[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

1 hour ago, Rexeh said:

While loading on startup, I pause at this point.

I looked at some fixes, but they did not work. This is happening with 1.1. Is anyone else having this?

This is far after MM is done working. An other mod is doing it. You ll have to share you log in the Technical support subforum 

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/70-technical-support-modded-installs/

I am trying to add more tags to the parts for the search feature, however when I for exampe do this:

// Kickback
@PART[MassiveBooster]
{
	%tags = sounding
}

The previous tags get overwritten (no moar boosters), it will be found under the new tag tho. Is this behaviour correct or am I taking the wrong approach?

Edited by harryyoung

I have a question that I'm hoping someone might have an idea about. I was trying to set up some configs that would test for the existence of a custom TechTree node, and add it only if it's not already there. The nodes use "id" instead of "name" to identify them, and so I think something like the following won't work. Any ideas? I feel like the syntax for the second one should work, but I tried it and it didn't work as expected (even if the node doesn't exist, it evaluates true all the time, so the node always gets added as a duplicate).

EDIT: Just noticed above about .23 having the "&" to "add if not exists". Does this work with RDnodes?

@TechTree:HAS[!RDnode[myCustomNode]]
{
	RDnode{
		id = myCustomNode
	}
}

-or-

@TechTree:HAS[!RDnode[*]:HAS[#id[myCustomNode]]]
{
	RDnode{
		id = myCustomNode
	}
}

------

24 minutes ago, harryyoung said:

The previous tags get overwritten (no moar boosters), it will be found under the new tag tho. Is this behaviour correct or am I taking the wrong approach?

Adding tags should be pretty easy. Strings can be added onto by doing something like this:

@PART[MassiveBooster]
{
	%tags = #$tags$ sounding
}

The variable can reference itself and add something at the end.

That did it, thanks Necro

Now i am looking for a somewhat elegant solution to avoid a NullRef exception when adding this to a mod-part which does not have any tags as of now. The simple solution would be to just check all parts in the mod's folder first and if they do not have the tags field create one with a generic tag for that mod. while that works fine on a mod basis I'd also like to do tags globally and may not need to tag different mods individually. I'd like to avoid a global search tag to avoid this nullref if possible. Any ideas?

ok im using MM 2.6.23 (this also happened with .22) and doing the alt-F11 reload thing stops at 69% whether i click reload database, quickload, or dump to file. im on KSP 1.1 and use USI, EPL, FAR, KIS, KAS, KerbalStats, Mechjeb, Realchutes, and AVC.

5 minutes ago, Jagzeplin said:

ok im using MM 2.6.23 (this also happened with .22) and doing the alt-F11 reload thing stops at 69% whether i click reload database, quickload, or dump to file. im on KSP 1.1 and use USI, EPL, FAR, KIS, KAS, KerbalStats, Mechjeb, Realchutes, and AVC.

Make sure you're on the latest FAR - there was a NRE on database reloads previously.  If that's not it, whatever's causing the error will probably show itself in the log file.  I doubt it's MM's fault.

8 minutes ago, Jagzeplin said:

my Far is the "von Karmen" one which according to the forum is the latest. and my log is at http://www.filedropper.com/ksp_3

Ah right.  The but I was talking about was fixed in FAR's RealChuteLite, but still exists in RealChute.  Uninstall RealChute or don't do database reloads until it's fixed, I guess.

will do. thanks for prompt response.

edit- GRRRR now that i removed realchutes i cant open VAB or quit KSP without ctrl+alt+del. KSP is an ongoing struggle :( ill just reinstall Realchute and not use database reload. does it even help with anything? ive just been doing it for every version out of habit

Edited by Jagzeplin

15 hours ago, sarbian said:

v2.6.23 is out

• @blowfish patch to add & operator: insert only if it doesn't already exist
  • Fix for the insert NODE at position keeping the index in the node name that blowfish found
  • fix for nested constraint not looking past the first result

@Andem Changing a node is easy. I don't have the cfg for the part you talk about but it should look like :

@PART[megalador]
{
  @node_attach = the new values you want
}

It should work unless it uses more advanced config.

Thanks! I don't have much MM experiance, and I was using incorrect terms in the patch... :confused:

Sorry if this is a basic question but how do I install mods that use module manager. So far I have just been using the lastest version of module manager.dll in the gamedata folder and it seems to generate the other files it needs. I think everything is working fine

But my question is is it really that simple or am I supposed to do something else?

How do I install a new mod, they often come with another module manager file that is less recent, do I need to do something with this? where is the information in the mod written for module manager?

5 minutes ago, leocrumb said:

Sorry if this is a basic question but how do I install mods that use module manager. So far I have just been using the lastest version of module manager.dll in the gamedata folder and it seems to generate the other files it needs. I think everything is working fine

But my question is is it really that simple or am I supposed to do something else?

How do I install a new mod, they often come with another module manager file that is less recent, do I need to do something with this? where is the information in the mod written for module manager?

Just install the latest version.  Older versions will disable themselves anyway, but there's no reason to keep them around.

not sure where to ask this, so i guess ill ask here. im making a file full of small tweaks to my game (removing physics from light radial parts to help balancing, making some solarpanels refoldable, would like to nerf reaction wheels, etc.) however. none of my patches seem to work. ive gone through everything i could find, and fixed it temporarily, but then another edit reverted it and... you get the point. anyway, can anyone see anything wrong that would be causing the whole file to not apply?

making a small file of tweaks for myself with MM, so far have this, however, none of them get applied. what am i doing wrong?

@PART[sensorAccelerometer]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]
    {
        @xmitDataScalar = 1.0
    }
}
@PART[sensorGravimeter]
{
    {
        @xmitDataScalar = 1.0
    }
}
@PART[sensorBarometer]
{

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]]
{
    @RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]

{      
    %amount = 0      
    }
} 
//Communotron HG-55
@PART[HighGainAntenna]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//Communotron DTS-M1
@PART[mediumDishAntenna]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//SurfaceScanningModule
@PART[SurfaceScanner]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}

//nearfuture
//B-800 Rechargeable Battery
@PART[battery-rad-125]:AFTER[NearFutureElectrical]:NEED[NearFutureElectrical]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//CAP-101 Capacitor
@PART[capacitor-rad-0625]:AFTER[NearFutureElectrical]:NEED[NearFutureElectrical]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//CAP-106 Capacitor
@PART[capacitor-rad-0625-2]:AFTER[NearFutureElectrical]:NEED[NearFutureElectrical]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//OKEB-500 Blanket Photovoltaic Array
@PART[solarpanel-blanket-1]:AFTER[NearFutureSolar]:NEED[NearFutureSolar]
{
@retractable = true
}
//OKEB-100 Blanket Photovoltaic Array
@PART[solarpanel-blanket-2]:AFTER[NearFutureSolar]:NEED[NearFutureSolar]
{
@retractable = true
}

//remoteTech
//Communotron 32
@PART[RTLongAntenna2]:AFTER[RemoteTech]:NEED[RemoteTech]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//CommTech EXP-VR-2T
@PART[RTLongAntenna3]:AFTER[RemoteTech]:NEED[RemoteTech]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//Reflectron LL-5
@PART[RTLongDish1]:AFTER[RemoteTech]:NEED[RemoteTech]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//Reflectron DP-10
@PART[RTShortAntenna1]:AFTER[RemoteTech]:NEED[RemoteTech]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}

2 hours ago, toric5 said:

not sure where to ask this, so i guess ill ask here. im making a file full of small tweaks to my game (removing physics from light radial parts to help balancing, making some solarpanels refoldable, would like to nerf reaction wheels, etc.) however. none of my patches seem to work. ive gone through everything i could find, and fixed it temporarily, but then another edit reverted it and... you get the point. anyway, can anyone see anything wrong that would be causing the whole file to not apply?

Spoiler

making a small file of tweaks for myself with MM, so far have this, however, none of them get applied. what am i doing wrong?

@PART[sensorAccelerometer]
{
    {
        @xmitDataScalar = 1.0
    }
}
@PART[sensorGravimeter]
{
    {
        @xmitDataScalar = 1.0
    }
}
@PART[sensorBarometer]
{

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]]
{
    @RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]

{      
    %amount = 0      
    }
} 
//Communotron HG-55
@PART[HighGainAntenna]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//Communotron DTS-M1
@PART[mediumDishAntenna]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//SurfaceScanningModule
@PART[SurfaceScanner]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}

//nearfuture
//B-800 Rechargeable Battery
@PART[battery-rad-125]:AFTER[NearFutureElectrical]:NEED[NearFutureElectrical]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//CAP-101 Capacitor
@PART[capacitor-rad-0625]:AFTER[NearFutureElectrical]:NEED[NearFutureElectrical]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//CAP-106 Capacitor
@PART[capacitor-rad-0625-2]:AFTER[NearFutureElectrical]:NEED[NearFutureElectrical]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//OKEB-500 Blanket Photovoltaic Array
@PART[solarpanel-blanket-1]:AFTER[NearFutureSolar]:NEED[NearFutureSolar]
{
@retractable = true
}
//OKEB-100 Blanket Photovoltaic Array
@PART[solarpanel-blanket-2]:AFTER[NearFutureSolar]:NEED[NearFutureSolar]
{
@retractable = true
}

//remoteTech
//Communotron 32
@PART[RTLongAntenna2]:AFTER[RemoteTech]:NEED[RemoteTech]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//CommTech EXP-VR-2T
@PART[RTLongAntenna3]:AFTER[RemoteTech]:NEED[RemoteTech]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//Reflectron LL-5
@PART[RTLongDish1]:AFTER[RemoteTech]:NEED[RemoteTech]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}
//Reflectron DP-10
@PART[RTShortAntenna1]:AFTER[RemoteTech]:NEED[RemoteTech]
{
%PhysicsSignificance=1
}

I pasted all of your Module Manager script into a test file and ran KSP with just Module Manager and your script, expecting at least your code that modifies stock parts to be executed.

The code adjusting the xmitDataScalar for the Seismic and Gravity experiments runs, confirmed by checking the database with the debugger, but then I see you left out a bunch of expected lines for the Barometer.  I suspect Module Manager effectively choked on the syntax error there, as the Mk 1 Pod still has its 10 units of MP.

You should split your Module Manager scripts into smaller pieces, each aimed at modding or metamodding a simple target group of items from KSP or a mod.  For example, in your case: stock Science parts (including the antennas and the stock resource scanner), Command pods with MP, and Near Future Electrical & Solar parts.  Small pieces of code in separate files are easier to check that their syntax is correct and the code does what you want it to.  Indent all of your scripts, like you did with the first parts, so it's easier to notice when lines are left out and/or a syntax structure is not closed, like in the Barometer code.

Edited by Jacke

4 hours ago, toric5 said:

not sure where to ask this, so i guess ill ask here. im making a file full of small tweaks to my game (removing physics from light radial parts to help balancing, making some solarpanels refoldable, would like to nerf reaction wheels, etc.) however. none of my patches seem to work. ive gone through everything i could find, and fixed it temporarily, but then another edit reverted it and... you get the point. anyway, can anyone see anything wrong that would be causing the whole file to not apply

The sensorBarometer is missing a closing } and the content of the patch

Edited by sarbian

8 hours ago, sarbian said:

The sensorBarometer is missing a closing } and the content of the patch

10 hours ago, Jacke said:

I pasted all of your Module Manager script into a test file and ran KSP with just Module Manager and your script, expecting at least your code that modifies stock parts to be executed.

The code adjusting the xmitDataScalar for the Seismic and Gravity experiments runs, confirmed by checking the database with the debugger, but then I see you left out a bunch of expected lines for the Barometer.  I suspect Module Manager effectively choked on the syntax error there, as the Mk 1 Pod still has its 10 units of MP.

You should split your Module Manager scripts into smaller pieces, each aimed at modding or metamodding a simple target group of items from KSP or a mod.  For example, in your case: stock Science parts (including the antennas and the stock resource scanner), Command pods with MP, and Near Future Electrical & Solar parts.  Small pieces of code in separate files are easier to check that their syntax is correct and the code does what you want it to.  Indent all of your scripts, like you did with the first parts, so it's easier to notice when lines are left out and/or a syntax structure is not closed, like in the Barometer code.

thanks guys. in a side question, how do you ad math to a patch? so to nerf reaction wheels, i would do this:

@module[ModuleReactionWheel]
{
	@PitchTorque = ?
	@YawTorque = ?
	@RollTorque = ?
}

now, what would i put into the ? to multiply the old number by say, .5?

5 minutes ago, toric5 said:

thanks guys. in a side question, how do you ad math to a patch? so to nerf reaction wheels, i would do this:

@module[ModuleReactionWheel]
{
	@PitchTorque = ?
	@YawTorque = ?
	@RollTorque = ?
}

now, what would i put into the ? to multiply the old number by say, .5?

Math is in the operator.  So @pitchTorque /= 5 will divide it by 5, @pitchTorque *= 5 will multiply it by 5

Got this error while trying to update Module Manager (http://i.imgur.com/9tHgPXo.png). 

CKAN later froze and had to be force closed.  Upon reopening it states "Installed version: 1.1" and "Latest version: 1.1" but I still have a little checkmark allowing me to update (http://i.imgur.com/Uhrv4CI.png).  This seems to create a loop.  I try to update, it fails with that message, freezes CKAN causing me to force close, I repopen, update is still available.

Aside from that, the mod appears to be working correctly, though time will tell for sure.  Any and all help is appreciated.

10 minutes ago, GoldenGonzo said:

Got this error while trying to update Module Manager (http://i.imgur.com/9tHgPXo.png). 

CKAN later froze and had to be force closed.  Upon reopening it states "Installed version: 1.1" and "Latest version: 1.1" but I still have a little checkmark allowing me to update (http://i.imgur.com/Uhrv4CI.png).  This seems to create a loop.  I try to update, it fails with that message, freezes CKAN causing me to force close, I repopen, update is still available.

Aside from that, the mod appears to be working correctly, though time will tell for sure.  Any and all help is appreciated.

This should go in the CKAN thread, that error doesn't have anything to do with MM.

Just trying to make a simple script to disable the smoke trails on the Panther. According to the hotrockets cfg, this should be all I need but no dice.

@PART[turboJet]
{
	!fx_smokeTrail_light
}

I've also tried working my way down the path:

@PART[turboJet]
{
	@EFFECTS
	{
		@running_dry
		{
			-PREFAB_PARTICLE[fx_smokeTrail_light]
		}

@running_wet
		{
		}
	}
}

Am I missing something obvious here?

9 minutes ago, Styles2304 said:

Just trying to make a simple script to disable the smoke trails on the Panther. According to the hotrockets cfg, this should be all I need but no dice.

@PART[turboJet]
{
	!fx_smokeTrail_light
}

I've also tried working my way down the path:

@PART[turboJet]
{
	@EFFECTS
	{
		@running_dry
		{
		}

@running_wet
		{
		}
	}
}

Am I missing something obvious here?

Try 

!fx_smokeTrail_light = DEL

And you need to put that inside the proper node

Edited by Sigma88

Hi!

I'm trying to modify the multiple ModuleResourceConverter sections of the ISRU part. However, all I know is using @MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]. How do I write an MM config that targets the 'ConverterName =' line afterwards?