[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

21 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I'd go with two-pass: One patch applies a dummy module (Z) on B or C, the second applies on A not Z.

If you want to be clean, then do a third afterwards that removes Z.

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/

26 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

" You can use & for AND, | for OR and ! for NOT in the needs listing. "

NEEDS != HAS

Edited by sarbian

I stand by my two-pass solution.  First pass, patch to apply a dummy module, second pass filter by AND NOT (which HAS allows - it's in one of the examples).

First pass may require multiple patches, one per module you'd want in the OR statement.  (Sorry, I didn't have much time for my previous post.)

Of course, all passes can be in a single patch file - and probably should be, to make sure they're ordered correctly.

hmm First pass @PART[ B | C | D ] { MODULE { name = delete_me }}

Second pass @PART:HAS[ A ] { MODULE { name = keep_me }}

Third pass @PART:HAS[ A & MODULE[delete_me]] { -MODULE[delete_me] {} -MODULE[keep_me] {}}

In example, part B gets delete_me module, then part B also gets keep_me because B fulfills :HAS[A], finally part B has both delete_me and keep_me modules removed. This would leave anything that fulfilled :HAS[A] with a keep_me module IF they are not parts B or C or D and no part would still have a  delete_me module.

I like it, I will give it a try out.

Edited by Apaseall

edit.

Now that I have typed it out, I see no reason for the third pass or a dummy module. If the first pass gives the keep_me module to all parts :HAS[A], then the second pass @PART[B | C | D]:HAS[A] could just -MODULE[keep_me] {}.

15 hours ago, blowfish said:

@Apaseall spaces break node names (KSP limitation, not MM).  @PART[B|C|D] will work, @PART[ B | C | D ]  will not 

Yes, a couple of post earlier I mentioned that I added the spaces here to make the code a bit easier to read. In the actual patch there are none. You are quite correct.

3 hours ago, sarbian said:

Well 1.4 is out and it sneaked on me. I ll update later today but since I see no one complaining I guess it justwork™ ?

Same here.  Must be a first for a major update to either not have major breaks or no complaining!

Either that or people with sticks are treating the bears with caution, especially after the EULA discussions. :)

Peace.

Just now, theJesuit said:

Same here.  Must be a first for a major update to either not have major breaks or no complaining!

Either that or people with sticks are treating the bears with caution, especially after the EULA discussions. :)

Peace.

Some days you get the EULA and other days the EULA gets you. 

3 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Some days you get the EULA and other days the EULA gets you. 

In Soviet Russia [Capitalist America?] the EULA mods you!

I'll see myself out for getting off topic.  Thank you @sarbian for your ongoing contributions to way of life KSP is for so many.

Peace.

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

In Soviet Russia [Capitalist America?] the EULA mods you!

I'll see myself out for getting off topic.  Thank you @sarbian for your ongoing contributions to way of life KSP is for so many.

Peace.

Yeah we might have to switch that one around these days...

Hello,

I use seperate KSP folders, one for steam one for my server. I haven't updated my server folder to 1.4, it is still 1.3.1

But since it was only a compatibility update, I updated module manager. Now my ships won't load and I get a lot of this error in the log file;

[EXC 21:16:22.255] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    FlightCamera.UpdateCameraTransform ()
    FlightCamera.LateUpdate ()

Could it be the updated module manager which causes this?

2 hours ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Hello,

I use seperate KSP folders, one for steam one for my server. I haven't updated my server folder to 1.4, it is still 1.3.1

But since it was only a compatibility update, I updated module manager. Now my ships won't load and I get a lot of this error in the log file;

[EXC 21:16:22.255] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    FlightCamera.UpdateCameraTransform ()
    FlightCamera.LateUpdate ()

Could it be the updated module manager which causes this?

Looks like something different than MM. I would guess this does not happen at loadup time, but rather after you load your savegame? Does not point to MM if you ask me.

Just now, Warezcrawler said:

Looks like something different than MM. I would guess this does not happen at loadup time, but rather after you load your savegame? Does not point to MM if you ask me.

This was the most printed error, I can send the whole log file if you like?

I can load the game, I can go back and forth between facilities, but when I "fly" a ship, the scenery loads but there's nothing there except the planet, and the camera moves bit by bit towards somewhere by itself.

I use CameraTools and docking port camera mods but those are not updated and I haven't touched them.

I'm so sad right now =(

Just now, Smart Parts Wanter said:

This was the most printed error, I can send the whole log file if you like?

I can load the game, I can go back and forth between facilities, but when I "fly" a ship, the scenery loads but there's nothing there except the planet, and the camera moves bit by bit towards somewhere by itself.

I use CameraTools and docking port camera mods but those are not updated and I haven't touched them.

I'm so sad right now =(

try removing those.... that is probably it.... this correlates with the fact that your error regards "FlightCamera".

Good luck

6 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

sorry, didn't pay attention to the version bellow the list, just  checked the post title i think and thought the latest version was for 1.3.1, sorry for trouble

Sarbian was joking. He hadn’t updated the main page yet. The KIS modder probably grabbed 3.05 straight from Sarbian’s server. 

wat would cause all docking ports in the game across all mods to be missing. from squad ports, mk2, mk3, near future. all  of them are gone.

i updated to ksp 1.4 and updated a few mods tat are available  in 1.4 as well.  mod rocket system, dr jets chop shop, tac fuel balancer, kerbal reusability, intersteller extended,.

i played 1 day just fine then the next no docking ports. i built a station using the spacedock mod and then shut off the game. when i came back the next day no ports were anywhere in any tab

anyone have a clue how to fix this?