[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

There you go : https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/ModuleManager-2.2.3.zip

I won't update the first post, releasing an official the day before my vaction is calling for trouble, but it should work fine.

Thanks for your update Sarbian, just wanted to assure everyone here that it seems unlikely that module manager was responsible for the save issues I mentioned.

I don't know what's going on, but my version of KSP has well and truly imploded.

Even starting a new save is causing an instant crash now.

I'll try a fresh install tomorrow.

I know that I can select parts whose some attribute matches some value with HAS, e.g.:

:HAS[#awesomeMLPvalue[42]]

I would like to know if there is some way to match for a range or a comparison operator, like:

:HAS[#awesomeMLPvalue[>42]]
:HAS[#awesomeMLPvalue[<42]]
:HAS[#awesomeMLPvalue[24:42]]

I know that I can select parts whose some attribute matches some value with HAS, e.g.:

:HAS[#awesomeMLPvalue[42]]

I would like to know if there is some way to match for a range or a comparison operator, like:

:HAS[#awesomeMLPvalue[>42]]
:HAS[#awesomeMLPvalue[<42]]
:HAS[#awesomeMLPvalue[24:42]]

No, there isn't.

Thanks for your update Sarbian, just wanted to assure everyone here that it seems unlikely that module manager was responsible for the save issues I mentioned.

I don't know what's going on, but my version of KSP has well and truly imploded.

Even starting a new save is causing an instant crash now.

I'll try a fresh install tomorrow.

So has mine, I just had a building spawn sideways into the VAB! I'm starting off a clean install now and obssessively try all combinations of my many mods to see if I can catch the bug. Thanks for sharing the link on the latest page of the discussion ;)

So has mine, I just had a building spawn sideways into the VAB! I'm starting off a clean install now and obssessively try all combinations of my many mods to see if I can catch the bug. Thanks for sharing the link on the latest page of the discussion ;)

Wow, I haven't seen that before!

I'm not sure if this is any help but one problem I had in the VAB was caused by Kerbal Engineer Redux V.0.6.2.9, switching over to V.1.0.5. fixed it.

I hope you manage to find the problem Monstah (great name btw! :D)

Module manager seems to be running itself multiple times. (the sequence of passes is duplicated in the log file). All the later passes do nothing, excpet that partloader then ends up having no parts loaded (so KSP has 0 parts once I start a game file). How do I fix this?

Module manager seems to be running itself multiple times. (the sequence of passes is duplicated in the log file). All the later passes do nothing, excpet that partloader then ends up having no parts loaded (so KSP has 0 parts once I start a game file). How do I fix this?

Look for duplicate modulemanager.dll files. Delete all but the latest.

Actually, if you have multiples then keep 2.2.0 or 2.2.2 over 2.2.1

FYI multiple MM files aren't supposed to be an issue but there have been versions in the past where their 'election' didn't work right and you got multiple MMs running concurrently.

Wow, I haven't seen that before!

I'm not sure if this is any help but one problem I had in the VAB was caused by Kerbal Engineer Redux V.0.6.2.9, switching over to V.1.0.5. fixed it.

I hope you manage to find the problem Monstah (great name btw! :D)

Mine does that ALL THE TIME... good thing I save scum. Wish I knew what mod was causing it, although I have figured out it's usually if I save and something somewhere was doing something at the time (debris recovery, or saving under thrust, or passing through an SOI, etc...).

I'll have to remember to take a screenshot next time to record the problem.

I can confirm that I have exactly 1 modulemanager dll of any version: 2.2.1

The problem is still occurring: in the log, everything seems to be fine. Then, once all is done loading:

[LOG 13:53:01.003] [IR GUI] destroy
[LOG 13:53:01.545] ScienceAlert.ImprovedAddonLoader.CustomAddonLoader: PSYSTEM was loaded; instantiating addons...
[LOG 13:53:01.546] ScienceAlert.ImprovedAddonLoader.CustomAddonLoader finished; no addons created.
[LOG 13:53:01.552] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ConfigManager' from assembly 'ModuleManager.2.2.1'
[LOG 13:53:01.576] [ModuleManager] compiling list of loaded mods...
Mod DLLs found:
Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
ModuleManager.2.2.1 v2.2.1.0
ResearchThemAll v1.1.0.0
aaa_Toolbar v1.0.0.0
ActiveTextureManagement v1.0.0.0
and so on

All passes are then blank:

[LOG 13:53:01.588] [ModuleManager] Checking NEEDS.
[LOG 13:53:01.667] [ModuleManager] :FIRST (default) pass
[LOG 13:53:01.671] [ModuleManager] :BEFORE[ASSEMBLY-CSHARP] pass
[LOG 13:53:01.675] [ModuleManager] :FOR[ASSEMBLY-CSHARP] pass
[LOG 13:53:01.678] [ModuleManager] :AFTER[ASSEMBLY-CSHARP] pass
[LOG 13:53:01.682] [ModuleManager] :BEFORE[MODULEMANAGER.2.2.1] pass
[LOG 13:53:01.685] [ModuleManager] :FOR[MODULEMANAGER.2.2.1] pass
[LOG 13:53:01.689] [ModuleManager] :AFTER[MODULEMANAGER.2.2.1] pass
[LOG 13:53:01.693] [ModuleManager] :BEFORE[RESEARCHTHEMALL] pass
[LOG 13:53:01.696] [ModuleManager] :FOR[RESEARCHTHEMALL] pass
and so on

there are 5 blank passes, each as this one after the first normal one.

The following error appears exactly once, before the second-to-last blank pass:

[LOG 13:53:18.631] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'SaveGameFixer' from assembly 'ModuleManager.2.2.1'
[EXC 13:53:18.633] InvalidProgramException: Assembly: ModuleManager.2.2.1 at location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.2.2.1.dll is not in the expected assembly. Code has been copied and this will cause problems.

this is a link to the log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sofyt37q2dsoggg/KSP.log?dl=0

Edit: the Number of passes varies per loading...

Edited by ABZB

Hello there all.

I want to try making my first modded part. I've been playing with ~40 mods installed, so I have some working knowledge of file structure and stuff. I don't really have any code knowledge to speak of though.

So, from what I can understand, if I have the module manager .dll installed I can use the code on the front page and KSP will understand it?

Secondly, everything on the front page looks like ancient Egyptian. The explanations of how to use MM code goes REALLY fast, and acts like it assumes you already know how to modify .cfg files. I don't blame it, but I also don't know how to do that. I attempted to do some notepad copy pasting to add the module I wanted to from one part to another. It made the game do very very bizzar things....

What I want to do is ad multimode engine module from the rapier engine to the nuclear engine and give it the ability to burn karbonite at thrust 80, atmo ISP 180, vac ISP 600. That way you can use karbonite as a sort of extra boost for takeoff from smaller moons, and be able to design efficient nuclear vehicles without the need for difference engines. I want to built a large cargo hauler, so extra boost at lift-off would be nice.

Any help with how to use MM would be awesome.

Look for duplicate modulemanager.dll files. Delete all but the latest.

Actually, if you have multiples then keep 2.2.0 or 2.2.2 over 2.2.1

FYI multiple MM files aren't supposed to be an issue but there have been versions in the past where their 'election' didn't work right and you got multiple MMs running concurrently.

Curious, why should you keep 2.2.0 or 2.2.2 instead of 2.2.1? I always run the latest version anyways, I'm just wondering if there was anything wrong with 2.2.1 that could have corrupted my save. :)

*remember MM 2.1.0, anyone? :P*

Curious, why should you keep 2.2.0 or 2.2.2 instead of 2.2.1? I always run the latest version anyways, I'm just wondering if there was anything wrong with 2.2.1 that could have corrupted my save. :)

*remember MM 2.1.0, anyone? :P*

Nothing really wrong with 2.2.1 excel that it utilized Sarbian's evil button technology that caused people to spontaneously commence weeping and gnashing of teeth. Rend garments and sack cloth.

Hello, I'm making a DMP server for KSP.

but for the simple fact of being able to see eachother's craft anyone on the server needs thesame parts.

Not everyone likes thesame parts, some people still want to use only stock, or only stock + KW rocketry and such.

So I thought, what if I use modulemanager to make those parts disappear, (setting their category to -1).

But i can't get it working.

If anyone would be so kind to look at my modulemanager .cfg file, that would be awsome.

//noParts//making added parts disappear since 2014.
//delete an entry to make parts re-appear

//b9 aerospace
@PART
[*]:HAS[@author = bac9]
{
@category = -1
}

//spaceX
@PART
[*]:HAS[@author = Lazarus Luan,!name=FalconLowerGear]
{
@category=-1
}

//proceduralwings
@PART
[*]:HAS[@author=DYJ]
{
@category = -1
}

//proceduralfairings
@PART
[*]:HAS[@author=e-dog]
{
@category=-1
}

//tracks mod
@PART
[*]:HAS[@author=Electronicfox || EndlesWaves]
{
@category=-1
}

//realshutes
@PART
[*]:HAS[@author=stupid_chris, sumghai]
{
@category=-1
}

//spaceplane plus
@PART
[*]:HAS[@author=Porkjet]
{
@category=-1
}

also, is there a way to edit all .cfg's in a given folder, with or without it's subfolders? If not, Feauture request? would be a verry simple way of making sure all new versions of a certain mod will still be patched with your patch.

grtz,

Blip