[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

2 minutes ago, OldLost said:

Is it just me, or did the new version of MM break MechJeb? Still on 1.1, BTW...

When I go back to MM 2.6.23 MechJeb starts working again.

Yes, because 2.6.24 is for KSP 1.1.2.  Never assume compatibility.

2 minutes ago, OldLost said:

I did not assume anything. I use CKAN, and CKAN updated MM to 2.6.24, even though I still use 1.1.

Well, you assumed that CKAN has the correct version information, which it usually doesn't after a KSP release :P

ok so i am on ksp 1.1 and when loading ksp for some reason it takes AGES when it gets to module manager and it stops when it says something along the lines of BEFORE[AREALSCALEBOOSTERS] pass and for some reason it takes about 3 minutes then changes to FOR[AREALSCALEBOOSTERS] pass then another three minutes and then AFTER[AREALSCALEBOOSTERS] pass... and i have about 100 mods but ive left it on all night from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am and its still loading... any idea why its hovering right here? also i should mention that it is extremely fast up until each and every mod does the BEFORE, FOR, AND AFTER thing... any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Output.log:  https://mega.nz/#!9k5ViYQQ!1r9hA5XFjkx9Kmsazm8oZbhjsia3l7iupdjCY--iov8

My game freezes during loading after upgrading to 1.1.2, along with upgrading MM and all the other mods I can upgrade with ckan.

I then deleted the module manager config cache things and game's working now.

Edited by naidis

24 minutes ago, Thorman said:

ok so i am on ksp 1.1 and when loading ksp for some reason it takes AGES when it gets to module manager and it stops when it says something along the lines of BEFORE[AREALSCALEBOOSTERS] pass and for some reason it takes about 3 minutes then changes to FOR[AREALSCALEBOOSTERS] pass then another three minutes and then AFTER[AREALSCALEBOOSTERS] pass... and i have about 100 mods but ive left it on all night from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am and its still loading... any idea why its hovering right here? also i should mention that it is extremely fast up until each and every mod does the BEFORE, FOR, AND AFTER thing... any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Output.log:  https://mega.nz/#!9k5ViYQQ!1r9hA5XFjkx9Kmsazm8oZbhjsia3l7iupdjCY--iov8

That usually indicates an error in a config file

2 minutes ago, Thorman said:

Is there an easy way to figure out which mod(s) have the error?

you will need to look at the log file, but after looking at your file, it wasn't opbvious to me.  

Try deleting the Real Scale Boosters to start (just a guess)

4 minutes ago, Seeker89 said:

Silly question... why can't I get this to work?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceLab]
 {

@MODULE
[ModuleScienceLab]
 	{  
	@dataStorage = 15000
	}
}

try this

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceLab]]
 {

@MODULE[ModuleScienceLab]
    {  
    @dataStorage = 15000
    }
}

EDIT: You are missing the last bracket in the part line....... (and this thing autoposted somehow.....???!!!)

Edited by Warezcrawler

8 hours ago, Warezcrawler said:

try this

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceLab]]
 {

@MODULE[ModuleScienceLab]
    {  
    @dataStorage = 15000
    }
}

EDIT: You are missing the last bracket in the part line....... (and this thing autoposted somehow.....???!!!)

sorry but this didn't work... 

8 minutes ago, Seeker89 said:

sorry but this didn't work... 

I don't know what to tell you.....

According to the documentation, and my past experience using MM it should work.

I've created and tested this cfg file, which works just fine. >>miniTEST.cfg<<. It is exactly what we talked about. I tested it against the stock sciencelab. Hope you are using a valid MM plugin. For KSP 1.1.2 it's currently 2.6.24.

Highlights from documentation

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines]]
{
  ...(stuff)
}
@PART[SomePart] // Edit a PART node named "SomePart".
{
    @mass = 0.625 // change SomePart's mass to 0.625
    @description = SomePart: now uses Xenon! // Changes the value from the "description" item. In this case, a text.

@MODULE[ModuleEngines] // Edit SomePart's node MODULE named "ModuleEngines"
    {
        @maxThrust = 2.25  // Changes maxThrust to 225

@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel] // Edit SomePart's node PROPELLANT named "LiquidFuel"
        {
            @name = XenonGas // Changes the PROPELLANT node name from LiquidFuel to XenonGas.
            @ratio = 1.0 // Changes the ratio value.
        }

@atmosphereCurve // Edit SomePart's node atmosphereCurve. Note that this node doesn't have a name.
        {
            @key,0 = 0 390 // Edits the FIRST "key" Key from the "atmosphereCurve"
            @key,1 = 1 320 // Edits the SECOND "key" Key from the "atmosphereCurve" property
        }

!PROPELLANT[Oxidizer] {} // Removes the node PROPELLANT named "Oxidizer" from the PART.
    }

RESOURCE // Creates a new node RESOURCE in the PART.
    {
        name = ElectricCharge // Adds a name to the node RESOURCE
        amount = 100 // Adds "amount" and its value to this node
        maxAmount = 100 Adds "maxAmount" and its value to this node
    }
}

I want to edit the attach nodes of the KOMSOS parts so that they are properly useable.

@PART[Kosmos_*]:HAS[!~node_stack_bottom[],!~node_stack_top[]]:NEEDS[KOSMOS]:FINAL
{
	%bottom = #$node_stack_bottom$
	@node_stack_bottom = #$../bottom
	@node_stack_bottom[5,] = -1

%top = #$node_stack_top$
	@node_stack_top = #$../top
}

This is my patch to modify the nodes, but I'm not so sure about the index of the bottom node.

Can anyone give me an advice?