[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

48 minutes ago, cgwhite4 said:

Steam auto-updates KSP, so it appears I will be unable to proceed until MM is updated (I need EL to do what I am doing, and EL requires MM).

In the future, don't ever have your main save (or any saves, really) in your Steam KSP directory. Copy your KSP install somewhere else, and it will be safe from updates.

Also/alternatively, if you're modding games in general, turn off Steam auto updates. 

@cgwhite4 @Merkov  The Steam version of the game can be reverted to 1.2.2 by going into the game's properties, clicking the Betas tab and selecting 1.2.2 from the list.  No need to copy the game out of the install directory (unless you just want to) and no need to avoid playing KSP while you wait on Mods to update.

3 hours ago, cgwhite4 said:

It looks like KSP 1.3, which just came out, is completely incompatible with MM 2.7.6.  I previously observed a report to this effect in the KSP 1.3 thread, indicating that the game wa

It's not MM that makes the game crashing. As far as I was able to test on my game, the loading will crash if you have a mod with parts that failed to load. It looks when KSP 1.3 tries to load a part config that refers a module from the failed mod, the game just crashes instead of throwing an error in the logs.

MM alone is just not working, it doesn't crash the game.

For what it worth, in my game I've identified the following mods that make the game crashing:

GroundConstruction
KerbalEngineer
MechJeb2
SCANsat
UmbraSpaceIndustries
KIS
KAS
KAS-1.0

Those who have been following MM know that Sarbian released a build for the prerelease and that this build required several code changes.  The current release version of MM not working on KSP 1.3 should not be a surprise.

2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

It's not MM that makes the game crashing. As far as I was able to test on my game, the loading will crash if you have a mod with parts that failed to load. It looks when KSP 1.3 tries to load a part config that refers a module from the failed mod, the game just crashes instead of throwing an error in the logs.

There are apparently a bunch of API changes; nothing complicated, but stuff that needs to be updated. I doubt the game got that much more fragile.

2 minutes ago, Temeter said:

There are apparently a bunch of API changes; nothing complicated, but stuff that needs to be updated. I doubt the game got that much more fragile.

After I've rebuilt MM with the new game assemblies, it just worked with no issues. Not sure if there are issues with the complex setups, but KIS & KAS were fine.

Based on what IgorZ said above, it looks like the failure probably occurred at the point when MM would have loaded the first part from either KAS (current or Beta) or EL.  Good to see that 2.8.0 is now ready.  That should clear the current problem.

Edit: Well, it got farther than before, but is still crashing during loading screen.  This time, the bar said something about parts, so it looks like what I thought was happening based on IgorZ's comment is what is happening now, not what was happening before (and could be KAS and EL instead of MM).  Aside from updating MM to 2.8.0, my mod list has not yet changed.

Edited by cgwhite4
further information

8 minutes ago, cgwhite4 said:

Based on what IgorZ said above, it looks like the failure probably occurred at the point when MM would have loaded the first part from either KAS (current or Beta) or EL.  Good to see that 2.8.0 is now ready.  That should clear the current problem.

Edit: Well, it got farther than before, but is still crashing during loading screen.  This time, the bar said something about parts, so it looks like what I thought was happening based on IgorZ's comment is what is happening now, not what was happening before (and could be KAS and EL instead of MM).  Aside from updating MM to 2.8.0, my mod list has not yet changed.

Well seeing as most mods haven't updated to 1.3, I'd say that's your problem. Just updating MM won't magically make all mods work in 1.3.

I'm getting an SHA256 hash of:

0bc14c3e0dbd8191dfb9aff5b8408c377e0bc74d508ed10fe4b4371ab569f95c

(calculated in two different ways, with the same output)

While the SHA256 hash Sarbian quotes is:

8b5000a9b633e6fea4b4ee055baca031650b440e56323033a09ab0c16bd07cd9

???

5 hours ago, sarbian said:

I wonder if some of you are aware of the existence of time zones.

Version 2.8.0

• KSP 1.3. Big thanks to @blowfish for his 1.3 patch and endless support in the thread

Downloads :

ModuleManager.2.8.0.dll

ModuleManager-2.8.0.zip

Thanks for updating such a vital and important mod so quickly! :)

9 hours ago, sarbian said:

I wonder if some of you are aware of the existence of time zones.

Time zones??? NO! What madness is this? What the hell are you talking about? What are these... time zones? Just hearing about it makes me want to rage quit and post in Comic Sans!

3 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Time zones??? NO! What madness is this? What the hell are you talking about? What are these... time zones? Just hearing about it makes me want to rage quit and post in Comic Sans!

Can't people just not sleep?

Apologies if this has been covered before and I missed it, but I am getting an SSL/TLS error when I try to download from any links in the OP. I get the same error when using CKAN, Edge, or Chrome. I am using Windows 10. Any suggestions for how to resolve this?

Edited by loppnessmonsta

4 hours ago, loppnessmonsta said:

Apologies if this has been covered before and I missed it, but I am getting an SSL/TLS error when I try to download from any links in the OP. I get the same error when using CKAN, Edge, or Chrome. I am using Windows 10. Any suggestions for how to resolve this?

I am a bit surprised that you would get those error on Win 10... I made a small config change, can you try again ? I would also try Firefox since it uses an other TLS stack. 

Could you do a test for me ? In Chrome go to google.com and display the certificate (Press F12, do to the "Security" tab and press view certificate). In the window you should get the same as this image. Is this the case ? 

1sV4zyb.png

5 hours ago, sarbian said:

I am a bit surprised that you would get those error on Win 10... I made a small config change, can you try again ? I would also try Firefox since it uses an other TLS stack. 

Could you do a test for me ? In Chrome go to google.com and display the certificate (Press F12, do to the "Security" tab and press view certificate). In the window you should get the same as this image. Is this the case ? 

Yes, the certificate I have is exactly the same. Interestingly, from that security menu on the download link, there is no "View Certificate" option, though if I'm reading this right it does seem to have a valid certificate, and all resources are secure. I'm wondering if it could be my antivirus interfering. 

Hi guys, just want to ask a quick question about the functionality of MM. Is it possible to reference and edit all parts from a particular mod? I've tried using the config in the code section below with the thought that if I use :[FOR] then it would just apply to that mod, but it scales all parts. Is it possible to do what I'm asking or is it impossible.

//Change contares parts from 50% scale to 64% scale 
@PART[*]:FOR[Contares]
{
	@rescaleFactor = 1.28
}

21 minutes ago, Chimer4 said:

Hi guys, just want to ask a quick question about the functionality of MM. Is it possible to reference and edit all parts from a particular mod? I've tried using the config in the code section below with the thought that if I use :[FOR] then it would just apply to that mod, but it scales all parts. Is it possible to do what I'm asking or is it impossible

Yea that's not how FOR is used, so that won't work. what you need to do is find some kind of identifier that Contares uses in its part.cfg file for all parts - like the manufacturer?

@PART[*]:HAS[#manufacturer[contares]]:FINAL
{
  @rescaleFactor = 1.28
}

or you could try the author field. Some part packs have a common designator for all part names, in which case you could use that with a wildcard (*) for the @PART field and leave out the HAS.

Edited by Drew Kerman

1 hour ago, loppnessmonsta said:

I'm wondering if it could be my antivirus interfering.

That was my idea. I once had an antivirus that proxied all https traffic with a localy generated certificate...

I am fairly confident in the quality of the webserver settings so if you can't connect with a modern OS then something is interfering :(

2 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Yea that's not how FOR is used, so that won't work. what you need to do is find some kind of identifier that Contares uses in its part.cfg file for all parts - like the manufacturer?

@PART[*]:HAS[#manufacturer[contares]]:FINAL
{
  @rescaleFactor = 1.28
}

or you could try the author field. Some part packs have a common designator for all part names, in which case you could use that with a wildcard (*) for the @PART field and leave out the HAS.

Thanks for that, that works now. :)

13 hours ago, sarbian said:

That was my idea. I once had an antivirus that proxied all https traffic with a localy generated certificate...

I am fairly confident in the quality of the webserver settings so if you can't connect with a modern OS then something is interfering :(

Yup, that was it. Took a bunch of digging but I found the portion of my suite that was interfering and added an exception.

Escaping-out '#' for localization

I'm just starting to localize my part add-on. I need to escape-out '#' to treat '#modnameLOC_xxxxxx' as a localization string and not a module manager string. Is this necessary? And if so what's the escape character? '\'?

46 minutes ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

Escaping-out '#' for localization

I'm just starting to localize my part add-on. I need to escape-out '#' to treat '#modnameLOC_xxxxxx' as a localization string and not a module manager string. Is this necessary? And if so what's the escape character? '\'?

You dont need MM to localize any mod. You can do it the way KSP is doing it.

Localization
{
	en-us
	{
		#ModName_id = Your text here
	}
}

You can of course change en-us to any of the other languages ( en-us - es-es - ja - ru - zh-cn )

More information can be found here:

Edited by Olympic1
add link