (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleManager.ModListGenerator.GenerateModList (IPatchProgress progress, IBasicLogger logger) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

All logs included in this file:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/70z96q4a80toz3k/MM_Exception_Logs.zip?dl=0

I noticed this while working on another mod, so this is a fairly small install.  As I said, it doesn't happen all the time

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

A real problem this time:

I've been randomly getting a few exceptions during startup, they look like this:

Spoiler

#### BEGIN MODULEMANAGER LOG ####

[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:32.959] Checking Cache
[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:33.416] SHA generated in 0.474s
[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:33.416]       SHA = 4D-69-D7-10-3A-BA-7E-BA-CD-1E-34-18-CB-AA-E4-CB-D3-07-F7-5E-13-7F-28-E2-E5-06-89-EC-16-57-79-AF
[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:33.466] Changes :
Changed : ZeroMiniAVC/Config.cfg

[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:33.466] Cache SHA = 8D-FB-2B-F5-05-72-AF-91-98-2B-06-77-40-E6-13-B5-CA-1C-CD-40-F3-0F-09-EE-2D-9D-2F-DC-C7-C8-29-50
[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:33.466] useCache = False
[LOG 2019-48-30 06:48:33.466] Pre patch init
[EXC 2019-48-30 06:48:33.567] System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path R:\KSP_1.6.1_dev\GameData\EditorExtensionsRedux\Plugins\EditorExtensionsRedux.dll
[EXC 2019-48-30 06:48:33.567] System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path R:\KSP_1.6.1_dev\GameData\JanitorsCloset\Plugins\JanitorsCloset.dll

All logs included in this file:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/70z96q4a80toz3k/MM_Exception_Logs.zip?dl=0

I noticed this while working on another mod, so this is a fairly small install.  As I said, it doesn't happen all the time

Not sure what could be causing that, but it seems to be handled properly (the SHA for that DLL isn't generated but it's just for display purposes anyway).  Also weird that it's just those two DLLs.  Is there a chance something else is holding a lock on those files?

Edited by blowfish

29 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Not sure what could be causing that, but it seems to be handled properly (the SHA for that DLL isn't generated but it's just for display purposes anyway).  Also weird that it's just those two DLLs.  Is there a chance something else is holding a lock on those files?

No, and it's random.  Sometimes those dlls, sometimes nothing, sometimes other dlls.  My best guess is that there is a race condition between the MM thread and the main KSP thread.

My concern is what would happen if the error happens to the main thread;  I think in that case that the dll wouldn't be available for the game, which could be a bad thing