[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

9 hours ago, Pesterenan said:

ncmdk3a.jpg

So I'm working on a translation to Brazilian Portuguese. Already worked on the textures of the game as you can see. But some letters that have symbols doesn't appear correctly in the game, is this a cause of Module Manager, or just the game doesn't support fonts yet? Some example symbols that I need include: á é í ó ú ç ã õ â ê etc.

Its a Built-in Font Problem.. the SQUAD not created all Characters.. Its explained on 27/set DevNote: 

Like most of the team, Sébastien (Sarbian) has been focusing on bug fixing, but there are 3 things that stand out among these tasks. First, Sarbian spent some time with the Text Mesh Pro font editor to add more characters to our default font.

5 hours ago, sarbian said:

That's the dll file name. If you want to check the mod then check the Assembly name.

Ah, I knew I forgot something... I ll get a fix out soonish :)

About the char not showing up could you send me a cfg with some examples ? I added a lot of characters to the font atlas a few weeks ago so I am surprised some are still not working. Make an issue in the bug tracker with the info and PM me the issue number

Edit : are those char working in the vessel name field ? Did you save your .cfg as UTF8 ?

Yes, in the name field all the characters are displayed. I've opened a bug ttacker earlier but I don't remember the number anymore.

I will try to save the .cfg file as UTF-8 and see if that fixes it.

If you need any of the files that I've made as an example I can send them here when I get home from work.

Thanks for your answer!

2 hours ago, Noname115 said:

1.3 compatability when? *kappa*

I sincerely apologize. :(

1.3 does not exist!  :confused:   

The 1.2 will be officially launched on next day 11... it is still in pre-release on Steam! :cool:

Edited by MKellerBR

5 hours ago, MKellerBR said:

1.3 does not exist!  :confused:   

The 1.2 will be officially launched on next day 11... it is still in pre-release on Steam! :cool:

Make sure that joke doesn't hit you in the head as it flies over :wink:

3 hours ago, Crabman said:

aBSFoAi.jpg

Encoding with UTF-8 works perfectly. Thank you so much, Sarbian!

OH. MY. GOD.
THAT WAS ALL THAT I NEEDED TO DO?!
I just did it. It worked. Thanks Sarbian and Crabman, now I can continue my work in peace. Until I need to change that pesky mk1pod texture at least.

Man, WHY ISN'T UTF8 THE STANDARD?! Windows is so dumb sometimes.

Again, thanks guys, now I'm really happy that I can continue translating the game! :D

3 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Long live the cat!

Too late, I already killed it.  Though to do it I had to fork the repository, remove it's activation, and recompile the mod.  It sure would be nice if sarbian would just give us an off switch.

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

I dunno.  I think nyan cat adds some badly needed flare to the otherwise monotonous loading screen.

Agreed. More cat is good cat.

My guess is that the nyan will go away again when 1.2 is out of pre-release - it's just the usual "you're running on an unsupported/beta KSP" warning.
And I will miss it.

1 hour ago, steve_v said:

Agreed. More cat is good cat.

My guess is that the nyan will go away again when 1.2 is out of pre-release - it's just the usual "you're running on an unsupported/beta KSP" warning.
And I will miss it.

you know, you can set mm to show the cat always