[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

... for some reason the loader is stuck at module manager, let it sit for a while with no change...

I had this problem myself, the log showed some exceptions and stuff (sry cant remember exactly), but anyway it was a "write permission" thingy.

So the solution (if im not mistaken it was written in this thread somewhere) was to:

Right click KSP shortcut, go Properties, from there go to the Compatibility Tab, and tick the "Run this program as an Administrator" check box.

And btw, i first tried to run as admin from just the right click menu, as i normally do for windows programs, but no joy (which is bloody weird).

I had this problem myself, the log showed some exceptions and stuff (sry cant remember exactly), but anyway it was a "write permission" thingy.

So the solution (if im not mistaken it was written in this thread somewhere) was to:

Right click KSP shortcut, go Properties, from there go to the Compatibility Tab, and tick the "Run this program as an Administrator" check box.

And btw, i first tried to run as admin from just the right click menu, as i normally do for windows programs, but no joy (which is bloody weird).

Possible, but more likely there is an error that would show up in the output log.

Possible, but more likely there is an error that would show up in the output log.

Yep in my case was

"KSP [Exception]: IOException: Sharing violation on path ..."

Thats why i said "write permission" thingy.

Anyway i dont have that log anymore, i just see it after looking at my browsers search history.

I also got problems using this new version. When i use tweakscale and change [ for example ] the size to be lower. all things do attach but are not connected to the craft. So if i change the size of the engines they stick idk how many feet below the craft. Also when i go into flight all changes i made with Tweakscale are back to its original size.

I also got problems using this new version. When i use tweakscale and change [ for example ] the size to be lower. all things do attach but are not connected to the craft. So if i change the size of the engines they stick idk how many feet below the craft. Also when i go into flight all changes i made with Tweakscale are back to its original size.

Sounds like an issue with Tweakscale. As a general rule, if there's a problem that involves tweakscale, it's a problem with tweakscale.

[quote name='GeneralGizmo']I also got problems using this new version. When i use tweakscale and change [ for example ] the size to be lower. all things do attach but are not connected to the craft. So if i change the size of the engines they stick idk how many feet below the craft. Also when i go into flight all changes i made with Tweakscale are back to its original size.[/QUOTE]

I'm in this same boat. Same problem. Edited by Apollo13

Hey All,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I cant find anything with Google...

I'm looking for module definitions for RemoteTech & Firespitter... Are those posted anywhere publicly? Even tho they are mentioned in the KSP CFG wiki, there's nothing listed..

I'm playing with the old RemoteTech 1 antennas, as a starting point for learning more in-depth editing & creation of .cfg files... I guess they need the Firespitter plugin, as well... I found DMagic's Science Animate modules (which I might also try to use), but havent found specifics for RT or FS... ??? Edited by Stone Blue

How can I do division of a field in a .cfg? I've tried

[CODE]
@maxThrust /= 10 //should set maxThrust to 1/10th of whatever it currently is?

@maxThrust = 100/100 //should set maxThrust to 1?
[/CODE]

...And neither of those work. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but googling hasn't helped either, anyone know how to do this?

[quote name='Norpo']How can I do division of a field in a .cfg?[/QUOTE]
[s][URL="https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module%20Manager%20Syntax"]ModuleManager wiki[/URL] doesn't mention a division operator. But of course instead of "/= 10" you can just write "*= 0.1"[/s]
Yeah, /= should work

----

I have a question of my own, possibly not strictly MM related. On MM Wiki I accidentally read that:
[quote][B]Module added in flight[/B] or VAB: If there's any modules present in the save file, present in memory (as in a mod exists that defines that module), but not in the part database the [B]stored state will be discarded[/B]. This allows you to add dynamic modules to the end of the list (dynamic module definition to follow)
[...]
Dynamic modules are added to a part at runtime, that is either in flight or in the VAB. Generally SaveGameFixer will detect this and [B]silently discard the persisted data, which is what would have happened previously[/B].[/quote]
Am I reading this correctly, that modules added dynamically can't store any persistent data? That kills an idea I had... I'd like to store some persistent data, possibly attached to any part dynamically. To be precise it would be added to the root part. I feel like adding my module to every part definition with a MM .cfg is an overkill. Is there any other way around this? Edited by charfa

[quote name='blowfish']The first should work (the second won't).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='charfa']Yeah, /= should work[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I got some weird errors trying out the first time I tried to do division using /= and assumed it didn't work, it does, glad to know I can do that sort of math with Module Manager :)

I'm having an issue with rescaling a part using MM. I am trying to scale the OMD scanner from EPL to a more reasonable size. If I go into the part's cfg file and change the rescaleFactor from 1.5 to 0.75 everything works fine...the model is scaled down and the nodes are correct. However, when I put a MM cfg in the GameData folder that contains this code:

[CODE]// decrease the scale of the OMD scanner from 1.5 to 0.75

@PART[OMD]:FINAL
{
@rescaleFactor = 0.75
}[/CODE]

The model is scaled correctly but the mounting nodes are off. Do I need to also alter the nodes in the MM config script? Why do I need to do that with a MM script but not when I manually edit the part's cfg file?

hi sarbian,

I am doing some math in a mod and I need to check if a variable is set to "true"

sadly, that value is not case sensitive, so potentially there are 16 combinations of uppercase and lowercase characters :(

I could use this:

:HAS[#variable[True]|#variable[true]|#variable[TRUE]]

but having the possibility to check a value in a non-case-sensitive way would look nicer

not a huge issue tho ;) just curious if this could be an addition

keep up the good work

:) Edited by Sigma88

getting lockups at loadtime. It happens everyother load. No joke. It takes it turns and here is the end of the KSP log. It states something about the phyics file. I did write-protect that file so that MM wont edit it behind my back, because it has done that and messed my physics up. So here is the log....

[code]
[EXC 03:25:03.826] UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/home/alex/Desktop/KSP-5/GameData/ModuleManager.Physics" is denied.
System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode)
ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header)
ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName)
ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader.SaveModdedPhysics ()
ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [U][B][COLOR=#ff0000]//<---this is where the game stops loading![/COLOR][/B][/U]
[/code]

It does it EXACTLY at the 67% mark if you do the "quick reload" thing. So during a cold start of the game it appears it also does it at 67% although it dont give a read out. What are my options to get back a clean booting game? If I have to enable r/w on that file, how can I make sure the game keeps my physics setting without MM killing it?

[quote name='lextacy']...I did write-protect that file...
[code]Access to the path "/home/alex/Desktop/KSP-5/GameData/ModuleManager.Physics" is denied.[/code][/QUOTE]
Seems very obvious what your issue is...

If you want to ensure the physics config isn't modified, make sure there are no patches that target it. Simple enough (or if you want to be really sure, you could apply the whole physics .cfg as a patch in the FINAL pass) Edited by Crzyrndm

Ok, I give up. Time to grovel on the forums for help.

So, I'm trying to copy the Linear RCS, to make an air-powered RCS.

Module Manager seems to be completely ignoring the patch, any ideas why?
[CODE]+PART[linearRcs]
{
@name = airRCS
}

@PART[airRCS]
{
@cost = 200
@title = AIR-9000 Compressed air nozzle
@manufacturer = C7 Aerospace
@desctription = Designed for VTOLs and supermanuverable fighters, this nozzle functions like an RCS port, only it uses intake air!
@MODULE[ModuleRCS]
{
@resourseName = IntakeAir
@atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 6400 0 0
}
}
[/CODE]
[SIZE=1]Cut me some slack, first time ever making an MM patch :-)[/SIZE]

Try [code]+PART[linearRcs]
{
@name = airRCS
@cost = 200
@desctription = Designed for VTOLs and supermanuverable fighters, this nozzle functions like an RCS port, only it uses intake air!
@MODULE[ModuleRCS]
{
@resourceName = IntakeAir
@atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 6400 0 0
}
}
}[/code]

EDIT- you missed a } [code]+PART[linearRcs]
{
@name = airRCS
}

@PART[airRCS]
{
@cost = 200
@MODULE[ModuleRCS]
{
@resourceName = IntakeAir
@atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 6400 0 0
}
}
[COLOR="#FF0000"]}[/COLOR][/code] Edited by Mecripp2

[quote name='asgkatz']Is it ever necessary to have more than one version of the .dll? For example, if a certain mod comes with an older version? Or will it work fine with newest as well?[/QUOTE]
you should just have one, but if you have more than one it's not a problem since the newer version will deactivate all the others.