When I apply this patch:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]]
{
	@ModuleDataTransmitter
	{
		%requiredResource = ScientifficStuff
	}
}

It applies it, but the transmitters stil use EC, the description didn't change either.

However when I apply the whole transmitter module to a random part via patch and just change the resource after I copy pasted it into my config, it works.

I just don't see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

21 hours ago, hawk_za said:

as for all those that complain well ...just uninstall the mod its your choice too install it and its for free so lets not look a gift cat in the mouth so to say :>

It's basically the mod author saying "i have the power to inconvenience you my either defacing the KSP loading screen, or not using this essential mod, and for some reason i need to demonstrate that power". 

It's extremely childish.

On 10/13/2016 at 6:28 PM, Laguna said:

@ThePhoenixSol, this might be a bit late, but here's an example of how to edit and add tech nodes in the tech tree. Note, you need to use HAS[#id[tech tree node id]] to alter tech tree node names.

Hide contents

@TechTree
{
        @RDNode:HAS[#id[basicRocketry]]
    {
        @cost = 10
    }

RDNode
    {
        id = basicHeatManagement
        title = Basic Heat Management
        description = Simple heat radiators to help keep ships from overheating.
        cost = 90
        hideEmpty = False
        nodeName = ct_basicHeatManagement
        anyToUnlock = False
        icon = RDicon_aerodynamics-heavy
        pos = -1723, 380, -1
        scale = 0.6
        Parent
        {
            parentID = basicScience
            lineFrom = RIGHT        
            lineTo = LEFT
        }
    }
}

yea, you were a bit late on the topic i was asking for..... buuuut you totally just helped me with an issue i didnt even know i would have :P

would you happen to know a fix for the parts a node unlocks not showing up? its likely being caused by the fact that there is a LOT of parts unlocked in it... its the start node, and i made about every plane part, barring a few, be unlocked at the start. so thats like 40 parts or something.

Oh, and is there anywhere that lists all the icons i can use for tech tree nodes?... along with the name used in the cfg for it?

4 hours ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

yea, you were a bit late on the topic i was asking for..... buuuut you totally just helped me with an issue i didnt even know i would have :P

would you happen to know a fix for the parts a node unlocks not showing up? its likely being caused by the fact that there is a LOT of parts unlocked in it... its the start node, and i made about every plane part, barring a few, be unlocked at the start. so thats like 40 parts or something.

Oh, and is there anywhere that lists all the icons i can use for tech tree nodes?... along with the name used in the cfg for it?

Do you mean the parts you moved to the Start node (or any node) not showing up there?  I had the same problem, and I solved it by using :AFTER[Squad] in the @PART declaration.  Not sure if I was doing something wrong or is there is something I don't know about, but using :AFTER[Squad] made my moved parts appear in their new locations.

There is a nice list of the stock tech tree nodes on the wiki.  Most (but not all as I saw) of the icons are stored in /Gamedata/Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons.  As was mentioned, /Gamedata/Squad/Resources/TechTree.cfg has the actual names of the icons used.

47 minutes ago, Laguna said:

I had the same problem, and I solved it by using :AFTER[Squad] in the @PART declaration.  Not sure if I was doing something wrong or is there is something I don't know about, but using :AFTER[Squad] made my moved parts appear in their new locations.

Unless there are other conflicting patches, this shouldn't make a difference.  The stock configs only create nodes, meaning that they're all done before MM does anything.

23 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Unless there are other conflicting patches, this shouldn't make a difference.  The stock configs only create nodes, meaning that they're all done before MM does anything.

Hmm, I'm also using Community Tech Tree, as I moved stock and mod parts to other stock and CTT nodes.  The parts didn't show up in the CTT nodes either unless I use :AFTER.

3 minutes ago, Laguna said:

Hmm, I'm also using Community Tech Tree, as I moved stock and mod parts to other stock and CTT nodes.  The parts didn't show up in the CTT nodes either unless I use :AFTER.

Strange.  Were you using a new save each time?  I know KSP stores some tech tree information in the save file.

Just now, blowfish said:

Strange.  Were you using a new save each time?  I know KSP stores some tech tree information in the save file.

Yep, started a new sandbox save every time I made a change.  The first time I used :AFTER. on a test case of moving a single part to the Start node, the part appeared in Start.  So now I use it for every moved part. :)

21 minutes ago, Laguna said:

Yep, started a new sandbox save every time I made a change.  The first time I used :AFTER. on a test case of moving a single part to the Start node, the part appeared in Start.  So now I use it for every moved part. :)

I could not replicate this.  Using this patch and creating a new save moved the RAPIER to the start node, as expected

Spoiler

@PART[RAPIER]
{
	@TechRequired = start
}

@blowfish @Laguna no no no. the parts get moved there... and aparently its random cause when i went to get a screenshot it wasnt doing it anymore. but basically, they get moved there, but if you look at the following picture, instead of showing the icons, or showing there are no parts in the node, it just shows an empty box where they should be.

and also, any fix for the issue seen in the picture below? where parts show up multiple times when only in there once.

CfFmtA7.png

Edited by ThePhoenixSol

@5thHorseman

hi sir, is there any problem with this patch?

Spoiler

@PART[commDish]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:AFTER[RemoteTech]:FINAL
{
    %TechRequired = advScienceTech
    !MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]{}
    MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
        Mode0DishRange = 0
        Mode1DishRange = 400000000000
        EnergyCost = 2.80
        MaxQ = 6000
        DishAngle = 0.005

DeployFxModules = 0

TRANSMITTER {
            PacketInterval = 0.3
            PacketSize = 2
            PacketResourceCost = 15.0
        }
    }
}

no matter what i try, it's being ignored for remote tech 1.8.0-5-dev, or in this special case, it will remove the ModuleRTAntenna, but not adding it back to the part with my settings ! if the patch is ok, then i need to bother the developer of remote tech :/

Edit : tried this one too, but this one is totally being ignored

Spoiler

@PART[commDish] :FOR[RemoteTech]:AFTER[RemoteTech]:FINAL
{
    %TechRequired = advScienceTech
    @MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
    {
        %allowManualControl = false
    }
    %MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
        %Mode0DishRange = 0
        %Mode1DishRange = 400000000000
        %EnergyCost = 2.80
        %MaxQ = 6000
        %DishAngle = 0.005

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
            %PacketResourceCost = 15.0
        }
    }

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

O~K got it working here is the patch

Spoiler

@PART[commDish]:AFTER[RemoteTech]:FINAL
{
    %MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
        %Mode0DishRange = 0
        %Mode1DishRange = 400000000000
        %EnergyCost = 2.80
        %MaxQ = 6000
        %DishAngle = 0.005

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
            %PacketResourceCost = 15.0
        }
    }
}

Edited by Jiraiyah

on a side note, what will happen if i want to remove a part from the whole game using MM patches? would !PART[blah] work? and would it be removed from memory too or would the game keep it loaded in memory but not show it up in part list?

4 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

on a side note, what will happen if i want to remove a part from the whole game using MM patches? would !PART[blah] work? and would it be removed from memory too or would the game keep it loaded in memory but not show it up in part list?

KSP will still load the model and textures (because these are loaded before parts are parsed).  I don't remember if the memory eventually gets freed or not.

Edited by blowfish

Just now, blowfish said:

KSP will still load the model and textures (because these are loaded before parts are parsed).

thanks sir, damn i was hopping to get rid of the parts the easy way without a need to keep track of what i delete between game installs, oh well.

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

KSP will still load the model and textures (because these are loaded before parts are parsed).  I don't remember if the memory eventually gets freed or not.

At the end of the loading part of each log there should be a line saying that unused assets have been unloaded.

Not sure if that includes parts

Anyone know how to get that stupid rainbow cat off the load screen with the KSP 1.2 , it so annoying and unprofessional, I know its Module Manager because every time I load a mod with the updated Module Manager that rainbow cat shows up which is forcing me not to load any mods with Module Manager.

6 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

Not sure if that includes parts

I'm guessing it would ... KSP has no way of knowing if a model or texture belongs to a part or not if it isn't already attached to a part.  Hard to say for sure though.

6 hours ago, Calidar said:

Anyone know how to get that stupid rainbow cat off the load screen with the KSP 1.2 , it so annoying and unprofessional, I know its Module Manager because every time I load a mod with the updated Module Manager that rainbow cat shows up which is forcing me not to load any mods with Module Manager.

That will disappear in 12 days by itself, yah it's module manager and apparently, developer of the mod likes that nyan nyan cat, but he made it so that it will not load up in 1st November.