[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

22 hours ago, steve_v said:

Agreed. More cat is good cat.

My guess is that the nyan will go away again when 1.2 is out of pre-release - it's just the usual "you're running on an unsupported/beta KSP" warning.
And I will miss it.

It just reminds me of those transgressive x64 hack days... :wink: 

22 hours ago, steve_v said:

Agreed. More cat is good cat.

My guess is that the nyan will go away again when 1.2 is out of pre-release - it's just the usual "you're running on an unsupported/beta KSP" warning.
And I will miss it.

Add a command line option to launching KSP of "-nyan-nyan" and the cat will come back the very next game launch. :)

So I got this issue:

Duplicated parts. Since I'm not a professional it could be as well just me beeing stupid, but I don't see what I did wrong:

Spoiler

Here are the parts where I wanted them to be, in the "start" node of the tree:

bvlVCBP.png

And here are is the duplicate, in it's original category:

B65P8ls.png

Pics in spoiler above, code right here:

//ScienceRover bits and pieces:
@PART[*]:HAS[#category[Science],!MODULE[ModuleScienceLab],!MODULE[ModuleResourceScanner],!MODULE[ModuleOrbitalSurveyor],!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter],[roverWheel2]]:FINAL
{
	%TechRequired = start
}

Additional note the parts I allready unlocked (thermometer etc. aren't duplicated, they appear just in the "start"-node) Since module manager took some time to update I had to insert my patch midgame - wich I did before too but this didn't happen back then.

Not a really big deal for me but I thought I report it.

Version 2.7.1

• 1.2 ready
  • Allow value name that include multiple comma, as long as none has a number as its first char
  • Display the number of exception and the file that generated those exception
  • Better feeback on what MM is working on
  • lower garbage a bit

Downloads :

ModuleManager.2.7.1.dll

ModuleManager-2.7.1.zip

SHA256 : 50ff84931665e9d701108c20b3be2bd35cdbb729ea94f3dae263cb55534a77d9

On 10/5/2016 at 0:58 AM, Cobrag0318 said:

Ok. I've got 2 problems in a couple of patches I'm trying to run. But first one first. I love RaiderNick's station mods, Salyut, and Skylab, however few the need to add Science lab functions to add that level of realism to them. I mean SkyLAB, ya know. :-) Well, with some help on here, I managed to succeed giving Skylab it's science lab functions. Thanks guys. My friend is playing with us on DMP and is a fan of the Salyut stations. So I'm adding the functionality to that too. After setting up Skylab, I pretty much know how to do it for salyut. In fact, the patch file is almost the same, substitute the proper partname, module index, and desired stats. In this case, I kinda just stole the stats from FASA's Big Gemini Science lab. When I view the part in the VAB, it shows the w science lab details in the part details. So that's a good sign. But when I view it in orbit, right clicking the station doesn't even produce the right click menu for the part, at all. More specifically, I tested right clicking the other attached parts, and they work fine. Right click the station itself, nothing. But the clincher is, then I got to right click those same attached parts I clicked before and nothing.Switch to another ship, and back, and those parts are right clickable again, until I right click the station part again, then they don't work. Odd. Skylab doesn't have this problem. Seems like it's some sort of UI snag involved with the Salyut and the pact. Btw, the Salyut works fine as normal, without the patch. Any ideas? I'll share the file here. Skylab too for comparison, since that one works fine.

No additional ideas?

Very well, onto problem #2. I'm looking to also have my FASA Gemini pod, and Flight pack dockable to each other without the need for docking rings. I currently have need for them to initiall be separate, but dock later for return, and the additional space between them from the rings is affecting performance. Ideas?

3 minutes ago, Cobrag0318 said:

No additional ideas?

Very well, onto problem #2. I'm looking to also have my FASA Gemini pod, and Flight pack dockable to each other without the need for docking rings. I currently have need for them to initiall be separate, but dock later for return, and the additional space between them from the rings is affecting performance. Ideas?

I think the reason nobody is giving any input is because we cant just read your questions and determine if there is an issue in the cfgs.  Include those and you will probably get more help :wink:

Bug report:

KSP: 1.2 pre-release
Problem: Log spam: "MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ResourceRatio..ctor'."

Mods installed:

Konstruction (USI)

ModuleManager.2.7.1

Reproduction steps:

1. Build a simple craft with a RC-L01 Remote Guidance Unit, batteries, fuel and an engine.

2. Send it to launch.

3. On the launch pad, press Alt+F12 to check console. Spam line after line going down fast.

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikdbywe1zdkn18v/output_log.txt

@maculator That is a known KSP issue.  If you research a part and then change it's tech location it will appear in both for that career.  We saw the same thing happen in 1.2 pre when Squad moved parts around.  It has nothing to do with ModuleManager.

Edited by Alshain

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do you have any MM patches?  If so, which ones?

KER, Parts Overhaul, Planetshine, Kerbalism (but I don't think it's working, so will try removing it too.) and Konstruction! are my only mods currently. All have zero problems w/o Modulemanger. The moment I install it, no CommNet.

Just now, rdwulfe said:

KER, Parts Overhaul, Planetshine, Kerbalism (but I don't think it's working, so will try removing it too.) and Konstruction! are my only mods currently. All have zero problems w/o Modulemanger. The moment I install it, no CommNet.

Try removing all of them, but leave MM.  Then add them back one at a time. 

51 minutes ago, rdwulfe said:

50 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try removing all of them, but leave MM.  Then add them back one at a time. 

For a additional datapoint:

With a fresh install of build 1576, I first added Module manager alone and CommNet works. Leaving MM installed, I then proceeded to add one at a time, then remove after running KSP:

(in order) KER, Part Overhauls, Planetshine & Konstruction and CommNet worked each time.

With Kerbalism, CommNet did not work.

I like the cat.

Edited by Argyle MHF
Words and letter missing

33 minutes ago, Argyle MHF said:

For a additional datapoint:

With a fresh install of build 1576, I first added Module manager alone and CommNet works. Leaving MM installed, I then proceeded to add one at a time, then remove after running KSP:

(in order) KER, Part Overhauls, Planetshine & Konstruction and CommNet worked each time.

With Kerbalism, CommNet did not work.

I like the cat.

First, Kerbalism isn't updated for 1.2, and second, if it somehow did work, it has its own antenna system, so the stock CommNet got disabled or prevented from working.

Nothing to see here, please move on. Sorry for the interruption.

Spoiler

Hi, I got a question I just can't get it to selest me all the parts with any fuel in them (LF,LF+OX,MONO,XENON).

So I just want parts with fuel, no EC and no ore.

This is one way I tryed it:

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[*]],!RESOURCE[Ore],!RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
	{
		Stuff
	}

Any help would be appreciated

Edit never mind, sorry to interrupt this is how it works (I feel silly):

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[*],!RESOURCE[Ore],!RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]]
Edited by maculator
Got it....

4 hours ago, Gilsaa said:

How do i install the module manager on my mac? 

What files do i need to download and where do i need to put them?

It would be nothing wrong if you would read the OP before asking

On ‎25‎.‎10‎.‎2013 at 3:01 PM, sarbian said:

How to install

You just have to put the dll in your KSP/GameData folder. Then you can put you patch .cfg file anywhere. I would create a folder for your personal patch, but it's up to you.