[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

20 hours ago, Laguna said:

It's not just parts that can be modified or cloned with MM, the tech tree (edit, move and create new tech nodes) and experiment definitions (edit the stock science experiemts and create new ones) can be modified as well. Oh yeah, and resources too. :)

And physics settings

59 minutes ago, Tarheel1999 said:

@Cobrag0318 double check you are using the right number for containerModuleIndex.

Yes. The science container is the 6th module in the original part file. containerModuleIndex starts at 0. So 6-1=5. When I patched Skylab, I learned that if that's wrong, it won't even show in the part description in the VAB. This one does. So I'm inclined to think it's not the index number. As you can see, it's almost identical to the file from the Skylab patch, which work. Only things different are the part name, containerModuleIndex, and minor differences like research speed and EC costs. If the first 2 were wrong, I don't think the part would show the science lab details in the VAB. If the other data were wrong, I'd just have a lab with crappy, or to much battery, or researches too fast or slow, etc. I keep looking over it thinking that I have to be missing something, but I don't see it.

1 hour ago, sarbian said:

And here is the 1.2 version

Note : 1.2 ready - High fidelity cat and text rendering

ModuleManager.2.7.0.dll

ModuleManager-2.7.0.zip

Thanks a lot!  But... ModuleManager now internally reports its name as "ModuleManager.2.7.0"

ie:

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
ModuleManager.2.7.0 v2.7.0.0
KAS v0.6.0.0 / v0.6.0-pre for KSP 1.2-pre

This broke my DependancyChecker (fixed now), but in general, would you mind just reporting the name of the module without appended version number in future releases?

I just asked Angel a question in his DSEV topic regarding making a patch that requires one of his mod to be installed. The mod is in a subdirectory,  i.e.   /WildBlueIndustries/DSEV    Just using :NEEDS[DSEV] doesn't work. Does anyone know how the syntax goes for such a setup? I have the same issue with USI mods which are all placed under an UmbraSpaceIndustries folder.

6 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

I just asked Angel a question in his DSEV topic regarding making a patch that requires one of his mod to be installed. The mod is in a subdirectory,  i.e.   /WildBlueIndustries/DSEV    Just using :NEEDS[DSEV] doesn't work. Does anyone know how the syntax goes for such a setup? I have the same issue with USI mods which are all placed under an UmbraSpaceIndustries folder.

From the wiki:

The stuff within the needs section is based on either:

• A plugin .dll with the same assembly name.
  • A subdirectory name under GameData. (Names with spaces can be used, just remove the spaces: GameData/My Mod/ => :NEEDS[MyMod]
  • A FOR[Blah] defined would allow NEEDS[Blah]

So if the mod uses it's own .dll or has a :FOR it should be possible.  I know most of the USI mods have one or the other, and you've already been pointed to the solution for DSEV.

ncmdk3a.jpg

So I'm working on a translation to Brazilian Portuguese. Already worked on the textures of the game as you can see. But some letters that have symbols doesn't appear correctly in the game, is this a cause of Module Manager, or just the game doesn't support fonts yet? Some example symbols that I need include: á é í ó ú ç ã õ â ê etc.

12 minutes ago, Pesterenan said:

ncmdk3a.jpg

So I'm working on a translation to Brazilian Portuguese. Already worked on the textures of the game as you can see. But some letters that have symbols doesn't appear correctly in the game, is this a cause of Module Manager, or just the game doesn't support fonts yet? Some example symbols that I need include: á é í ó ú ç ã õ â ê etc.

I have not tested this, but I have a theory.  You can specify colors using <color> in the string you pass to the field.  It may be possible to use <font> as well... give it a try...

Edited by Papa_Joe

10 hours ago, micha said:

Thanks a lot!  But... ModuleManager now internally reports its name as "ModuleManager.2.7.0"

ie:

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
ModuleManager.2.7.0 v2.7.0.0
KAS v0.6.0.0 / v0.6.0-pre for KSP 1.2-pre

This broke my DependancyChecker (fixed now), but in general, would you mind just reporting the name of the module without appended version number in future releases?

That's the dll file name. If you want to check the mod then check the Assembly name.

9 hours ago, Pesterenan said:

Sarbian, that thing that I've mentioned before about not being able to translate the @STORY_DEFs part because of the many commas, like "@Opinion,Mild,Appreciative,generic,2 = legal" still isn't working in this MM.

Ah, I knew I forgot something... I ll get a fix out soonish :)

About the char not showing up could you send me a cfg with some examples ? I added a lot of characters to the font atlas a few weeks ago so I am surprised some are still not working. Make an issue in the bug tracker with the info and PM me the issue number

Edit : are those char working in the vessel name field ? Did you save your .cfg as UTF8 ?

Edited by sarbian

1 hour ago, sarbian said:

That's the dll file name. If you want to check the mod then check the Assembly name.

No, that's the Assembly name as well for the current release (it was fine in earlier releases). This is the code I'm using:

assembly.GetName().Name;