[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Hi I am having a really annoying issue.  I have a patch that adds ablation to all flight surfaces to represent active cooling.  But I have some mod somewhere that MM patches all ModuleControlSurface to something else.  I have no idea what the name of this new module is and my patch targets ModuleControlSurface so with that being changed across the board to something I have no idea of I can not patch any control surfaces to have active cooling.  Is there anyway for me to find out what the name of this new control surface module is so I can add that to the target list for my patch?

1 hour ago, captinjoehenry said:

Hi I am having a really annoying issue.  I have a patch that adds ablation to all flight surfaces to represent active cooling.  But I have some mod somewhere that MM patches all ModuleControlSurface to something else.  I have no idea what the name of this new module is and my patch targets ModuleControlSurface so with that being changed across the board to something I have no idea of I can not patch any control surfaces to have active cooling.  Is there anyway for me to find out what the name of this new control surface module is so I can add that to the target list for my patch?

Look in the MM Cache file (created by MM in Gamedata) and search for a part that is being altered. Look through the part config in the cache to find the name of the module. 

Link to output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kz40nngotcobkc0/output_log.txt?dl=0

I need help modifying the dry mass of the cryogenic tanks such as the Mondo-60 Hydrogen Tank because the dry mass is way heavier than the hydrogen propellant mass inside the tank, I tried writing a module manager config in the game data folder first and also changing the lh2zbofactor = 0.6049 in the SMURFF config notepad to lh2zbofactor = 0.301072. However, this did not change the CryoTank hydrogen tanks' dry mass and they still remain heavier than their hydrogen propellant mass. The parts that I'm trying to change the mass of belongs to the CryoTanks mod under the Kerbal Atomics: Fancy Nuclear Engines mod. The module manager config file that I wrote was called CryogenicTank.cfg and inside the config file I wrote:

// This is to config the dry mass of the cryogenic tanks to be lighter

@PART[hydrogen-10-1]:Final
{
  mass = 0.25
}

@PART[hydrogen-25-1]:Final  
{
  mass = 0.25
}

@PART[hydrogen-25-2]:Final  
{
  mass = 0.25
}

@PART[hydrogen-25-3]:Final  
{
  mass = 0.25
}

@PART[hydrogen-125-1]:Final  
{
  mass = 0.25
}

@PART[hydrogen-125-2]:Final  
{
  mass = 0.25
}

@PART[hydrogen-375-1]:Final  
{
  mass = 0.25
}

@PART[hydrogen-375-2]:Final  
{
  mass = 0.25
}

@PART[hydrogen-375-3]:Final  
{
  mass = 0.25
}

@PART[hydrogen-radial-25-1]:Final  
{
  mass = 0.25
}

@PART[hydrogen-radial-125-1]:Final  
{
  mass = 0.25
}

@PART[hydrogen-radial-375-1]:Final  
{
  mass = 0.25
}

There were no module manager errors while booting up KSP which meant the lines were correct, however the mass of the tanks are still unchanged and I'm unable to use hydrogen tanks as a viable tank to prevent boiloff and interplanetary travel. If anyone sees this I've been spending the whole day trying to change the mass of the tanks, and I'm now desperate to fix this issue. Any help will be much appreciated. KSP version is 1.2.2

I just want to check something.

If there are two different versions of Module Manager in Gamedata, the older version deactivates.

I had't run KSP for a while, did an orgy of updating, and while everything loaded I got two copies of the patch-count message displayed, same vertical position, but slightly offset horizontally.

Deleting the older version of the .dll fixed this.

Other things were being awkward, and as part of the general sort-out I later deleted the four MM-generated files. which cut the total patch-count by about 10%

Since there was a major-version change, 2.x.x to 3.x.x, I'm wondering if I missed a special instruction for that situation, or whether the general deactivation process has changed.

The first part is known and not really bad. The patcher of an old version deactivate itself but the component that does the display does not.

The second part is more troublesome. Are you sure you did not change anything else than removing the old MM when the patch count changed ?

I have a question....

If a mod is compiled using an older version of ModuleManager, would upgrading to a new version of ModuleManager break those mods that were built using a slightly older version?

I am running the latest KSP 1.3.1 (Steam), at least I think that is the KSP version I have, but Steam Auto Updates so I know I should have the latest version of KSP. I have ModuleManger 2.8.1. The mods that I installed already came with 2.8.1, would it be ok to upgrade to 3.0.4 without breaking the mods I have installed?

I have been playing and modding KSP since it was in very early Alpha or Beta, before KSP even came to steam. I bought it again for Steam to support the KSP and the KSP Devs.

And why does a Forum Moderator have to approve my post? Do I have to do something to verify my account besides verifying my Email?

Do I have to login to steam somewhere on this forum to verify I own the game?

24 minutes ago, jrw7326 said:

I'm having issues downloading the file, like the links are not working even when i go to CKAN

Same here.
I'll wait until tomorrow. Probably a server that's dealing with alot of traffic for some reason or hung up.

11 hours ago, sarbian said:

Yeah, the server network went down and I restarted it before leaving for work. I'll try to find out the problem origin tonight.

Working now. Thanks for all your hard work with MM! :)

Hmm, the cats have been busy. There are considerably more of them than I remember, not that I mind.

Is this a normal feature, or does it indicate that MM is detecting some wonkiness in my (new) install?

26 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Hmm, the cats have been busy. There are considerably more of them than I remember, not that I mind.

Is this a normal feature, or does it indicate that MM is detecting some wonkiness in my (new) install?

You're right, there was only one on the bottom of screen before but now there are considerably more and flying around like a firework out of control.

For me, it's happen suddenly with an old install. Strange, there was a timer in MM?