[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

With 2.2.1, the MM debug menu is displayed on every screen. How do I get rid of it? I reverted to 2.2.0 for now.

I think I read somewhere (perhaps in this thread), that 2.2.2 will remove that debug menu.

Edited by Apollo13

When you see the button menu from Module Manager you must right click it to make it go away.

When you right click the Module Manager button too many times, your middle finger gets tired.

When your middle finger is tired, you can't flip off that jerk who cut you off in traffic.

When you don't flip off that jerk who cut you off in traffic, he thinks that what he did was morally okay.

When jerks who cut people off in traffic think that what they do is morally okay, the moral center of Humanity shifts towards jerkitude.

When the moral center of Humanity shifts far enough towards jerkitude, Western Civilization collapses.

Keep Western Civilization from collapsing. Auto hide your buttons.

(sorry, sarbian. your post just made me think of those commercials and that entire sequence just popped into my head. I figured better out than in)

While yours is more interesting and original I'll put my version here -

Guy sees a favorite mod is updated, downloads and installs it.

Favorite mod has the 2.2.1 MM bundled, guy does not go read MM update history.

Guy starts game, and is presented with a dialog.

Guy has no clue what the dialog is about, and incorrectly concludes that an error has occurred.

Guy hits reload database but the dialog persists - guy restarts game, to realize, all parts are unreached, and vessels cannot be loaded. Luckily he had a backup.

Guy finds out, that there was no real problem to begin with, and is annoyed that had his fun time wasted.

Guy is being called a jerk for pointing out a potential issue.

Sarbian, for peaces sake, if something is not ready to be consumed from the general public, tell mod creators not to bundle it. It's better for everyone.

Edited by Aedile

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how can I go about overriding the specific impulse of an engine?

I'm trying this currently, it's supposed to be a basic "Cheat" tweak config:

@PART[Tantares_Engine_A]
{
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
{
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 8950
key = 1 4725
}
}
}

I've taken a look at some other configs for other mods, but I'm missing something.

Thanks for any help :)

Edit:

I added "@" tags before "atmosphereCurve" and before each key. This somewhat works, but it is using the second key entry "4725" for both VAC and ATM isp values.

I guess it is overriding both as 8950 first and then overwritten again as 4725?

How do I differentiate between both keys?

Edited by Beale

So I'm trying to add crossfeed to a bunch of tanks that have resources. Was thinking the best way would be to just do this: @PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleCrossFeed], @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]]

But I didn't really want to have a line for each resource. Can I do something like this?

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleCrossFeed], @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel, MonoPropellant, XenonGas]]

ok it would seem that something on mm makes my techs go unresearched and i have to manually click on each one and reresearch them one at a time. am i missing something? is there a button that will just do them all with one click cuz that'd be greeeeeeeat.

So I'm trying to add crossfeed to a bunch of tanks that have resources. Was thinking the best way would be to just do this: @PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleCrossFeed], @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]]

But I didn't really want to have a line for each resource. Can I do something like this?

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleCrossFeed], @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel, MonoPropellant, XenonGas]]

no, but an * shoud work.

ok it would seem that something on mm makes my techs go unresearched and i have to manually click on each one and reresearch them one at a time. am i missing something? is there a button that will just do them all with one click cuz that'd be greeeeeeeat.

last link in my signature

No doubt this has been asked before, but searching doesn't bring anything up.

Can module manager stop parts from loading?

I know I can just delete a part, but then I have to remember every part I've deleted whenever I update.

No doubt this has been asked before, but searching doesn't bring anything up.

Can module manager stop parts from loading?

I know I can just delete a part, but then I have to remember every part I've deleted whenever I update.

No it can't.

And what do you mean about having to remember what parts you deleted when you update? Just re-use the cfg file you used to delete them. Unless there's something I'm not getting?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there a way for one value to reference another? Specifically, for my ModuleEngineConfigs heat and thrust values to reference the original ModuleEngines values?

Yes – you can modify them by adding (+=) or multiplying (*=) the original value by a constant. There's also a regex replacement syntax. See the wiki section on Edit for more information.

And what do you mean about having to remember what parts you deleted when you update? Just re-use the cfg file you used to delete them. Unless there's something I'm not getting?

Now I'm confused. How would you use a cfg to delete parts if MM can't do that? I believe Nori's complication is removing parts & textures from the folder, but they are replaced when updating the mod.

Yes – you can modify them by adding (+=) or multiplying (*=) the original value by a constant. There's also a regex replacement syntax. See the wiki section on Edit for more information.

Now I'm confused. How would you use a cfg to delete parts if MM can't do that? I believe Nori's complication is removing parts & textures from the folder, but they are replaced when updating the mod.

Doesn't it have the capacity now to delete root nodes?

I'd swear I saw somewhere we could do that....

If it's still the case that we cannot, sorry Nori, my bad. (You'd have to hide them in the editor and tech tree by changing their category / tech to something non-existent so that the game can't place them)

@TechRequired = nonexistentTech
@category = nonexistentCategory

Edited by Starwaster

Yep, this is what I meant.

In the past I used to just delete parts manually. With one or two mods that isn't a big deal. But when you start getting hundreds of parts it becomes tough.

For instance, I have prodecural fairing. Thinking of installing KW rockets. Don't need/want their fairings. Could physically delete the parts, but then if a update comes out all that work is lost.

@Starwaster

Ok. I figured you could hide them somehow, but then you still have the texture loading into memory. Which is why I was asking if MM could actually keep it from loading.

Thanks

There seems to be a key feature missing, though. You can make a copy of "maxThrust" and double the value, but you can't then rename the result to "heatProduction". Unless there's something I'm missing?

So maybe this is a feature request for a variable assignment operator:

@MODULE[ModuleEngines] {
// make 'heatProduction' equal to twice 'maxThrust'
@heatProduction <= maxThrust
@heatProduction *= 2
}

And if I were really greedy, perhaps global variables and simple operations?

@MODULE[ModuleEngines],1 {
&tempHeat <= maxThrust
&tempHeat *= 2
@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer] {
&tempHeat *= ratio
}
}
@MODULE[ModuleEngines],2 {
@heatProduction <= &tempHeat
}

I think that and a bit of cleverness would allow any math people anyone would reasonably want to do. With clever enough use of regexes it might even turn out to be Turing complete. (No, wait, we'd still need a way to make a loop...)

Edited by NonWonderDog

Zyrac,

I think that question really gets to how ModuleManager works. It changes parts before they're loaded by the game and then mostly stops running. So to answer your question, MM can set or modify the initial resource amount, but it can't access or modify resources once the game has started. I believe you'd need a plugin for that.