[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

7 minutes ago, AlonzoTG said:

Hey! the new version of module manager causes B9 part switch to panic and abort the game, it pops up an error message saying that it wasn't loaded right and then pulls the ejector lever on the entire game...

And what make you think the problem lies in MM, which is update for 1.4, and not in B9 part switch, which is not updated for 1.4 ?

5 hours ago, AlonzoTG said:

Hey! the new version of module manager causes B9 part switch to panic and abort the game, it pops up an error message saying that it wasn't loaded right and then pulls the ejector lever on the entire game...

i do not get that error message. only a few windows about incompatible mods. tweakscale (using latest version}, extraplanetary launchpads {also latest version) running ksp 1.4 and then a bunch of windows about mod versions out of date. but the squad ports are missing too which is why i was confused

29 minutes ago, Apollo Outamon said:

i do not get that error message. only a few windows about incompatible mods. tweakscale (using latest version}, extraplanetary launchpads {also latest version) running ksp 1.4 and then a bunch of windows about mod versions out of date. but the squad ports are missing too which is why i was confused

It is unlikely.

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

Ignore this, I solved my own question but the forum won't let me delete this post.

I had an extra } in my config file.

Reminds me of one of those WHO WOULD WIN memes.... (A bunch of code vs one misplaced semicolon...)

18 minutes ago, Foxster said:

ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll is reported on my PC by Windows Defender as containing Trojan:Win32/Critet.BS . 

Anyone else?

It also happens to me. it does not even stop happening after updating to the latest version of defender in W10. 

my ver in Defender is 1.263.585.0

1 hour ago, nicklit said:

So glad I'm using a proper antivirus.

Proper and antivirus are two word that should not be in the same sentence. You either have a security theater AV that never has any false positive and does little beside eating your CPU or you have a paranoid software that eat your CPU, your IO and your time with false positive.

Defender marked a bunch of KSP file as a virus : 

Update your definition manually and it should be gone: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

4 hours ago, AtleSt said:

module manager for some reason kills my crafts because im using the porkjet partoverhauls, so i cant use any other mods

1. It is highly unlikely that MM actually does what you say it does.
  2. You did not provide any log so see 1

question: i need to run my cfg after [VenStockRevamp], but only if its installed. Reason: i use stock battery models and if [VenStockRevamp] is installed, the model path gets changed.

if i use AFTER[VenStockRevamp], it somehow doesn't work, if  [VenStockRevamp] is not installed. I dont want to use [FINAL], because its bad (?)

would FOR[VenStockRevamp] be better? Log says: 

Line 5500: [LOG 19:32:11.683] [ModuleManager] Deleting root node in file RealBattery/RealBattery_mm node: +PART[*attery*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp] as it can't satisfy its AFTER

see :

https://github.com/blackliner/RealBattery/issues/8

Edited by Blackline

On 3/16/2018 at 2:52 PM, maculator said:

For some reason my Windows defender has a bad day and flags the .dll as a virus :S the second mod today. Just wanted to let you know.

I wonder if that's why most of my mods suddenly don't work. The .dll used to be in the /GameData folder and I just now noticed that it's gone. Any attempt to copy/extract it there leads to nothing. No errors or warnings, just ... nothing.

1 hour ago, Kerfuffle said:

I wonder if that's why most of my mods suddenly don't work. The .dll used to be in the /GameData folder and I just now noticed that it's gone. Any attempt to copy/extract it there leads to nothing. No errors or warnings, just ... nothing.

Eliminate the wonder and go check your antivirus logs. I haven't yet seen an antivirus program that doesn't log its activity when it takes action to quarantine a suspected threat.

You should also have the option to undo the action and flag the file as nonthreatening.

Edited by Starwaster

12 hours ago, Blackline said:

question: i need to run my cfg after [VenStockRevamp], but only if its installed. Reason: i use stock battery models and if [VenStockRevamp] is installed, the model path gets changed.

if i use AFTER[VenStockRevamp], it somehow doesn't work, if  [VenStockRevamp] is not installed. I dont want to use [FINAL], because its bad (?)

would FOR[VenStockRevamp] be better? Log says: 

Line 5500: [LOG 19:32:11.683] [ModuleManager] Deleting root node in file RealBattery/RealBattery_mm node: +PART[*attery*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp] as it can't satisfy its AFTER

see :

https://github.com/blackliner/RealBattery/issues/8

Isn't what's happening with :AFTER exactly what you want?  VenStockRevamp is not found, so the patch is not run.

20 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Isn't what's happening with :AFTER exactly what you want?  VenStockRevamp is not found, so the patch is not run.

My mod has only one cfg, and in that i am cloning the stock batteries and give them new names, properties etc: +PART[*attery*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]]:FOR[VenStockRevamp]

• if Ven* is not present, the cfg can run anytime during mm patchload
    • using AFTER would prevent my cfg from being run at all, so no RealBattery
    • using FOR somehow works without VEN, but i didn't check what happens if VEN is installed
  • if Ven IS present:
    • if i do nothing, my patch runs before (RealBattery is called before VenStockRevamp), i loose all models ingame, because VEN is path patching like this (although that path patching is done after my stuff ??? @PART[*]:FOR[zzzVSRPathPatch] ???) :
      • @MODEL,* {  @model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Electrical/z-100Battery/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/Batteries/model100:  }
    • if i use AFTER, it somehow works
    • currently no idea if FOR works with VEN

In everything i do, i'd love to take comments in how to improve, so don't hesitate giving feedback :-)

@maja oh crap.. thanks

Ok, kommando zurück, my models don't disappear, they are just the old stock ones. I guess i wanted to use VEN's models, thats why i added AFTER. I tried without any FOR AFTER Etc, and at least they show up. Unless there is no easy solution, i'll stick with that.

Edited by Blackline