packetInterval = 0.1
			packetSize = 5
			packetResourceCost = 40
			requiredResource = ElectricCharge
			antennaPower = 500000
			antennaCombinable = False
		}
	}

The problem is: The transmitter part works 100% the other two just don't do anything. And I just can't figure out why.

Any help would be appreciated, since I'm stuck :/

Edited by maculator

On 10/9/2016 at 2:02 PM, LordFerret said:

How do I get rid of the Nyan Cat? I don't need that floating across my screen, thank you.

It's currently programmed to stop showing up on November 1st.  So you can either compile your own version or wait.

Hi

I have a question, We all know that we can use reloading database on debug window to reload the parts for those who are developing it, but, is there a way to reload module manager patches? if yes, how? if no, can it be added as a feature to the mod?

thanks

10 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

Hi

I have a question, We all know that we can use reloading database on debug window to reload the parts for those who are developing it, but, is there a way to reload module manager patches? if yes, how? if no, can it be added as a feature to the mod?

thanks

In space center view press Alt+F11,you'll get this window,"Reload Database" will reload all parts and patches.wL9b7yW.jpg

I got a slight problem with MM version 2.7.1

It seems the game hangs on the loading screen after it has loaded the module manager and then continues to load the parts but then the game is hanging on the Squad parts, namely:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Parts\Utility\commsAntennaDTS-M1

When i remove modulemanager 2.7.1, everything loads up normally... So my best guess is that MM has a certain problem with it... Can someone take a look into this or tell me what might be causing it? 

Ofcourse i use ksp 1.2

Edited by renejant

10 hours ago, Devric said:

Not using this mod until then.

And we should care why? Moaning about a little cat in a bunch of threads is going to achieve nothing.

On 12/10/2016 at 1:38 PM, Alshain said:

Yes actually.  Edit your command line arguments and add -nyan-nyan

Added :D. Long live the cat.

11 minutes ago, renejant said:

I got a slight problem with MM version 2.7.1

Ahem:

On 26/10/2013 at 2:01 AM, sarbian said:

No logs => No support

So, about those logs...

Edited by steve_v

1 hour ago, Jiraiyah said:

ummm is there a way to hide this stupid rainbow with animal at loading screen please? (2.7.1)

Read back. It's on this page.

On 12. 10. 2016 at 1:59 AM, Alshain said:

It's currently programmed to stop showing up on November 1st.  So you can either compile your own version or wait.

11 hours ago, sebi.zzr said:

In space center view press Alt+F11,you'll get this window,"Reload Database" will reload all parts and patches.wL9b7yW.jpg

hmm, well, I tried reload database on alt + F12 one, the thing is that i was using MM for patching indicator light models on some other mod's pod, problem, they wouldn't replace the position correctly unless I close the game and reload it, did i miss something or was it the result of using the default debug window instead of yours?

3 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

hmm, well, I tried reload database on alt + F12 one, the thing is that i was using MM for patching indicator light models on some other mod's pod, problem, they wouldn't replace the position correctly unless I close the game and reload it, did i miss something or was it the result of using the default debug window instead of yours?

The stock database reload won't work for these purposes.  Use the ModuleManager window.

So. im attempting to completely move around all the parts in the tech tree in my, more or less, first mod. What im curious to know though, is if there is a way for me to rename and maybe even move around the tech nodes.... so for example, rename General Rocketry to Manned Flight.

basically i just want to know how much i can move around with just a config file as far as the tech tree is concerned.

44 minutes ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

So. im attempting to completely move around all the parts in the tech tree in my, more or less, first mod. What im curious to know though, is if there is a way for me to rename and maybe even move around the tech nodes.... so for example, rename General Rocketry to Manned Flight.

basically i just want to know how much i can move around with just a config file as far as the tech tree is concerned.

the TechRequired attribute defines where they go.  Their names can be a little hard to discern though, as they are often abbreviated.  Take look at other parts already in the node you want.  You will find them in GameData\Squad\Parts

As far as how much you can move around, you could move every single part in a config file.

You can also create an entirely new tree, but that is another topic.

Edited by Alshain

45 minutes ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

Yes. The entire tree is defined in GameData\Squad\Resources\TechTree.cfg

You can edit it with ModuleManager the same way you'd edit a part file or any other config. In theory you could make an entire new tech tree. Note: This does not define where the parts are, those are each in their own part config.

EDIT: Almost ninja'd but we gave different information :)

Edited by 5thHorseman

9 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Yes. The entire tree is defined in GameData\Squad\Resources\TechTree.cfg

You can edit it with ModuleManager the same way you'd edit a part file or any other config. In theory you could make an entire new tech tree. Note: This does not define where the parts are, those are each in their own part config.

EDIT: Almost ninja'd but we gave different information :)

ahhh alright, thanks. thats exactly what i needed to know. i looked around for a cfg, but didnt look in resources cause i didnt think it would be in there XD, shows what i know :P. but thanks a lot! :D

15 hours ago, sebi.zzr said:

In space center view press Alt+F11,you'll get this window,"Reload Database" will reload all parts and patches.

...oh, wow.  I had no idea that this thing existed.  You're a lifesaver, thank you! :D

I'd been tortuously trying to get placement right by "edit ModuleManager config, restart KSP, go to the VAB and see how it looks, repeat about 37 times".  This will be so much better.

...You know what would be really cool?  KSP 1.2 has added the ability to have commands in the debug console, and it's moddable.  So wouldn't it be great if there were a ModuleManager console command?  e.g. something like this:  open the debug console and type /mm reload all to reload all parts, or /mm reload part mk1pod to reload just the Mk1 command pod, something like that.  Not only would that save the round-tripping in and out of the VAB, but (if the part-specific form were implemented) might be a lot faster to process if just one part needs to be tinkered with.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, of course.  Just having the Alt+F11 menu in KSC view is awesome, I'm just over the Mun about it.  I only bring up the console-interface idea because I've found it's really handy in my own modding.  I just updated IndicatorLights for KSP 1.2, and one of the things I did was to add an /il command to the debug console.  It has really made my life easier when debugging config associated with the mod; having a command-line interface for mods is an incredibly powerful tool, and I'm so happy that KSP has added this feature.

Anyway, just my two cents... thanks again for pointing this out! 

12 minutes ago, Snark said:

open the debug console and type /mm reload all to reload all parts, or /mm reload part mk1pod to reload just the Mk1 command pod, something like that.

Also considering the recent talk about the tech tree, that would make manually creating a new one about 99% easier than I thought it was 5 minutes ago (I had the same misconception you did, and suffered through the same cycle many times)