[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Could someone tell me why 2.6.8 is the latest one here, but other mods are packaging 2.6.12?

2.6.12 includes some minor bug fixes and enhancements that were implemented while sarbian was on vacation (Users Like Us fixed a few things, made pull requests, and he accepted them). I'm assuming that, with 1.0.5 so close, he's waiting until then to make a big public release out of it.

HI, this config is not working and I have been stumped for the last 2 hours

Ok im trying to write a with and without statement. I need to apply a certain engine FX and sound to an engine that contains fuel A , but not fuel B AND C

Here is my best attempt...............

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[Ethanol75],!PROPELLANT[LqdHydrogen],!PROPELLANT[Kerosene]]]

{stuff}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[LqdHydrogen],!PROPELLANT[Kerosene]]]

{stuff}

Edited by lextacy

Please, is there a way to hide a part from the VAB part list?

Not to unload from memory, but to hide from the list.

For example, I have defined a dummy part AbstractContainer, with the most common values for all my containers.

Then it is inherited by several other dummy parts AbstractContainerForLiquids, AbstractContainerForGases, AbstractContainerForPowders. They extend its functionality with relevant properties, models, textures.

At last the final parts have been defined: FuelTank, WaterTank, BioTank, etc.

The same with converters, etc.

All this works fine, but I have two dozens of "Abstract..." parts in the part list, which are never used directly, they are just "abstract classes" in terms of OOP. Can I hide them?

2.6.12 includes some minor bug fixes and enhancements that were implemented while sarbian was on vacation (Users Like Us fixed a few things, made pull requests, and he accepted them). I'm assuming that, with 1.0.5 so close, he's waiting until then to make a big public release out of it.

Ok thanks. I don't use very advanced MM features, so I'll just use 2.6.8 for my upcoming update.

It WAS in response to Sarbian.

Then you would know that 2.6.13 was recompile for KSP 1.0.5. Of course I don't know exactly how much testing sarbian did for this update, but given the scope of the changes in 1.0.5 it's unlikely that anything in MM broke, so a simple recompile should be sufficient for now.

So I downloaded the Karbonite Mod Pack as well as SCANsat, and for some reason the loader is stuck at module manager, let it sit for a while with no change. :(

Can someone help me out? I'd love to get back to KSP again

I can put of output log on DB if need be, but I know I must've done something really stupid.

So I downloaded the Karbonite Mod Pack as well as SCANsat, and for some reason the loader is stuck at module manager, let it sit for a while with no change. :(

I can put of output log on DB if need be, but I know I must've done something really stupid.

Welcome to the forums :)

The output log would be a good place to start. It's usually quite simple to identify the problem from it.

So I am trying to not be dummy but it's not working. I'm trying to make a MM patch to lengthen the firespitter strut wire. I'm missing something painfully obvious here. Could some one please tell me wht I'm doing wrong?

//Firespitter Patch

@PART[FSstrutConnectorWire]

{
@MODULE[StrutConnector]
{
maxLength = 100
}
}

You forgot a @ to edit the value (I guess)

//Firespitter Patch

@PART[FSstrutConnectorWire]

{
@MODULE[StrutConnector]
{
[B][COLOR=#ff0000]@[/COLOR][/B]maxLength = 100
}
}

I think I just figured it out - Sorry for for not trying a little longer before I gave up. This is the patch that worked.

//Firespitter Patch

@PART[FSstrutConnectorWire]:FIRST
{
@maxLength = 100
}
}

I have something similar: MM get stuck many times, if I left click with the mouse in KSP it continues to load. Debug window and error log doesn't show any errors.

I have something similar: MM get stuck many times, if I left click with the mouse in KSP it continues to load. Debug window and error log doesn't show any errors.

You clicked and it kept going?? I tried but it didnt work, I can see the Nuke Reactors and the SCANSAT Parts but I cant 'use' them

So this is probably a bit out of your scope, so sorry if I'm wasting your time.

I vaguely remember a mod that applied techtrees allowed you to choose the tree at the start of career. This was great because you could keep the same install and try out different careers. Could you emulate this somehow?