[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

1 hour ago, xxslaerninja said:

the 1.3.1 module manger take forever and I think its broken how do I fix this please tell me ASCP thank you!

Welcome to the forums.

It would help if you provided more information so read this post.

I doubt MM is broken.  Which version of KSP are you using?  Which mods do you have installed?

One reason for MM to take a long time, though, is the number of mods you're using.  We don't know what your game installation looks like so we can't answer you without more info but if you have added lots of mods, MM has more configs to parse.

Try deleting the MM data files in your GameData folder (ModuleManager.ConfigCache, .ConfigSHA, .Physics and .TechTree, but not the .dll) and restarting KSP.  This will rebuild your MM files from scratch and might solve the problem.

Finally, people here are all volunteers with real lives, including all of the mod developers.  They're really good at helping people out but will help whenever they can since your problems are not their problems.  Asking for answers "ASAP" (I'm assuming you mean ASAP and not the American Society of Clinical Pathologists) comes across as demanding and it could make people less likely to answer you.

On 3/11/2019 at 5:57 PM, Brigadier said:

One reason for MM to take a long time, though, is the number of mods you're using.  We don't know what your game installation looks like so we can't answer you without more info but if you have added lots of mods, MM has more configs to parse.

There's an unusual situation in which a (third party) DLL borks on loading that halts MM. The funny messages are still shown in the screen, but the progress bar (and the text where the current action is being displayed) halts permanently.

It's a third party DLL borking. You delete or fix that DLL, and things work again. KSP.log pinpoints the problem, it's usually on the last line of the file as everything halts. If you installed Hyperspace you need to close KSP before taking the LOG , as Hyperspace makes writing to the log more "chunky" - it waits for way more data to fill a buffer before writing something to disk, and closing KSP flushes that buffer.

Edited by Lisias
tyops. as usulla.

15 minutes ago, onlinegamesz said:

It says for me: 2697 Patches applied, found 1 warning.  Where can I find this warning and why does it even give a warning? Thank you in advance.

Some patch in some mod you have installed is probably formatted badly.  It's in the log, unfortunately hard to find if you're not too experienced at that.  But if you post it I can look.

20 hours ago, onlinegamesz said:

It says for me: 2697 Patches applied, found 1 warning.  Where can I find this warning and why does it even give a warning? Thank you in advance.

I open the KSP.log file in a decent text editor and search for the phrase "warning related to" or "## END MODULEMANAGER LOG ##".  These might get you close to the right place at the end of the MM section where there's a summary of the warnings.  From there, you might find additional clues.

YMMV

3 hours ago, onlinegamesz said:

In the log file the warning says: "1 warning related to GameData/Tantares/Patches/KIS/KIS.cfg". I have the newest version, I guess I need to contact the modmaker then.

If you then search for that path in the file above that line, you might find the actual warning and the line in the KIS.cfg file on which it occurs.

That said, yes, post to the Tartares topic but realize that it's only a warning and not an error so it might be something trivial that won't get fixed right away.  It depends what the warning actually is.

So, I was finally able to get this installed on a Mac.  When I first installed it I didn't have the .dll file so when it fired up there were all kinds of things missing.  Basically destroyed 171 hours of playtime.  I have nothing left of what I built.

I installed this so I could install ReStock if that helps at all.

It is running properly now, but everything that I built is  missing.  Any thoughts  as to how I could recover it?  I do have time machine backups of the folder if I really have to break those out.

Thanks!

Edited by helinut

20 minutes ago, helinut said:

So, I was finally able to get this installed on a Mac.  When I first installed it I didn't have the .dll file so when it fired up there were all kinds of things missing.  Basically destroyed 171 hours of playtime.  I have nothing left of what I built.

I installed this so I could install ReStock if that helps at all.

It is running properly now, but everything that I built is  missing.  Any thoughts  as to how I could recover it?  I do have time machine backups of the folder if I really have to break those out.

Thanks!

When you're in the broken save you can open the load menu and see if there's possibly a save that hasn't been touched, like a quicksave or something.

In general it is recommend to back up your saves frequently if you care about them and especially when you install/uninstall mods.

8 minutes ago, blowfish said:

When you're in the broken save you can open the load menu and see if there's possibly a save that hasn't been touched, like a quicksave or something.

In general it is recommend to back up your saves frequently if you care about them and especially when you install/uninstall mods.

Thank you.  That did the trick.  I always remember to do a backup right after I forget to do a backup.  :)  

15 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Thank you.  That did the trick.  I always remember to do a backup right after I forget to do a backup.  :)  

I was able to recover without the mods applied, but tried to apply  them again and everything gets nuked.  Something missing in every vehicle I have made.  Oh well.

21 minutes ago, helinut said:

I was able to recover without the mods applied, but tried to apply  them again and everything gets nuked.  Something missing in every vehicle I have made.  Oh well.

Maybe upload your log (instructions in the HOW TO GET SUPPORT link in my sig) just so we can look at it?  It's possible something is installed incorrectly and breaking things.

And since I forgot the first time, welcome to the forums!

Here is the log file.  https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/788892/Player.log

I have Kerbal Engineer Redux installed and that was the only other mod I had installed before trying this one along with ReStock.

I put the ModuleManager file, the .dll, and the ReStock  file in the GameData folder.  Fired it up and received the errors.

Thank you for the welcome as well!

Edited by helinut

47 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

Maybe someone has in idea,what is wrong with this line in a Kerbalism patch cfg

@PART[bluedog_Diamant_Diapason]:NEEDS[FeatureSignal]:FOR[Kerbalism]:AFTER[Bluedog_DB]

I guess, there are too many attributes in line...

FOR and AFTER are mutually exclusive

Hi!

I've been banging my head against a wall for a while, but finally decided to ask for help.

I'm trying to patch a bunch of stuff, and i need to delete all fields inside a module. 

I have to replace all instances of a module that have a field in common with something else. can't delete and add another as it goes across a whole lot of parts, and some parts have multiple instances of the same module that i'm trying to edit.

in short, 

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[*]]:NEEDS[whatever]:FOR[whatever]
{
	@MODULE[*]:HAS[#field1[*],#field2[*]],*						
		{
			%field3 = #$field1$
			%field4 = #$field2$
			//this is where i want to delete all remaining fields in that specific module
		}
}

before you criticize me for my search parameters , i mostly know what i'm doing, and I know exactly what this does, and yes, it's intended.

The remaining fields are harmless, but i'm simply trying to somewhat "future proof" this, in case something gets added and there's a match in fields.

thank you.

"You just have to put the dll in your KSP/GameData folder. Then you can put you patch .cfg file anywhere. I would create a folder for your personal patch, but it's up to you.

As mentioned earlier you can have multiple version of it. But you can clean up too" 

I have downloaded the mod FMRS for KSP and it requires this Module Manager. However, I do not know how to patch the .cfg file into the Module Manager. Can you tell me how I can do this? Thanks.

@sarbian

1 hour ago, BobaFett4516 said:

"You just have to put the dll in your KSP/GameData folder. Then you can put you patch .cfg file anywhere. I would create a folder for your personal patch, but it's up to you.

As mentioned earlier you can have multiple version of it. But you can clean up too" 

I have downloaded the mod FMRS for KSP and it requires this Module Manager. However, I do not know how to patch the .cfg file into the Module Manager. Can you tell me how I can do this? Thanks.

@sarbian

Module Manager will read any file ending in “.cfg” - anywhere in GameData. 

If a .cfg came in the FMRS folder, just leave it there.

if you are creating your own.cfg, the it can either be loose within GameData, or you can create your own folders.

@sarbian Thank you for reminding me of the date today, through the use of the flying Nyan Cats.  May you be always blessed through a lack of the Kracken visits.

Bring on 2 April for a cats to go back in the box with their poison vials and hide from the world's observations once again.

Hi esteemed all,

I want to give all probes a little boost in electrical capability.

Can you please give me a pointer as this doesn't work:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],#CrewCapacity[>0]]
		{	@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
			{	@amount *= 5					// 10
				@maxAmount *= 5					// 10
			}
		}

And the next one does, but with an obvious MM warning:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0]]
		{	@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
			{	@amount *= 5					// 10
			}
		}

And I get why there is a warning, two HAS.

So can you please let me know how I combine the two HAS in a way that works?

Thanks and peace.

2 hours ago, theJesuit said:

And I get why there is a warning, two HAS.

So can you please let me know how I combine the two HAS in a way that works?

Thanks and peace.

Try this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]
{
	@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0]]
	{
		@amount *= 5					// 10
	}
}

and I think this will also work (not tested):

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],#CrewCapacity[>0]]