[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

@komodo not sure I got what you are asking but:

as far as I know, doing math on vectors is not possible yet.
you'll need to 1- extract the values / 2- do math on them / 3- rebuild the vector

as far as wildcards, they don't work for node and attribute types, just for checking their content.

anyway, unless the mod you want to change uses customizable node/attributes types, you can just list all the possible combinations and you'll be fine.

It'll be a bit long, but I've had worse problems :D

12 hours ago, sarbian said:

Not with MM. It require changes in MJ. I have been thinking about having an option to do that but it won't come for a while. My current goal is to rewrite some part of MJ that I will need to change before 1.1. I ll try to add a modular way to unblock functions while doing that.

Thanks for the reply, and it's good to hear you have a similar idea on your radar :)

I just tried version 2.6.15 (which was bundled with SpaceY, I've let necrobones know too), and it really messed with the kopernicus planet packs I had installed (OPM and KPlus). Planet's orbits were set to circular flat orbits and lost custom colours, planets lost moons, and ships changed the planets they were orbiting. Eg: a view from the tracking station: http://i.imgur.com/VXSFsZq.jpg

I reverted to 2.6.13 and reloaded a backup (thank you S.A.V.E. lol) and everything was back to normal.

15 minutes ago, Rodger said:

I just tried version 2.6.15 (which was bundled with SpaceY, I've let necrobones know too), and it really messed with the kopernicus planet packs I had installed (OPM and KPlus). Planet's orbits were set to circular flat orbits and lost custom colours, planets lost moons, and ships changed the planets they were orbiting. Eg: a view from the tracking station: http://i.imgur.com/VXSFsZq.jpg

I reverted to 2.6.13 and reloaded a backup (thank you S.A.V.E. lol) and everything was back to normal.

I tried OPM 1.9.1 + Kopernicus 0.6.3 + MM 2.6.15 and it seem to work fine

Here's the log from launching just after replacing MM13 with MM15, and loading my save. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qm0m2srfpq4cus3/Player.log?dl=0

And the modlist from AVC:

Spoiler

KSP: 1.0.5 (Unix) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Mac OS X 10.11.1
Filter Extensions - 2.4.1.3
USI Tools - 0.5.5
B9 Animation Modules - 1.0
B9 Aerospace - 5.4
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.1
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.1.4
ChuteSafetyIndicator - 1.0.2
Color Coded Canisters - 1.4.2
Colorful Fuel Lines - 0.3.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.4.8
Contract Configurator - 1.9.1
Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor - 1.4.2
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.1.2
Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.0.1
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.5.5
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.1
Dynamic Deflection - 1.1.3
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.0.1
Engine Lighting - 1.4.1
Firespitter - 7.1.5
Fuel Tanks Plus - 1.5
HeatControl - 0.2.1
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.18
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.5
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.19.2
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.4
HyperEdit - 1.4.2
KerboKatzUtilities - 1.2.9
ForScienceContinued! - 1.0.4
NearFutureElectrical - 0.6
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.5.4
NearFutureSolar - 0.5.5
NearFutureSolar - 0.4.4
S.A.V.E - 1.2.4.1314
Outer Planets Mod - 1.9 (is definitely 1.9.1, I guess it's version file wasn't updated from 1.9 - 1.9.1)
Pilot Assistant - 1.12.4
PlanetShine - 0.2.4.2
QuickScroll - 1.3.2
QuickSearch - 1.1.4
RCS Build Aid - 0.7.6
RealChute - 1.3.2.6
RemoteTech - 1.6.9
SCANsat - 1.1.4.5
Sigma Binary - 1.3.2
SpaceY Expanded - 1.1
SpaceY Lifters - 1.8
StageRecovery - 1.6.1
TakeCommand - 1.3
TextureReplacer - 2.4.11
Alternate Resource Panel - 2.7.3
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.5
Transfer Window Planner - 1.4
TweakScale - 2.2.5
UbioWeldingLtd 1.0.5 Release - 2.2.2
USI Core - 0.1.2
USI Exploration Pack - 0.4.3
Freight Transport Tech - 0.4.3
Karibou - 0.1.1
UKS - 0.31.12
USI-LS - 0.2
USI Survivability Pack - 0.3.3
VenStockRevamp - 1.9
Waypoint Manager - 2.4.4
OSE Workshop - 0.12
[x] Science! - 4.12

And Kopernicus doesn't seem to be on the list, but it's 0.6.3

Greetings, sarbian. I hope you can understand this text, I don't speak English very well.

There's an issue in my 1.05 (1028) KSP with the Module Manager (yes, I updated it to the 2.6.16 version, but it persists), is simply this: the atmospheric drag no more works, is like if Kerbin wouldn't have an atmosphere. The reentry effects are visible, but no drag is produced.

I done some tests, and it's seems to be related with the "PartDatabase" file. When I install MM and run the game, the size of the file decreases from 123 kB to 78 kB, I compared the smaller with the bigger and original file, that is in a different folder, and discovered that in the option "cube" that is in every part, many numbers of many parts are set to zero.

I even tried to replace the files, but the game automatically undoes it.

Here are the game logs (if necessary) and the "PartDatabase" files (with MM and without MM), respectively:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7bugr6u1bktj6m/output_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dg92vhr1h9kpplw/PartDatabase%20%28with%20MM%29.cfg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uuliquidqvufgpb23/PartDatabase%20%28without%20MM%29.cfg?dl=0

Edited by Terráqueo

53 minutes ago, sarbian said:

I see nothing wrong in the log. Can you try 2.6.13 to see if this is a problem with what was added recently ?

Thanks for replying. I tried this before, and even tried a fresh MM download now, but I have no result.

As I cited previously, the problem seems to be relationed with the "PartDatabase" file, because when I uninstall MM and replace the PD file (after opening KSP with MM) by another file from a fresh install, the problem disappears, I'm using the stock aerodynamics, because FAR is crashing the game.

This issue beginned with the new aerodynamics, I remember it since the KSP's 1.02 version, and MM automatically sets to zero the "cube" option of many parts in the "PartDatabase" file. Is that "set to zero" normal or is just happening with me?

EDIT: I tried to install the MM 2.5.13 in a fresh KSP install in another directory, and the same thing is happening: the option "cube" is set to zero in many parts and there is not drag.

Edited by Terráqueo

hum, I had missed something in the log. At the start you have a bunch of "WARNING: Shader Unsupported:" and I see that your graphic card only has 64MB ? I guess the game fails to rebuild the cube since it can't render the part with the proper shader.

Sorry but I am afraid I can not help here.

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How does modulemanager know the name of a mod?  Very specifically, I want to write something which checks for the existence of a specific ContractPack, it doesn't have any dll associated with it

Thanks

:NEEDS[FolderName]

where foldername is the name of the folder where the mod is installed (GameData/FolderName)

this (as far as I know) works only with folders directly inside GameData, not all the subfolders

alternatively, if the mod you want to check uses :FOR[Something] then you can use that "something" in your :NEEDS[Something]

10 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

:NEEDS[FolderName]

where foldername is the name of the folder where the mod is installed (GameData/FolderName)

this (as far as I know) works only with folders directly inside GameData, not all the subfolders

alternatively, if the mod you want to check uses :FOR[Something] then you can use that "something" in your :NEEDS[Something]

Won't work, since the folder is 3 deep, and since this is a contract pack which I want to change depending on if another contract pack is installed, the NEEDS won't work either.

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Won't work, since the folder is 3 deep, and since this is a contract pack which I want to change depending on if another contract pack is installed, the NEEDS won't work either.

I'll need to see the folder structure of these "contracts" and the cfg they use to give you any other tip.

But I think should be possible to do it

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

I'll need to see the folder structure of these "contracts" and the cfg they use to give you any other tip.

But I think should be possible to do it

GameData\ContractPacks\Spacetux\UnmannedContracts

GameData\ContractPacks\Spacetux\RoverContracts

All files are .cfg files

Unless I hear something better, I'll just go ahead and create a dummy dll for these

I have a cfg file for ModuleManager, which I know is being read and applied, because it's adding my module to all engines - just as I want it to.  However, FailChance seems to remain zero, regardless of whether I use @ or not.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],@RESOURCE[SolidFuel],!MODULE[ModuleEngineFailure]]:Final
{    
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEngineFailure
        @FailChance = 0.01;
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],!RESOURCE[SolidFuel],!MODULE[ModuleEngineFailure]]:Final
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEngineFailure
        @FailChance = 0.001;
    }
}

Does anyone have any insights into why this might be the case?