[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

1 hour ago, Manwith Noname said:

Haha, good one!

28 minutes ago, Ravien said:

Yeah, Nyan Cat possessed my KSP too

Do not be alarmed. It's just cat day again.

Spoiler

bool foolsDay = (DateTime.Now.Month == 4 && DateTime.Now.Day == 1);
bool catDay = (DateTime.Now.Month == 2 && DateTime.Now.Day == 22);

51 minutes ago, Manwith Noname said:

Yeah I know.

No offence intended, just trying to head off the "waah unprofessional easter-egg in my game" (I'm scared of memes) rubbish that often happens this time of year. It's usually just one that starts it, glad you're not he.

48 minutes ago, Manwith Noname said:

I'm more familiar with this one...

IIRC there was an overhaul of the cat code a while back, april-fools and cat day now have quite different catfigurations.

33 minutes ago, steve_v said:

...just trying to head off the "waah unprofessional easter-egg in my game" (I'm scared of memes) rubbish that often happens this time of year

This is what made me laugh so much when it appeared.

"What? A single cat bouncing across the bottom of the screen offends you so much? Here, have a hundred cats swirling around showing their prancing prowess!"

2 hours ago, GeneralMayonaise said:

Is there a possiblity of Ubio's welding mod to be supported by the latest version of MM? Rolling back to MM v3 as was suggested in his topic skeeves me out, especially if it's only for that mod. I apologize in advance if the problem is on the welding model's end.

If that mod has a conflict, it’s up to the author to reach out, build a shared understanding of what the problem is and to discuss possible solutions.

On 2/23/2020 at 5:46 PM, blowfish said:

If that mod has a conflict, it’s up to the author to reach out, build a shared understanding of what the problem is and to discuss possible solutions.

Seems the people who is responsible for Ubiozur welding is gone... and that mod is discontinued. this caused significant inconvenience to me

1 hour ago, SynX said:

Seems the people who is responsible for Ubiozur welding is gone... and that mod is discontinued. this caused significant inconvenience to me

Alternatively, you can fix MM yourself and compile it for yourself.

Source/ModuleManager/MMPatchLoader.cs
@@ -25,7 +25,7 @@ namespace ModuleManager
 {
     [SuppressMessage("ReSharper", "StringLastIndexOfIsCultureSpecific.1")]
     [SuppressMessage("ReSharper", "StringIndexOfIsCultureSpecific.1")]
-    public class MMPatchLoader
+    public class MMPatchLoader : LoadingSystem
     {
         private const string PHYSICS_NODE_NAME = "PHYSICSGLOBALS";

The difference is just the ": LoadingSystem" thingy.

1 hour ago, SynX said:

The mod has not been updated since 2018. It has nothing to do with Module Manager and I do not see how we can help with that.

1 hour ago, sarbian said:

The mod has not been updated since 2018. It has nothing to do with Module Manager and I do not see how we can help with that.

See this post:

And this post:

I think it would help a bit to avoid gratuitous, functionless changes on the code, mainly on public interfaces. It's a drag having to cope with legacy, but once you are in the critical path of the whole Add'On Scene, you get way more responsibilities than the average Add'On Author.

It's possible to move forward without breaking things (at least, most of the time).

Edited by Lisias
Copyuer und Pasteur bug problems.

Yes, big surprise that code that is no longer run synchronously in the foreground no longer inherits from LoadingSystem.

My recollection is that Ubiozur called ModuleManager in an unsupported way.  Kerbalism also had an implicit dependency which broke in MM 4.0, but we worked with the author to find a good long term solution (hint: it wasn't reverting anything in MM)

On 2/14/2020 at 5:06 PM, James Kerman said:

Hello @miguelsgamingch. While it is not against the rules to request an update, so long as it is polite and non repetitive, it's best just to wait patiently for updates to our favorite mods because our fantastic content creating community sometimes have real life pressures and responsibilities that override the excellent free work they perform for the KSP community.

so sorry also i was busy thats why im offline for a long time lol...

Here's a blast from the past.

On 7/12/2019 at 7:08 PM, 5thHorseman said:

Is there a way to reference another part's data when changing a part?

On 7/12/2019 at 7:18 PM, 4x4cheesecake said:

Yep, by using a variable:

//This would return 'RE-M3 "Mainsail" Liquid Engine':
@title = #$@PART[liquidEngine1-2]/title$ 

Take a look here or here for more details :)

I'm going through my config that used this (again, thanks it worked perfectly) and was wondering, I also (manually right now) copy some modules directly from one part to another because I could never figure out how to copy them in code, either directly or even the values within.

I'm updating my VentralDrill mod so I'll give one of the actual modules as an example. In the stock RadialDrill.cfg there is a module:

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleResourceHarvester
	HarvesterType = 0
	Efficiency = 1.5
	ResourceName = Ore
}

(there's more than that but for the example I don't need the whole thing)

Up until now, I've opened the file and verified there were no changes through versions, and then copied the module or the changed parameters if there were any into my VentralDrill.cfg file. I would like to instead do this with ModuleManager in the same way I've changed the top-level parameters. But I can't figure out how and (as is typical for me) I cannot find it in the documentation.

I tried these two things:

@ModuleResourceHarvester = #$@PART[RadialDrill]/ModuleResourceHarvester

...and when that didn't work...

@module[ModuleResourceHarvester]
{
	 HarvesterType = #$@PART[RadialDrill]/ModuleResourceHarvester/HarvesterType
	...(etc for the rest)
}

As they were guesses I didn't really expect them to work, and my expectations were met fully.

I'd rather copy the module directly so if the parameters within change, those changes will just be copied along with the entire module. But at this point I'll take what I can get :)

Edited by 5thHorseman

3 hours ago, Starwaster said:

@5thHorseman you’re missing a trailing $

... I think... viewing this on my phone but it looks like it’s missing 

Huh.

I never copied that in my other lines (I just flat out missed it) and it works. At least, it doesn't throw up an error. I'll give it a try though.

That was exactly it. Thanks!

Specifically, it had to be:

@module[ModuleResourceHarvester] = #$@PART[RadialDrill]/module[ModuleResourceHarvester]$

I changed the @ at the start to & and was able to totally remove the block from the config, too. So that's even better.

Edited by 5thHorseman

Would it be possible through a MM patch to rename all parts to include other information from their config file in the title?

I.E.

category = A
        vesseltype = B
        bulkheadProfiles = C
        title = D

↓

@title = A, B, C, D

↓

Pods, Landersize1, size0, Mk1 Command Pod

Would this be possible with Module Manager?  It gets complex when you start taking names of previous categories and combining them.

It might sound crazy but this would be super useful and completely re-sort the entire editor. The left is stock and you can see how all of the pods are out of order, and on the right is what a patch like this would do.

yJmhxuM.png

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Feature request:

I haven't been able to get this to work so I am asking it to be added as a feature.

#Localization support

work with the KSP localization system to allow #tags to be

• @descripion ^= : $:#localization_xyz :

currently if a #localization tag is patched in - MM doesn't expand the tag (unless I am just doing it incorrectly).

I have several mods that could immediately benefit from this, including Dockingport Descriptions.

Thank you in advance!

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/issues/118

darn combine replies when you don't want it to.

Edited by zer0Kerbal