[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

4 hours ago, Watermel00n said:

Can i rename resources like monopropellant?

If you're asking can you change the name displayed for the resource in the UI then its quite straightforward:

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[MonoPropellant]
{
	@displayName = NewPropellantName // or whatever
	@abbreviation = NPN // or whatever
}

This won't change part titles or descriptions that include the word Monopropellant but will change the resource as listed in the resource panel, tank contents, engine fuel requirements etc.

If you wanted to change titles of parts (e.g. "Small monopropellant engine") and to globally replace the word monopropellant in part descriptions to your new name then you can use MM regular expression syntax:

Spoiler
@PART[*]:HAS[#title[*monopropellant*]]
{
	@title ^= :monopropellant:newpropellantname: // where "newpropellantname" is the name you want to use
}
@PART[*]:HAS[#description[*monopropellant*]]
{
	@description ^= :monopropellant:newpropellantname:
}

// case sensitive - so handle case where word starts with a cap (would also need separate handle for all caps etc.)
@PART[*]:HAS[#title[*Monopropellant*]]
{
	@title ^= :Monopropellant:NewPropellantName: 
}
@PART[*]:HAS[#description[*Monopropellant*]]
{
	@description ^= :Monopropellant:NewPropellantName: 
}

• 3 weeks later...

I've come across some unexpected behaviour when trying to delete a single node based on one of its keys during a processing loop.

Here's a stripped down test case:

Spoiler
TEMP_STORE
{
  LIST
  {
    NODE
    {
      name = one
      TAG = true
    }
    NODE
    {
      name = two
      TAG = false
    }
    NODE
    {
      name = three
      TAG = true
    }
    NODE
    {
      name = four
      // no tag
    }
    NODE
    {
      name = five
      TAG = false
    }
  }
}

@TEMP_STORE
{
  @LIST
  {
    // !NODE,0 {} // coreectly deletes just NODE[one]
    !NODE:HAS[#TAG[true]],0 {} // deletes both NODE[one] amd MODE[three]
  }
}

Adding the :HAS[] clause to the delete seems to change the behaviour of the ,0 index clause in a way I hadn't expected.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm using KSP 1.12.3 and it seems module manager is making my solar panels  dysfunctional... I have tried to install several mods by Nertea_01 which includes his Near Future Solar mod, which adds new solar panels to the game. But I have noticed default deployable solar panels automatically deploy, and I cannot retract them or right-click them. For the Near Future Solar mod, I am unable to deploy any extendible solar panels. I've narrowed the issue down to module manager. But all versions of Module Manager do not function with KSP 1.12.3 and I do not know what to do. Is this a KSP issue or a module manager issue? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Michael_t3 said:

Hey, I'm using KSP 1.12.3 and it seems module manager is making my solar panels  dysfunctional... I have tried to install several mods by Nertea_01 which includes his Near Future Solar mod, which adds new solar panels to the game. But I have noticed default deployable solar panels automatically deploy, and I cannot retract them or right-click them. For the Near Future Solar mod, I am unable to deploy any extendible solar panels. I've narrowed the issue down to module manager. But all versions of Module Manager do not function with KSP 1.12.3 and I do not know what to do. Is this a KSP issue or a module manager issue? Thanks. 

What versions did you install?

Module manager 4.2.1 and NF Solar 1.3.2 are the versions that I'm using and everything is working fine

2 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

What versions did you install?

Module manager 4.2.1 and NF Solar 1.3.2 are the versions that I'm using and everything is working fine

I am using the exact same versions as you! I even tried Module manager 4.1.4. I do not understand why my solar panels bug out with module manager. Maybe it is my pc?

Edited by Michael_t3

29 minutes ago, Michael_t3 said:

I am using the exact same versions as you! I even tried Module manager 4.1.4. I do not understand why my solar panels bug out with module manager.

Quick and simple you can try downloading from a different repository, using CKAN (Which I use/d to install 80-90% of my mods, including MM and NFS) and/or try to reproduce the bug with only NFS and dependencies, which I assume you already did but I mention it just in case

Another thing you can try, a little more tedious is to do a clean install just to be sure that everything is as clean as possible. If you're using Steam you don't need to erase your current install, you just need to rename the KSP folder, for example from "Kerbal Space Program" to "2-Kerbal Space Program" (Quick note, that's what I do to play back and forth with older versions of the game) and then "uninstalling" and reinstalling from Steam and then reinstalling those mods.

Hope this helps

Edited by Guest
Spelling

12 minutes ago, Forked Camphor said:

Quick and simple you can try downloading from a different repository, using CKAN (Which I use/d to install 80-90% of my mods, including MM and NFS) and/or try to reproduce the bug with only NFS and dependencies, which I assume you already did but I mention it just in case

Another thing you can try, a little more tedious is to do a clean install just to be sure that everything is as clean as possible. If you're using Steam you don't need to erase your current install, you just need to rename the KSP folder, for example from "Kerbal Space Program" to "2-Kerbal Space Program" (Quick note, that's what I do to play back and forth with older versions of the game) and then "uninstalling" and reinstalling from Steam and then reinstalling those mods.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the help! I'll try it out and see if it works, and I'll get back to you if it does.

3 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

Hope this helps

Hey! It's me again. So after a lot of tinkering, I've tried out all your methods. I've re-installed ksp (twice), installed MM using CKAN and yet I still have my persisting issue... But I have noticed something odd.... NFS works perfectly fine without MM; meanwhile, when I tried installing NF mods all at once without MM, B9PartSwitch screams at me, forcing me to close ksp. I find that incredibly odd. From what i can discern, MM is only disabling my solar panels, and I do not know why. I've tried everything up till this point and tbh I'm kind of just stuck. Any ideas?

6 hours ago, Michael_t3 said:

Hey! It's me again. So after a lot of tinkering, I've tried out all your methods. I've re-installed ksp (twice), installed MM using CKAN and yet I still have my persisting issue... But I have noticed something odd.... NFS works perfectly fine without MM; meanwhile, when I tried installing NF mods all at once without MM, B9PartSwitch screams at me, forcing me to close ksp. I find that incredibly odd. From what i can discern, MM is only disabling my solar panels, and I do not know why. I've tried everything up till this point and tbh I'm kind of just stuck. Any ideas?

Mmmm, what I found is that NFS comes with B9 Part switch version 2.18 and I'm using currently 2.20, this is most likely the problem try updating it and cheking again

12 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

Mmmm, what I found is that NFS comes with B9 Part switch version 2.18 and I'm using currently 2.20, this is most likely the problem try updating it and cheking again

I was thinking the same thing. So i've checked it and my B9 Part Switch was outdated on version 2.18 and i've now updated it, but the problem still persists.

Here's a screenshot of the errors I receive.  They all mention a "module missing". I can provide any further logs if needed, and the errors are all the same.

Screenshot_2022-05-08_121331.png

14 minutes ago, Michael_t3 said:

I was thinking the same thing. So i've checked it and my B9 Part Switch was outdated on version 2.18 and i've now updated it, but the problem still persists.

Here's a screenshot of the errors I receive.  They all mention a "module missing". I can provide any further logs if needed, and the errors are all the same.

The B9PartSwitch on the NFS panels is not finding ModuleDeployableSolarPanel, probably some other mod you have installed is replacing the default solar panel module with a custom variant and that's causing the error in NFS. You should check through your ModuleManager log file to see what patches are applied to one of the parts (e.g. search for "nfs-panel-deploying-advanced-1x1-ikonos-1") and then seeing if any of those patches affect ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.

24 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

The B9PartSwitch on the NFS panels is not finding ModuleDeployableSolarPanel, probably some other mod you have installed is replacing the default solar panel module with a custom variant and that's causing the error in NFS. You should check through your ModuleManager log file to see what patches are applied to one of the parts (e.g. search for "nfs-panel-deploying-advanced-1x1-ikonos-1") and then seeing if any of those patches affect ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.

Yes, I'm using Kopernicus as I wanted to use SVE and for other planetary-related purposes. I've checked and ModuleManager was replacing ModuleDeployableSolarPanel with Kopernicus'  useKopernicusSolarPanels = false which I believe (I can't say since I don't know code) was disabling my solar panels. I'm unsure how to fix (change) this, so I've simply removed Kopernicus for now. But, it's no longer broken! Thanks for the help.

22 minutes ago, Michael_t3 said:

Yes, I'm using Kopernicus as I wanted to use SVE and for other planetary-related purposes. I've checked and ModuleManager was replacing ModuleDeployableSolarPanel with Kopernicus'  useKopernicusSolarPanels = false which I believe (I can't say since I don't know code) was disabling my solar panels. I'm unsure how to fix (change) this, so I've simply removed Kopernicus for now. But, it's no longer broken! Thanks for the help.

You should be able to use NFS and Kopernicus together (I do). Were you using a planet pack with multiple stars? If so there's a separate file on the Kopernicus download page that you need to get (MultiStarSolarPanels.cfg) but which should not be included for single star systems.

41 minutes ago, Michael_t3 said:

What mods are you using?

4 hours ago, Michael_t3 said:

Please provide a log file, would be helpful to see the ModuleManager log files as well

On 5/8/2022 at 2:00 PM, Aelfhe1m said:

You should be able to use NFS and Kopernicus together (I do). Were you using a planet pack with multiple stars? If so there's a separate file on the Kopernicus download page that you need to get (MultiStarSolarPanels.cfg) but which should not be included for single star systems.

I pre-installed Kopernicus as I am interested in getting a planet pack. For now I'm using it for SVE to enable Jool rings. I have not installed any planet pack yet due to ongoing real-life stuff that I'm dealing with, I have plans to install planet packs in the future.

But for now, will deleting MultiStarSolarPanels.cfg do the job? It already came pre-packaged in Kopernicus, and I am assuming here that it is un-needed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

for an example:

MODULE[XXFuelswitch]

tankMass=1;2;3;4

I want to divide these mass number by 2, so I can use

@tankMass[*,;] /= 2

but when it comes to multiple switchable module like:

tankMass=1;2;3;4|2;4;6;8|3;6;9;12|4;8;12;16

How do I write the correct formula?

9 minutes ago, Clancythecat said:

Is it theoretically possible to make a patch that applies to every crew cabin with a certain amount of crew capacity?

Something like this you mean?

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[X]]

4 hours ago, Clancythecat said:

Is it theoretically possible to make a patch that applies to every crew cabin with a certain amount of crew capacity?

4 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

Something like this you mean?

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[X]]

Or @PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>X]] for all parts with crew capacity of more than X. You can also use < but not >= or <=